Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

11 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t think an argument needs to be made at this point, the horse is dead and rotting

the sooner the better, likely should be the day after we lose our first game of the bigten tourney

yup. the sooner the better, so we can get a head start on search and negotiations. 

Scott Dolson’s job as assistant AD was to be heavily involved with raising money with boosters right? I think that came out during the Assembly Hall upgrade and the Cook Hall facility. He was often at the Corporate sponsor events Whereas FG was never there.

Scott also was key to the RMK return. Pat mentioned this in an interview after. They did not want anyone from IU involved except Scott. If you watched the 85 Trip show Scott is the last one they show as RMK is leaving.

We may still screw this hire up but Scott should have built a great relationship with the boosters and also knows the history. He knows all the former players, coaches and was a manager during some great years.

Not a clear cut hire assuming BS is not interested but Scott should be the one guy that can raise the $

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

25 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Scott Dolson’s job as assistant AD was to be heavily involved with raising money with boosters right? I think that came out during the Assembly Hall upgrade and the Cook Hall facility. He was often at the Corporate sponsor events Whereas FG was never there.

Scott also was key to the RMK return. Pat mentioned this in an interview after. They did not want anyone from IU involved except Scott. If you watched the 85 Trip show Scott is the last one they show as RMK is leaving.

We may still screw this hire up but Scott should have built a great relationship with the boosters and also knows the history. He knows all the former players, coaches and was a manager during some great years.

Not a clear cut hire assuming BS is not interested but Scott should be the one guy that can raise the $

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That’s a huge plus and if he plays it right, he could be the one to turn this program around for his tenure and beyond. The thing that is hard for the everyday person to grasp, but it really could be 1 call he makes. 1 individual could get us out of this pickle 

8 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

As quickly as possible after you have his replacement lined up. 

Welcome back Birdman.

WHEN:  He's got to go this year. 

WHY:  How many of our top recruiting targets are going to remain interested in IU and what is clearly a lame duck coach.  The commentary everywhere is how bad we are and about Archie's job security and that will be used by every other coaching staff recruiting the same kid.  Oh, and did I mention the product on the court is pitiful.

HOW:  Your services are no longer required and btw the door locks have already been changed.     

PRESS RELEASE:  Coach Miller has announced he's leaving IU in anticipation of future employment.  We appreciate blah, blah, blah.

Travel back in time to 2011... Right after Brad Stevens takes Shelvin Mack and Butler to a 2nd straight title game, fire Tom Crean and his Brad Stevens. We still get Cody and Yogi. The universe is set right. Corona never even happens because of it. Guranteed. 

Archie has lost the team, and you could see it in the effort our players had in the second half. Rutgers dunking on every break and rubbing our noses in it. As bad as Indiana basketball has been since Knight, last night’s game was the worst I’ve felt since 2000. And that includes Davis not coaching one game, Dakich coaching any game, and Crean’s sideline antics and coach speak at pressers. With Glass out I think we have a man with the courage to hire an Indiana guy in some capacity even though some Hoosiers may not like it. The 85 IU special showed what a real coach can do with talented players that buy in as a team and family. Go Hoosiers!

4 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I wanted him here and now I’m at the point were I’m this close to leave from Durham, rent a pitch fork (can they be rented?), and making camp at the Hall.   I’m 42 years old, I shouldn’t be this angry but here I am.  

PITCH FORK Rentals Highland MI, Where to Rent PITCH FORK in Ann Arbor MI,  Flint, Detroit, Dearborn, Lansing Michigan

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think the very end of the Crean era was worse---the basketball was just as completely depressing, but Crean acted all weird, awkward, and excuse-driven when it went south. Archie remains a likeable adult while his team wholly disintegrates.

I've bashed Archie's coaching for years.  His offense is unwatchable, his gameplans are brain numbing, his substitutions are questionable, and he just plain sucks.  But I agree, he is a likable guy.  I'll never hate Archie Miller, just his coaching.

I can't feel sorry for him though.  He's become life changing rich because of us.

Obviously, I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes -- at practice, in the locker room, at team meetings, etc. But on the surface, it just seems as if Archie has no relationship with his players. There just looks to be a real disconnect there. You don't necessarily want your coach to be friends with the players -- at least while they're in school -- but there needs to be some type of relationship. There just doesn't appear to be much of one. ... Wonder what it was like for him at Dayton?

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Obviously, I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes -- at practice, in the locker room, at team meetings, etc. But on the surface, it just seems as if Archie has no relationship with his players. There just looks to be a real disconnect there. You don't necessarily want your coach to be friends with the players -- at least while they're in school -- but there needs to be some type of relationship. There just doesn't appear to be much of one. ... Wonder what it was like for him at Dayton?

It was front and center last night. Hunter and Archie had words. Jerome may have been the first to be vocal about it, but I'd be shocked if there weren't more players tuning out or starting to tune out Archie. I'm apprehensive to put it mildly on how the rest of this season unfolds.

I didn't want Crean gone as much as I do Archie now. It's been a LONG time since I have been this mad this long after a loss. I usually don't allow my thoughts on a loss affect the rest of my day. Today it is.
I think it is time to inundate the Athletic Department with emails or calls to fire hime.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think the very end of the Crean era was worse---the basketball was just as completely depressing, but Crean acted all weird, awkward, and excuse-driven when it went south. Archie remains a likeable adult while his team wholly disintegrates.

I agree Archie is a likable coach, and I thought he was a great hire and have supported him until this year. Crean definitely wasn’t likable and was weird in just about every way I can think. But, Crean recruited shooters(although he ran one of his best off the team which cost him big) and some of the best big men Indiana has had in a long time with Zeller, Vonleh, and Bryant. He just wasn’t talented enough in coaching to get us back to the final four. I have never witnessed an Indiana team totally give up like last night, and we have had a lot of lows since Knight was sent packing. Because of this I think our culture is as bad as it’s ever been and the main reason he has to go. 

I turned to tasks after the first half of the Rutgers game.  It’s sad but I’m at the point were I don’t want to put myself through this mess.   I always ask myself, am I maturing or is that I recognize that the program is moving itself to irrelevance.  Sad. 

Just now, schoosier said:

I agree Archie is a likable coach, and I thought he was a great hire and have supported him until this year. Crean definitely wasn’t likable and was weird in just about every way I can think. But, Crean recruited shooters(although he ran one of his best off the team which cost him big) and some of the best big men Indiana has had in a long time with Zeller, Vonleh, and Bryant. He just wasn’t talented enough in coaching to get us back to the final four. I have never witnessed an Indiana team totally give up like last night, and we have had a lot of lows since Knight was sent packing. Because of this I think our culture is as bad as it’s ever been and the main reason he has to go. 

That second half unguarded slam dunk procession by Rutgers was something to watch, eh?