Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

whoooooole lotta Alford talk with Dan. 

Ugh. 

Yeah that's the only thing he hasn't just thrown a choppy half sentence at. I listened for about 20 minutes and he suggested paying Alford $1M per year for 5 years. Then he hung up on a caller who asked about the Pierce situation, after acting like he had no idea what the caller was talking about. A caller he didn't hang up on? One who suggested Dakich should be the next coach. I had to bail at that point. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Some think by Friday, I personally think it will be a little longer

so that would mean its beilein or Matta? or am I missing someone

10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This is so bizarre. 

Four years ago on a March morning, I took my dog for our daily walk. She's very demanding, so she insists we go about the same time every day and doesn't want me messing on the cellie or what not -- so I leave all that stuff behind. It's just she and I and nature. An hour or so later, we get home and I have a flood of texts about the firing of CTC. 

A few days later, same thing -- me, the hound and nature. I get home to a flood of texts about the hiring of CAM. 

And today, wouldn't you know it -- same damn thing. I even waited a little longer than usual -- just to see if any news broke on this front -- and: nothing. Then the pooch and I leave and -- the hammer falls. And I come home to a flood of texts, etc. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=doggie+depends&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS841US841&oq=doggie+depends&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i390l4.2436j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hear Matta more than Beilein but I'm not so sure about either yet. 

It’s a long shot but any chance Brad is going to take the job but wants an associate head coach to run things until the NBA season is over. So Brad hires a guy he knows and trusts that knows the B1G in Matta to run things and be his associate head coach since he’s already living in Indy. I know unlikely but just a crazy idea that his me lol

Just now, Chris007 said:

We are going to make a hard run at Brad or we already have. But I know big money was given to go after him

That’s why I could see an announcement being made and someone running things in Bloomington. I just thought Matta would be a home run in that department. 

Just now, IU-DL said:

Who posted that the announcement is likely coming Friday? That seems very fast for Brad to leave Boston....

He wouldn’t leave until the NBA season is over. Plus they’ve been talking to him for a while I believe.