Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

It is.  That’s how they have always done that type of thing.  It will be some college kid working in the department copying and pasting. A fan will never get an email to Scott Dolson.  It would get filtered into a specific folder that interns have admin access to in Outlook. 

That intern needs to check his reply too..

Again, thank you for taking to the time to share your observations.  It is appreciated.

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It is.  That’s how they have always done that type of thing.  It will be some college kid working in the department copying and pasting. A fan will never get an email to Scott Dolson.  It would get filtered into a specific folder that interns have admin access to in Outlook.  Tbh they probably set up a signature in Outlook with that generic response and switch the team out every game.  One click email done.

Try emailing your elected representatives in D.C. if you want to see weapons grade form letters in action.  I emailed both IN senators and got essentially identical responses - and neither even addressed the main subject of my inquiry.

30 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Take it for what it's worth and draw your own conclusions.aaae4f9fb708a5b767623d039cdc5671.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've never gotten a response!  You must be a higher level donor than I am

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Maybe we need to change the focus for a moment. It has been said many times on this board and by our lovable blowhard DD that the real problem may be the administration.

Now does this mean the AD and his department?  

Does this mean other admin departments like compliance?

Does this mean the trustees? Or influential people like Gonzo and others DD has mentioned?

If we all agree that it is probably time to make a change at the coaching level does our problems in the “admin” hurt our chances of hiring the right coach? Further, does it hurt their chance to then succeed once hired. 

I already rented my pitchfork and am ready to storm the palace (this is not literal for anyone who might be confused) but instead of calling for a new head coach I think our target needs to be ridding us out the “clown show” we have now. 

If agreed, can’t we mobilize and maybe get the press in on this?  Can’t we target them first then shift our focus to the coach?  

When someone provides fact to backup assertions that the administration is the basis for issues, I'll listen.  We've been told players couldn't be recruited or couldn't be dismissed and things like that.  Possible? Yes.  But never  much more than speculation.

Besides, the football program is doing pretty well under (presumably) the same conditions.

9 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

When someone provides fact to backup assertions that the administration is the basis for issues, I'll listen.  We've been told players couldn't be recruited or couldn't be dismissed and things like that.  Possible? Yes.  But never  much more than speculation.

Besides, the football program is doing pretty well under (presumably) the same conditions.

This is not a great example but look at the NCAA tournament. IU being smarter than everyone else will have a much smaller % of seating available than other sites will. 

12 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I could be wrong but the football team has never had issues with the APR

24 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

been MIA for awhile as my wife and I welcomed a new member to our family. 

Not sure what has been more exhausting though, a newborn baby or IU basketball. 

But anyway..... fire him, sadly. 

CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

This post reminded me of the IU football game against Michigan when we won, Coach Allen was doing an interview and all the players were saying this is our coach, we love you, coach. I thought would any of the basketball players do this to Archie. Coach Allen has a way with the players that they love to play for him, don't want to let him down, and feel bad when they make a mistake. We don't have that on the basketball side. We're missing it and we need it

Not to mention the recruiting boost it gives.  Coach Allen is a keeper.  

I’m watching from the shadows.  I love IUBB as one of my top viewing priorities.  I wanted Archie to excel so badly.  His age, his no nonsense approach, etc.  I just want Indiana to be justifiably nationally prevalent. I’ve always thought it would happen with the right hire. And it should/could.  I’m beginning to lose hope. And that says a lot. 

I barely watch the games anymore and when I do I don’t enjoy it.  I was always giving Archie 4 years plus projection.  That time is done. An absolutely stellar recruiting class in 2021 would probably have me feeling better about next season but our awful results off the court are actually worse than our results on the court.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

I'll tell you what.  If money is the problem, hire me for a year. I'll coach them for min wage and an apartment by Nicks.  I'll keep guys like Roberts on staff, and we'll run an up tempo offense which will attract the recruits.  I'll guarantee wins against the likes of Rutgers and Northwestern -- we'll run them out of the building.  Hell I'll even get new uniforms for the team and the cheer leaders to satisfy some of you all.  We'll have a blast and at least be fun to watch.  When the right guy is ready, I'll gladly step aside and hand him the reins.  My buyout -- $1 and a pitcher of beer at Roys.  We may not be any better record wise, but we won't be fading into oblivion either.   :) 

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

This post reminded me of the IU football game against Michigan when we won, Coach Allen was doing an interview and all the players were saying this is our coach, we love you, coach. I thought would any of the basketball players do this to Archie. Coach Allen has a way with the players that they love to play for him, don't want to let him down, and feel bad when they make a mistake. We don't have that on the basketball side. We're missing it and we need it

Not to mention, the senior speeches of the last few years where they barely acknowledged Miller at all. The uptight/nervous nature with which this team plays is reflective of players who don't really like or trust their coach. 

