Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

Just now, IUc2016 said:

FIRST off, this was absolutely the right decision. No doubt about it. 

However, I feel for Archie, the staff, and their families. yes they made a lot of money, but they have to be disappointed that this didn't work out. They brought absolutely zero off the court issues and recruited top character kids. Really wish it would have worked out. Good luck Archie at your next job, I really do hope it works out for you.

LAST: Dolson, get it right. I am tired of watching IU be in the news for losing and firing coaches. The Administration owes the fans a whole lot for sticking with this dreadful program for all its mishaps and embarrassments. So dammit, get it right. 

Extremely well put. It seems the entire organization during his tenure was filled with solid people - both coaches and players. Best of luck to them. 

I will indeed say that when we first got Archie I was pretty pumped and thought that all he needed was IU’s resources and he’d do well, but definitely turned out to be wrong. I wish him the best, but this job was too much for him and he couldn’t figure it out. He’ll be successful at a school with much less expectations than we desire here at IU.  Glad to see us being serious and getting rid of him though. 

Hey, I'm as pleased as you all are with the news, but keep in mind this is only half the equation.  And while we're in a state of euphoria for the moment, it could be shortlived if Dolson doesn't make the right hire.  
I am not very bright so it will take me a couple years to realize it was a bad hire anyway so I am happy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk