Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

And in business, if those with the authority to make the decisions about who to hire and they keep ******* it up, what happens?!  They're gone!  Wish that were the case.

Dolson hasn't ****ed anything up, YET!  Have faith young grasshopper!

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

1. Lol. I wholeheartedly expect them to screw it up. 

They tried to f*** up football when they replaced Wilson with the first guy to walk in, Tom Allen. Coach Allen shocked them and has the f-ball program on the best track since Mallory. I'm not expecting Archie to be replaced by Mike Roberts but outside of Stevens or a guy with a great track record, any hire whether its a mid-major guy or a younger Power 5 coach like Oats is still a crapshoot.

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

And in business, if those with the authority to make the decisions about who to hire and they keep ******* it up, what happens?!  They're gone!  Wish that were the case.

Fred Glass said the last decision was 100% his.  He's gone.  So now it should be 100% Dolson.  

I'm confused by what you mean.

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

They tried to f*** up football when they replaced Wilson with the first guy to walk in, Tom Allen. Coach Allen shocked them and has the f-ball program on the best track since Mallory. I'm not expecting Archie to be replaced by Mike Roberts but outside of Stevens or a guy with a great track record, any hire whether its a mid-major guy or a younger Power 5 coach like Oats is still a crapshoot.

They really got lucky with Allen. He’s amazing and I’m really glad they went with him, but man that was a big risk. 

The crapshoot is why I’m such a big pusher of Thad Matta. I’d rather take a risk on a guy like him being healthy than take a risk on a mid-major guy being able to coach. If Matta is healthy, we know what he can do. I don’t trust them to be able to find the right up-and-comer. Archie checked all the boxes and he was still a massive flop. 

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They really got lucky with Allen. He’s amazing and I’m really glad they went with him, but man that was a big risk. 

The crapshoot is why I’m such a big pusher of Thad Matta. I’d rather take a risk on a guy like him being healthy than take a risk on a mid-major guy being able to coach. If Matta is healthy, we know what he can do. I don’t trust them to be able to find the right up-and-comer. Archie checked all the boxes and he was still a massive flop. 

Yep, get the best coach available. No reason to try to out-smart the room and find the next hotness, just hire someone you already know is a good coach. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Big risk, but big reward.  I don't think they got lucky.  Allen took his opportuinty and made the most out of it.  Just hope he sticks around for a long time (assuming he keeps it up).  Most coaches crap the bed.  

(Sigh...)
I've posted this before, but maybe if I post it in all caps, enough IU fans who get on the Internet might notice it:

THE BUYOUT IS NOT $10 MILLION UP FRONT. 

I hope more eyeballs start seeing this. Our athletic department probably wants our fans to think the buyout is too much money so we'll resign ourselves to our fate and they won't have to do anything. Everyone please learn how this stuff works. 

Brother I’m completely aware of that. It won’t matter if the 10 mil is on a k-mart layaway for a year, 10 is still 10 and 3 is still 3.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

First off, thanks for posting, my question is do you know if these 5 students are all friends(in the same click)?  Was it just 5 random kids that you don't normally seeing hanging together?  Curious minds need to know.  

Not that I know. Aside from having the same major, they seem pretty different to me! It’s interesting to get the student perspective. So many I have heard from talk about football this year instead of basketball.

Edited by Pudman