Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

3 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

Yet at the time Archie was considered  as the best candidate of the three...

Yeah, I don't feel the need to be revisionist on this.  I have no doubt that if Ohio State had hired first, Miller would have been chosen over Holtmann.  I mean, go to the Rupp Rafters board and see their opinion of the hire:  despite their hatred of IU, they felt it was a really good hire.

Even if you preferred one of the coaches over Miller at the time, most thought the difference in their projected success was very small.  The fact that it didn't work out that way doesn't change that perception.

If Archie is canned it won't happen before the tournament is over or almost over.  If he is staying, there will be some kind of announcement of support sooner. If Archie is allowed to stay, he will be given an ultimatum.

If Archie is canned it won't happen before the tournament is over or almost over.  If he is staying, there will be some kind of announcement of support sooner. If Archie is allowed to stay, he will be given an ultimatum.

We fired Crean on March 16 that year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

HinnyHoosier said: We fired Crean on March 16 that year. 

OK. So you're betting Archie is fired Tuesday (March 16). I think it will be in a couple of weeks, if at all.  We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I never said I bet anything.

But it was worth noting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Today, tomorrow, start of tourney or never. Anybody wanting to place bets?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Ok by never I mean not this year. I'll go with today before selection show. Zero confidence with that guess.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Sooo, you are saying there is hope that we make the NIT?  That makes me feel better about this season.

Don’t you need a winning record for the NIT?

2 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I think accepting an NIT invitation would be wrong. This team doesn't want to play. They just want to get out of the lime light and forget this season. 

5 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Normally, yes.  This is a special year.  Doesn't matter, we ain't going unless some teams decline the offer.

2 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I think accepting an NIT invitation would be wrong. This team doesn't want to play. They just want to get out of the lime light and forget this season. 

Nah, I want to see us get our arsz beat by Drake or Toledo.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Sooo, you are saying there is hope that we make the NIT?  That makes me feel better about this season.

giphy.gif

+1 For the A.D. reference (the background music to this homage really makes it great).