Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

FWIW, Tom Coverdale was an Indiana Mr. Basketball who came to IU and played 41 total minutes as a freshman.  And that was a team that Luke Jiminez was playing 14 minutes per game.

I don't recall his parents or Coverdale complaining.  He obviously worked and got better because he was getting 34 minutes per game the next year.  

I mean say what you will about Damezi Anderson, but I'll always have a soft spot for him because during and after his freshman year he never complained and flat out said that he knew he had to get better and by all accounts he was putting in the time to improve.....it just didn't happen.  And I think he put enough time to know that it simply wasn't going to happen for him at IU.....in his case, I have no problem with him transferring.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

FWIW, Tom Coverdale was an Indiana Mr. Basketball who came to IU and played 41 total minutes as a freshman.  And that was a team that Luke Jiminez was playing 14 minutes per game.

I don't recall his parents or Coverdale complaining.  He obviously worked and got better because he was getting 34 minutes per game the next year.  

I mean say what you will about Damezi Anderson, but I'll always have a soft spot for him because during and after his freshman year he never complained and flat out said that he knew he had to get better and by all accounts he was putting in the time to improve.....it just didn't happen.  And I think he put enough time to know that it simply wasn't going to happen for him at IU.....in his case, I have no problem with him transferring.

If I remember correctly Tom got a public intox citation that freshman year so not much his parents could say other than Thank you Coach Knight for keeping him on the team. 

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Every time I think about the Syracuse game it reminds me of the story Calbert told about the preparation for the game. Classic Crean

Damn.  I thought you where talking about the 87 game against Syracuse.  :)  

19 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Oh and by the way, he'll be in the Tournament with Loyola while his former teammates are packing their bags. 

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

DA was the most patriotic guy on the team . He was the only Hooisers who took the national anthem serious the times I saw them live . 

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He's played a grand total of three minutes in 2021. Good teammate, not gonna help on the court much.

Absolutely true.  But he's the type of player that it does make me upset when fans give crap towards.  He was doing everything in his power to get better, didn't complain or blame others for his shortcomings.  Would we have been better off if we would have had his spot filled with someone else?  Absolutely.  But he didn't rank or recruit himself. 

And hey....he is shooting 100% at Loyala this year.  :)

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He's played a grand total of three minutes in 2021. Good teammate, not gonna help on the court much.

I don't know if he lost all confidence or clammed up in games or whatever, but he'd be wide open for a 3 -- I'm talking nobody within 5 feet of him -- and damn near break the backboard. He wouldn't even come close to even hitting the rim. 

I was hoping to not have to ever see that again from anybody wearing an IU uni -- but Kristian and Rob have dashed those hopes several times this season. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

If I remember correctly Tom got a public intox citation that freshman year so not much his parents could say other than Thank you Coach Knight for keeping him on the team. 

He may well have....but that sure hasn't stopped a lot of other parents from talking.  And he certainly wasn't the only player in Knight's tenure that had a public intox and stayed on the team.

Trayce Jackson-Davis tries to put into words why IU struggled to respond as Rutgers surged Wednesday, before saying: "I don't even know how to answer it honestly. Just know that it won't happen again. That's basically all you need to know." #iubb

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Trayce Jackson-Davis tries to put into words why IU struggled to respond as Rutgers surged Wednesday, before saying: "I don't even know how to answer it honestly. Just know that it won't happen again. That's basically all you need to know." #iubb

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We need 3 or 4 TJDs and we wouldn’t be in this position. But sorry TJD, it will happen again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We need 3 or 4 TJDs and we wouldn’t be in this position. But sorry TJD, it will happen again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

TJD is part of the problem.  We need guys that will play hard all the time and lead on the court and not pound their own chests.  

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

He was a Mr Basketball who was sent to prep school for a year before being allowed to join the team. I guarantee you he could have found a power 5 school to take him without making that sacrifice 

26 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Jesus Shuttleworth said: "TJD is part of the problem."

If only we had a few more "part of the problem" players like TJD who average 20 points and 10 rebounds a game.

TJD has always been an odd scapegoat. Is he perfect? I guess not.  He struggles at times.  Body language is so so at times. But man he brings it and is effective.  And he’s good. I guarantee if we had 2 or 3 other like-effective players we’d be a top 3 B1G team. 

We don’t have a single other player that I’d qualify as good, especially consistently good. Not 1.  And we have a bunch that are never good. Not even for 1 game.  

TJD and the Air Ballin’ Hoosiers coming to you at Noon tomorrow Eastern Standard Time. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

TJD has always been an odd scapegoat. Is he perfect? I guess not.  He struggles at times.  Body language is so so at times. But man he brings it and is effective.  And he’s good. I guarantee if we had 2 or 3 other like-effective players we’d be a top 3 B1G team. 

We don’t have a single other player that I’d qualify as good, especially consistently good. Not 1.  And we have a bunch that are never good. Not even for 1 game.  

TJD and the Air Ballin’ Hoosiers coming to you at Noon tomorrow Eastern Standard Time. 

TJD really just needs to be more efficient. For college purposes. You shouldn't be shooting 53% from the field and you take almost zero shots outside 5 feet.