Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

You just can't bring him back next year and expect anyone outside of the few of us here and family to care. Have to make a move now. He's young and will land some type of coaching job even if not HC next season. That should mitigate some of the financial burden. Allowing him another year is a double bird to all of the people who have supported this program over the years and some of those years not being easy to do that. Seriously he comes back and I'll take it as a spit in my face and smack my mother type thing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Lets have a little sympathy for the situation at hand. 

10+ staff members are about to be fired and forced to move. AC’s, GA’s, other support staff members. Families are effected and with COVID and the college job market pretty bare, it’s not ideal for a lot of people in this situation. 

It’s the business and they know what they sign up for. I hope these folks have some plans in the background forming..

10+ staff members are about to be fired and forced to move. AC’s, GA’s, other support staff members. Families are effected and with COVID and the college job market pretty bare, it’s not ideal for a lot of people in this situation. 

It’s the business and they know what they sign up for. I hope these folks have some plans in the background forming..

Kenya Hunter, bless his heart. Tough call joining a sinking ship.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't want any of them to lose jobs. I want us to go on a deep tourney run. I'm sorry for them but when you chain yourself to a ship and that ship sinks guess what?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Part of the job. They know the risk coming in. 

Archie is getting paid what--$3 million a year. He is getting paid to put together a basketball team that can not only compete in the conference but also for a national title. He is not fulfilling his contractual obligation. The team he coached this year is terrible and these are his players--except Al Durham who plays harder than any of the others.  I have compassion for Archie and his coaching staff. It is a sad situation but life goes on. IU deserves a coach worthy of its great basketball tradition.

The New Mexico job opened today as the university and head coach Paul Weir negotiated a buyout of Weir's contract.  He's in year 4 of a 6-year contract.  No $$ announced but it can be done.  From Archie's perspective, his career won-loss record isn't going to improve by staying another year at IU.

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Combine the 2020 and 2021 recruiting class and tell me you see guys capable of competing for top finishes in the conference? Things arent getting better.

Maybe in a couple of years. I think some transfers are needed to get through next season. But I do think the freshmen have potential and so does the C coming in next year.