Rick Bozich -  

At crunch time, Indiana has a habit of disappearing faster than Jimmy Hoffa.

And, there is a March 6 visit to Purdue, which has treated Indiana like the junior varsity since Miller’s arrival.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-at-indiana-the-question-has-shifted-from-ncaa-tournament-to-archie-millers-future/article_f1605718-7789-11eb-b312-7b394b42baa9.html?fbclid=IwAR3LGg48tWz6G4ct3ssX30TZ3ilfEVd8IEp072nZLvsSkL3mbVBz_A1Fkc8

15 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

It’s a shame it’s come to this but it’s time. I’ll be the first to admit that I was wrong on this one. I didn’t see him as a slam dunk hire,  but he was a notable up and comer, and if we didn’t get him another big program would’ve taken a chance on him within a year or two. We weren’t stupid for hiring him, but we sure as hell will be if we keep him while the program swirls the drain. 

It’s a shame too, because I really wanted this to work and liked what I saw the first year under him. That 2017 Duke game showed what I thought was a glimpse of things to come. Not just in playing style but in energy and discipline. But after four years with literally no progress, we need to make a change. This team has been ranked a total of five weeks in four seasons. We know what we have at this point.

Thinking back to what we were looking for post-Crean, Archie did check a lot of those boxes, at least initially. Keep talent at home, emphasize defense, limit turnovers, move the ball in the half court, know how to break a zone. We were doing all of those things in year one, but they’re nowhere to be seen in year four. Going back to the Duke game again, his offense was creating a lot of good looks, and I kept telling myself watching bad shooters miss good shots “just wait until he gets some shooters on the team.”  It never came. The offense is pitiful and the lack of shooting and offensive cohesion is comically bad. The good looks his offense got in year one are now nonexistent.

In perspective, I don’t really know how well Archie ever adjusted to IU being his home and Bloomington being his community, and to a lesser extent Indiana being his state. This never felt like we were watching “Archie Miller’s Hoosiers” but more so Archie Miller is coaching Indiana tonight. His family is absent from the sidelines, and he isn’t a vocal member of the community the way Knight, Crean or Hep were, or how Tom Allen is now. If you’re not going to dive head first into a job like this then it’s not a surprise your tenure plateaus this early. 

I really don’t know where this program goes from here. I mean, you keep trying until you find a coach that works, but we’re entering a leveling-off phase for this program that is getting tougher and tougher to reverse course from. When Crean took over in 2008, which still doesn’t feel that long ago for some reason, we were six years removed from a championship game appearance. That’s now almost 20 years ago.

There is very little that is enticing about this program right now. It isn’t cool, it really isn’t a national brand anymore,  and we have to rely on plastering five stars on our players’ ***** to remind everyone what once was. Kids aren’t growing up dreaming of playing for Indiana, and I’m not even sure how much our student body cares either (including in-staters).

Having no fans this season was very revealing in being able to honestly assess what this program now is. Like many here, I’ve found myself indifferent to when our next game is or who we’re playing. It’s honestly a waste of time to make any real investment to this team. I don’t know who the right replacement would be, but we need to get this right....for once...

Dang, that's exactly what I was going to say, verbatim. Seriously though, well done sir.

14 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t think an argument needs to be made at this point, the horse is dead and rotting

the sooner the better, likely should be the day after we lose our first game of the bigten tourney

and that's a stinky horse

Dont put off the inevitable another year. Archie is not a season removed from winning the B1G like Crean was. He has accomplished nothing.  No great recruiting class coming next year. A known commodity at this point. Move on before any more harm comes to the program.

9 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Teams aren’t consistent, no realistic improvement, hasn’t beaten Purdue, losing conference records and not being in the tournament. The cherry on top is this year’s tournament being in the state of Indiana and IU won’t make it. The flagship school in the state won’t make the tournament when it’s held in said state. That’s embarrassing beyond comprehension

Aside from that, things seem to be going well