Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

54 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

An interesting read. Doesn't really reach a conclusion -- other than Dolson has a lot to consider when pondering Archie's future -- but there's plenty to digest. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-the-archie-miller-question-and-all-that-could-go-into-answering-it/?fbclid=IwAR13dyN-xX9MoJi6aJvoeq4GMNFWw8gvKv06VkLDOrliEiwXsdm-00q9j2w

This is a balanced article.

My concern is that there are enough “what if’s” in the article, in regards  to improving next season, that provide cover to board members that do not want to pay Archie’s huge buyout. 
I could see them saying “let’s see how Archie can do with these young guys, Brunk coming back etc etc next season and then make a move, that will cost a lot less, if things don’t turn around. 

I hope that does not happen, as I don’t have faith in Archie turning it around and can visualize a ton of empty balcony seats next year, but if he is retained I hope he shocks us and gets things rolling.

All Dolson needs to do is have a press conference.  He just needs to stand in front of those cameras and say something like:

"This sucks doesn’t it?!?!  Look, I want to fire the bum but I can't because we don't have the money.  Donate to www.firethebum.com and we can make it happen together"

I guarantee he'd have so many contributions that Archie would be gone the next day.

*disclaimer- I made that website address up right now, no idea what it links to.  Click at your own risk *

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

All Dolson needs to do is have a press conference.  He just needs to stand in front of those cameras and say something like:

"This sucks doesn’t it?!?!  Look, I want to fire the bum but I can't because we don't have the money.  Donate to www.firethebum.com and we can make it happen together"

I guarantee he'd have so many contributions that Archie would be gone the next day.

*disclaimer- I made that website address up right now, no idea what it links to.  Click at your own risk *

Or in another scenario Dolson could also say:

"This sucks, doesn't it?  But Archie is our coach and I fully support him to right the ship". 

That hasn't happened and Archie's seat is way hot.  That's pretty telling to me.  Why let Archie wallow in the "fire him" pit if you're bringing him back next season?  Where's that vote of confidence?

7 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Or in another scenario Dolson could also say:

"This sucks, doesn't it?  But Archie is our coach and I fully support him to right the ship". 

That hasn't happened and Archie's seat is way hot.  That's pretty telling to me.  Why let Archie wallow in the "fire him" pit if you're bringing him back next season?  Where's that vote of confidence?

Not an excellent strategy for future recruiting, eh?

36 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

This is a balanced article.

My concern is that there are enough “what if’s” in the article, in regards  to improving next season, that provide cover to board members that do not want to pay Archie’s huge buyout. 
I could see them saying “let’s see how Archie can do with these young guys, Brunk coming back etc etc next season and then make a move, that will cost a lot less, if things don’t turn around. 

I hope that does not happen, as I don’t have faith in Archie turning it around and can visualize a ton of empty balcony seats next year, but if he is retained I hope he shocks us and gets things rolling.

Plus the more if's there are, the less likely it becomes. 

Not an excellent strategy for future recruiting, eh?
Exactly. Either our administration is doing another excellent job at screwing everything up or archie is gone imo. He could at the very least say he hasn't thought of Archie's job and he waits till after the season to evaluate the entire product as a whole. He hasn't said anything i think he is gone

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Exactly. Either our administration is doing another excellent job at screwing everything up or archie is gone imo. He could at the very least say he hasn't thought of Archie's job and he waits till after the season to evaluate the entire product as a whole. He hasn't said anything i think he is gone

There’s a third option.

A complete endorsement of Archie with a contract extension, but with no adjustment to the buyout, leaving us the ability to separate at any time down the road but putting a brave face on the current situation.

Similar to what Michigan is doing with Harbaugh.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

There’s a third option.

A complete endorsement of Archie with a contract extension, but with no adjustment to the buyout, leaving us the ability to separate at any time down the road but putting a brave face on the current situation.

Oh no, the words Archie and contract extension make me shutter.

Go ahead and tell me my anger is misdirected, I don't care. But hearing Purdue fans talking smack about "the big game" tomorrow, I find myself absolutely despising Archie Miller. Has he given his best effort here? Probably. Is he a bad person? Probably not. But we never struggled against Purdue like this until this bozo came along. Can't wait until he's out of here and we actually get to experience a victory against those idiots again. These last 5 years have been an embarrassment. 

Go ahead and tell me my anger is misdirected, I don't care. But hearing Purdue fans talking smack about "the big game" tomorrow, I find myself absolutely despising Archie Miller. Has he given his best effort here? Probably. Is he a bad person? Probably not. But we never struggled against Purdue like this until this bozo came along. Can't wait until he's out of here and we actually get to experience a victory against those idiots again. These last 5 years have been an embarrassment. 
Yep. Hardest thing about being a iu fan last 20 years is explaining every day why we suck and other fans talking crap. I think some are starting to just feel sorry for me though now. I know after the game tomorrow I will get asked what happened to iu

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

There’s a third option.

If IU truly can't afford to buy out his contract this might be the only move that makes sense that doesn't kill recruiting.

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

One good thing about living in New York is not dealing with annoying Purdue fans. The Ls are easier to stomach when you don’t have to deal with them.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

One good thing about living in New York is not dealing with annoying Purdue fans. The Ls are easier to stomach when you don’t have to deal with them.

God, that must be amazing. I swear these morons have their all-time record against IU written on the back of their hands, and they can always tell you without hesitation how many days it's been since IU last beat them. They are seriously the worst. 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

God, that must be amazing. I swear these morons have their all-time record against IU written on the back of their hands, and they can always tell you without hesitation how many days it's been since IU last beat them. They are seriously the worst. 

The absolute worst. I grew up in Purdue country during a not great period for IU basketball and they were so obnoxious. I think that’s what made me hate Purdue so much, lol.

42 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

If IU truly can't afford to buy out his contract this might be the only move that makes sense that doesn't kill recruiting.

But in a sense hasn't it already been killed?  To me, a nominal extension doesn't really do much for recruiting.  The man is being talked about nationally as on the hot seat and opposing coaches will be using that in a big way.   Even if we're crystal ball picks for 1 or 2, I don't think they end up in Bloomington if Archie's terminated a year from now.   I'm not including C. J. Gunn in that group as I think he wants to play for IU and will honor his verbal unless we hire a real loser as our next coach.  

NOTE:  By my records, we have 16 offers on the table to the class of '22 excluding Gunn

27 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The absolute worst. I grew up in Purdue country during a not great period for IU basketball and they were so obnoxious. I think that’s what made me hate Purdue so much, lol.

Sadly we all better get ready for the run they are gonna be on for the next few years. They lose nothing this year, have Kaufman and Furst coming in, and will be favorites to win the BIG next year and are probably Top 5 ranked pre-season! Makes our misery with IU worse!

27 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Sadly we all better get ready for the run they are gonna be on for the next few years. They lose nothing this year, have Kaufman and Furst coming in, and will be favorites to win the BIG next year and are probably Top 5 ranked pre-season! Makes our misery with IU worse!

Or with our new coach we upset them next year costing them a Big Ten title.

Pumping is fun!!

3 minutes ago, Pudman said:

Been following this forum for years, but it’s my first post (my profile says that I just joined, but I had to change my profile name, because I had initially signed up using my IU username and would like to stay anonymous)!

Anyways, I am a faculty member at IU and was talking with my 5 of my students today about IU basketball. I asked them what their thoughts were about Archie, and they all groaned and said that they want him gone. Not a representative sample by any means of the student pulse, but those students are certainly ready to move on and start enjoying IU basketball again!

Welcome abroad. We don't bring dumb kids to IU, do we? They know a bad product when they see it.