Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

1 minute ago, finky said:

My guess is they already have an agreement with the next Coach.  I don't think you make this move and figure it out as you go.  Too much money involved.  Plus, you get the new Coach in, talk to players and recruits and give them time to make the decision best for them.

If so, how long do they wait for the new coach presser?  Hopefully today.  I can't take the suspense.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

"While I will not establish a formal search committee, I will consult within the University and with trusted experts in the state and around the country as I seek out and recruit a new coach. The work to find the next leader of Indiana Basketball will begin immediately, and I will seek a chief executive that I can partner with to reestablish the brand and national presence of Indiana Basketball.”

No Fred Glass style search committee for this hire. Nice. 

To me this screams we either 1. Already have our guy, or 2. The list is very short. 

2 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

If so, how long do they wait for the new coach presser?  Hopefully today.  I can't take the suspense.

It could be a couple of weeks if our next coach is currently employed by a school participating in the NCAA tourney.   My thought is that the longer it goes without a replacement announced it's because of that fact.  I'm certain Dolson has his man and I won't believe that if an announcement isn't made shortly that it's because he's struggling to hire a replacement.

Yeah Kent sterling said they wouldn’t have a press conference for a change in employment status, just a press release. The Press conference would happen when a new coach is hired.

Not saying there will be a press conference but he is wrong. They had a press conference after it was announced crean was fired lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
That aged well....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks Archie for giving it a shot. Wish you and your family the best. Hope you are successful in your next gig.

It feels so good now to have hope again. Hopefully Dolson can bring in a guy that can restore IU basketball to where it belongs. We’ve all sure waited long enough for that time, hopefully it is finally near this time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, finky said:

Y'all know you are on the Celtics twitter page hitting refresh every 14 seconds :92:

haha lets not go crazy here. BOS is a 5 seed at the moment. Not the season they were expecting but BS isn't quitting mid-season.