Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

12 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

That still wouldn’t do it for me...just saying

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Me too.  I've been apathetic about the losses for a while now.  I hate losing, but I knew that it might finally sway the masses.  Now that it finally has, I can cheer for our team again.  Let's win this whole damn thing and start fresh next year

4 hours ago, Demo said:

Was just thinking about 1 of those butterfly effect sorts of things: Miller not having the space available to have the option take McKinley Wright 4 years ago, a loss no one cared about at all at the time, is about to cost him his job. And it absolutely is. Wright’s a terrific college PG. tough kid, leader, takes and makes big shots. He would have been such an upgrade over Phinisee over the last 3 years that I’m completely confident that, while he may well still be viewed as a disappointment at this point, the program would have had enough additional success that Miller wouldn’t be going anywhere. That’s how fine the line is.

Just something I was thinking about.

Yes but that was nearly four years ago. Archie has had 11 man rosters, that could have been filled with shooters and PG’s rather than having two empty spots. Howard brought in 2 senior transfer guards this year, and a stud freshman center that is their leading scorer, and now has one of the top teams in the country. He did something THIS YEAR while we think of “woe is me” scenarios from several years ago.

5 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Yes but that was nearly four years ago. Archie has had 11 man rosters, that could have been filled with shooters and PG’s rather than having two empty spots. Howard brought in 2 senior transfer guards this year, and a stud freshman center that is their leading scorer, and now has one of the top teams in the country. He did something THIS YEAR while we think of “woe is me” scenarios from several years ago.

Was Howard brought in to turn things around?  LOL

19 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Wait a minute.....maybe it's a bit too early here. I know it's a hypothetical and one that won't even have a chance of happening, but I'm I reading that there are people who would still want to fire him if the impossible happened and we went and won it all this year? 

Give him an extension if he makes the final four with this team honestly. Two-Three year extension, nothing crazy. 

32 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Wait a minute.....maybe it's a bit too early here. I know it's a hypothetical and one that won't even have a chance of happening, but I'm I reading that there are people who would still want to fire him if the impossible happened and we went and won it all this year? 

Correct.  Winning 6 games in a row shouldn't erase 4 years of constant misery

Thought they were referring to B1G tournament

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Correct.  Winning 6 games in a row shouldn't erase 4 years of constant misery

Holy cow. We’ve finally identified the actual scenario that would end the program. Firing our coach after winning a national championship and hanging that 6th banner that we so desperately have been craving for over 2 decades. There wouldn’t even be a rec league coach take that job. I’ve never coached a single game of any sport and I wouldn’t take the job after that. You couldn’t get someone who had to google what basketball is to take the job. Not a single player would ever come here again. There would be no program to be had. I don’t even know if that’s a sentence I’m so stunned at this thought. At least we’d go out on a high note I guess. 

56 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Yes. Still fire him. 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Lol. Ask UConn how that worked for them with a crappy coach. 

A championship in 2021 for Indiana Men's Basketball would be great. A two-three year contract would be appropriate and I'm sure the buy-out won't be effected too much to hurt Indiana. 

18 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Holy cow. We’ve finally identified the actual scenario that would end the program. Firing our coach after winning a national championship and hanging that 6th banner that we so desperately have been craving for over 2 decades. There wouldn’t even be a rec league coach take that job. I’ve never coached a single game of any sport and I wouldn’t take the job after that. You couldn’t get someone who had to google what basketball is to take the job. Not a single player would ever come here again. There would be no program to be had. I don’t even know if that’s a sentence I’m so stunned at this thought. At least we’d go out on a high note I guess. 

Money talks brother.  It's the ONLY reason I work.  I believe this to be true with 98% of the population.  If a coach sees he can make more money here and win titles, he'd be intrigued imo

25 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

First off, as posted moments ago, this appeared to be the scenario of winning the conference tournament.

Second, winning the NCAA would almost certainly gain CAM an extension as it would amount to a miracle - one that has an infinitesimally small chance of happening.

Beyond such a miraculous run the key phrase is "body of work" - which has been unsatifactory and is grounds for dismissal, IMO.

I don't think we will make the tournament nor win the Big tournament so its all mute points. If he does make the tournament we better have a very successful run and if not he should probably be let go. I have hoped he was the guy and truly thought he would get this turned around. I like his demeanor and approach but maybe from rumors we are hearing about players calling the shots maybe its just smoke. Isnt as tough as he seems?  Just my opinion. 

9 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Believe me, I ain’t defending him. That the former college PG couldn’t fix his facilitator role should absolutely sink him. Just pointing out that a seemingly low ceiling recruitment that wasn’t given a bunch of thought could have saved the guy for a minute.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Was Howard brought in to turn things around?  LOL

No, Howard wasn’t brought in to turn things around but 4 of his top 6 scorers have only been in the program 1 or 2 years (3 of them have only been in the program this year and one of them is in his second year).

IU had a higher percentage of scoring returning this year than Michigan. I think it’s pretty impressive that Howard has successfully reloaded so quickly. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

A championship in 2021 for Indiana Men's Basketball would be great. A two-three year contract would be appropriate and I'm sure the buy-out won't be effected too much to hurt Indiana. 

Kevin Ollie won a title in his 2nd year even he was clearly an awful coach. And UConn felt every bit of it as he continued to make UConn absolute crap. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Money talks brother.  It's the ONLY reason I work.  I believe this to be true with 98% of the population.  If a coach sees he can make more money here and win titles, he'd be intrigued imo

Sure it does. The only thing I'll dispute there is that is probably more like 99.9%, not 98%. But we're talking about people already making more money than they need. But what would be convincing about making more money and winning titles if we ran of a coach that won a title? They would look at this place as....okay, the previous coach had to start from ground zero, ended up winning two B1G titles and went to 3 sweet 16s and that wasn't good enough, then the guy that replaced him went: no postseason, NIT quarters, NCAA tourney, national title and they fired him. I'm already making $4M (or more?) in a job where I am successful (we aren't going after an unsuccessful coach)....what the hell would I have to do to keep that job if I took it? No chance anyone even sniffs it unless we're forking over money that we don't have and no school would ever pay.