Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

16 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

1) Have Scott Dolson call him into his office.

2) Tell he's fired. 

3) Consult BtownBanners for ideas on next coach. 

It would be better than continuing to use these awful search firms. I wonder what the university has paid these firms since Knight's departure. 

I'm happy we're all here.  It feels like we're sad as a fanbase, but I finally feel unity with all my brothers and sisters after years of poor play.

You know what chaps me though?  Over the last 4 years we've seen a lot of player bashing as excuses to our failures.  Many people openly blamed Deron Davis and Devonte Green (among others) for the losses.  Some even called them cancers to the team and openly hoped they'd be gone soon for the good of the program.  Kids giving their heart and soul into the team.  Not the adult we've been paying millions of dollars.

Well, the players that were called cancer and blamed for holding Miller back are gone.  Miller is still here and we're worse than ever.

Don't get me wrong, as much as it angers me that we bashed some kids so much, I'm not trying to bash any poster in particular.  I just hope the ones that did take a step back and think about those accusations.  Grow a little.  Those kids were not the ones to blame.  

Let's all grow together.  Kick this bum off campus and start fresh.  Kumbayah mother ****ers

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm happy we're all here.  It feels like we're sad as a fanbase, but I finally feel unity with all my brothers and sisters after years of poor play.

You know what chaps me though?  Over the last 4 years we've seen a lot of player bashing as excuses to our failures.  Many people openly blamed Deron Davis and Devonte Green (among others) for the losses.  Some even called them cancers to the team and openly hoped they'd be gone soon for the good of the program.  Kids giving their heart and soul into the team.  Not the adult we've been paying millions of dollars.

Well, the players that were called cancer and blamed for holding Miller back are gone.  Miller is still here and we're worse than ever.

Don't get me wrong, as much as it angers me that we bashed some kids so much, I'm not trying to bash any poster in particular.  I just hope the ones that did take a step back and think about those accusations.  Grow a little.  Those kids were not the ones to blame.  

Let's all grow together.  Kick this bum off campus and start fresh.  Kumbayah mother ****ers

Green, Davis and mostly Justin Smith. Now Smith is letting his talents show down south and they have been pretty good. 

I’ve seen a few posts here stating they wanted to see Miller succeed and I’m one of them. I watched Archie play for NC State plenty of times and knew he was a gritty player. None of that has translated to his coaching; at least not at IU.

Two more things are just glaring like a pimple on a teenagers nose. Total lack of motivation with any of his teams.

Exhibit A:
how do you not get a team ready to beat your heated rival, with a packed house, and the legendary coach that hadn’t set foot in the building for 20 years in the arena that night. It was a complete fail.

Exhibit B:
The NCAA tournament will be hosted entirely in your home state and partly in your own gym. IU won’t be a part of it. How is that allowed to happen?

I realize there are other issues but those two things are virtually unforgivable

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Try emailing your elected representatives in D.C. if you want to see weapons grade form letters in action.  I emailed both IN senators and got essentially identical responses - and neither even addressed the main subject of my inquiry.
Been there done that with ours.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I’ve seen a few posts here stating they wanted to see Miller succeed and I’m one of them. I watched Archie play for NC State plenty of times and knew he was a gritty player. None of that has translated to his coaching; at least not at IU.

Two more things are just glaring like a pimple on a teenagers nose. Total lack of motivation with any of his teams.

Exhibit A:
how do you not get a team ready to beat your heated rival, with a packed house, and the legendary coach that hadn’t set foot in the building for 20 years in the arena that night. It was a complete fail.

Exhibit B:
The NCAA tournament will be hosted entirely in your home state and partly in your own gym. IU won’t be a part of it. How is that allowed to happen?

I realize there are other issues but those two things are virtually unforgivable

I didn’t even mention the Bob Knight fiasco that game against Purdue. That’s another nail

I so desperately wanted Archie to be the guy. A young Knight with a chip and a head for the game. His all-business demeanor seemed kind of like a good IU-personality fit at first, which we needed after having a human meme for a coach. If he was grumpy and a great coach, I’d be happy. Instead we get a style of play I equate with a trip to the DMV and nothing to show for the last 4 years except wasted Mr. Basketballs and missed tournaments.  

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

As far as I'm concerned, the buyout should only be if a team is trying to poach a coach.  The buyout should go from poaching university to poached university.  I wish I could suck at my job and say hey, you can fire me, but you have to pay me to go!  Dumb!

It comes with the territory....the buyout is basically a form of guaranteed money.  Almost every power 5 job puts that in place.  And it’s going to be there in the next coach’s contract whenever that occurs.  

I obviously think it’s time to move on from Archie, but I guess I don’t get the vitriol.  I guarantee you the losing hurts him more than it does us.

I’ve been so hard on Archie lately. But what if, Dakich is hitting the nail on the head with his radio show from today? I will admit, the first 15-20 minutes I was like yeah whatever. But after listening to the entire show, I started to wonder. Does he have a point? Is it right?

Yes, I know Archie has got to hit the right buttons with this team. This team is soft. Their not mentally tough. Is it leadership? I’ll be glad when some of these kids are gone.

I am on the fence about Archie. The most important part of a good team is point guard. The coach on the floor. What I don’t get is what happened to Phinisee is it Archies fault. The first two years he was ok but I thought he could be really good if not for the injuries. Now he is completely lost. IU would probably have several more wins and be rated in the top 25 with decent point guard play this year. Lander not ready and Phinisee lost has really hurt this team. Archie has gave Phinisee plenty of chances to get it worked out.Plus had played lander more they were a combined 0-10 last night. What would you do as coach? Is this Archies fault? 

23 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I’ve been so hard on Archie lately. But what if, Dakich is hitting the nail on the head with his radio show from today? I will admit, the first 15-20 minutes I was like yeah whatever. But after listening to the entire show, I started to wonder. Does he have a point? Is it right?

Yes, I know Archie has got to hit the right buttons with this team. This team is soft. Their not mentally tough. Is it leadership? I’ll be glad when some of these kids are gone.

What did DD say

Tony Adragna has an interesting video clip regarding Hunter late game. More evidence of the divide between Archie and his players imo.

I don’t really care if they like one another or not, but at some point you have to win and prove your worth. It’s not the players fault, and even if it is, it’s still Archies fault. Always is. He recruits them, feeds them, teaches them, builds them, plays them, subs them. He has full control. He isn’t doing something right. Much of it is recruiting, As I always say. But other intangibles can overcome. Archie isn’t demonstrating any of it. And on top of it, it appears his players don’t like/respect him. Fun times.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners