Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I was around then, saw every home game at 9 years old. Parents of players wouldn't say something like that because if it got back to Knight the player and the parent would have been in big trouble. The player wouldn't have played for a couple of games or would have had his scholarship pulled at the end of the season. As parents, you can't say those things because you are not at practice every day. You don't know how well your kid is playing, practicing compared to everyone else. The coach is going to play who he thinks gives him the best chance to win, his job is on the line too. 

The difference is Knight knew what he was doing.  Maybe Leal's mom is right.  :)  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

The difference is Knight knew what he was doing.  Maybe Leal's mom is right.  :)  

She's not. He has several weaknesses in his game right now plus he doesn't do the one job he has which is shoot. He's lucky the roster is bad so he can get some PT right now

4 minutes ago, VO5 said:

when did Leal’s mom take to social media? Must have missed that as she’s always positive 

During the Rutgers game, she was tweeting PLAY HIM MORE several times, then deleted it after the game

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

I mean...she ain't wrong.

If he didn’t blow what he did make. 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retiring, and he didn’t last long in the league. He probably didn’t really have the professional career his mother was expecting him to have. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

She's not. He has several weaknesses in his game right now plus he doesn't do the one job he has which is shoot. He's lucky the roster is bad so he can get some PT right now

Yeah we can see that from the 1-2 min clips he plays.  Give him some time to make mistakes and get into the flow of the game.  Especially when Rutgers is kicking your arse.  We ain't going anywhere.   Did I not see Geranimo hit back to back 3s at the end?  Who knew.  

52 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Leal or Phinisee right now... I'll take Leal... Franklin goes down... I'll take Leal... Durham in his wonderful do nothing games... I'll take Leal. We wouldn't be losing anything. We are already going to lose the game anyways. 

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Leal or Phinisee right now... I'll take Leal... Franklin goes down... I'll take Leal... Durham in his wonderful do nothing games... I'll take Leal. We wouldn't be losing anything. We are already going to lose the game anyways. 

Geronimo before Galloway for me.  Since Trey hurt his back, he hasn't had any value or impact. 

2 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

Haha. I know, I know. Laugh everybody. Take a deep breath 

It’s not that crazy, 3 S16’s and two outright big ten titles looks a hell of a lot better than the garbage Archie has produced. People don’t seem to realize he’s about to set a record that hasn’t happened in almost 100 years, with 4 straight conference records not above .500. 

Heck I thought it was bad when I was a student and we had four different coaches but this is even worse. 

Edited by Indiana8585

40 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Phinese hasn’t hit a jump shot since we beat Iowa at home. 

It’s not that crazy, 3 S16’s and two outright big ten titles looks a hell of a lot better than the garbage Archie has produced. People don’t seem to realize he’s about to set a record that hasn’t happened in almost 100 years, with 4 straight conference records not above .500. 

Heck I thought it was bad when I was a student and we had four different coaches but this is even worse. 
Not saying it wasn't time for Crean to go, but we did find out the old adage "the grass is always greener on the other side " isn't always correct. I would take the ups and downs of the Crean Era before this mess every day.

No, I don't want either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not saying it wasn't time for Crean to go, but we did find out the old adage "the grass is always greener on the other side " isn't always correct. I would take the ups and downs of the Crean Era before this mess every day.

No, I don't want either.

Agree and agree

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

No, I don't want either.

Oh I agree I thought it was time, but you are definitely correct that we are all seeing the grass isn’t always greener. I’m at the point it’s just hard to even stay interested anymore but I’m not sure who we could realistically even get to come here. Bad times for IU basketball but hopefully hopefully the curse over this program for the past 20 years will fade at some point.  

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Somewhere on the campus of the University of Georgia, CTC is shuffling through his 2-3 Zone sets. 

JUST IN CASE! 

Loved the classic switch to a zone in game and then the team would have no clue what to do. Haha that made me spit my drink all over  

I always just think of him pacing that sideline pulling his pants up. 

12 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Somewhere on the campus of the University of Georgia, CTC is shuffling through his 2-3 Zone sets. 

JUST IN CASE! 

Every time I think about the Syracuse game it reminds me of the story Calbert told about the preparation for the game. Classic Crean

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Every time I think about the Syracuse game it reminds me of the story Calbert told about the preparation for the game. Classic Crean

I heard there were 42 different plays put in the week up to Syracuse. 

God bless his heart.