Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IUBB at Rutger 8:00 on BTN

Not a fan of Bardo but he punked Rob once again last night. He said something like, “I just want to go down and give Phinisee a hug”. He’s done it when calling other IU games too. He definitely isn’t saying that to be compassionate. I take it as him calling out Rob as a complete chump. I hate people punking our players but....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe you’ve misunderstood Bardo. He typically picks one player a game and “wants to give them a hug.” He wants to see them do well and when they’ve been struggling he wants to console them.

35 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe you’ve misunderstood Bardo. He typically picks one player a game and “wants to give them a hug.” He wants to see them do well and when they’ve been struggling he wants to console them.

Yep.   That’s his go to  move.   Use to be saying that’s a bitter beer face dunk but he hasn’t said that one in a while 

15 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

That smart shot is the first picture on my Iphone, ever.  Took it off the TV when I caught a replay of the game.  

Had the opportunity to meet Daryl Thomas when he was coaching at a kids tourney.  Showed it to him.   He loved it.  I'm sick, I know.  Where is that 12 step program?   :)  

If you find a cure, let me know. I have the same sickness.

I admit I really only have watched his coverage of IU games. I guess context is everything.

Any of you guys see the Tony Andranga video of Jerome Hunter late in the game?

1. Jaws at teammates in an on-court huddle
  2. Taken out of the game while Archie points at him and lectures him
  3. Walks to the locker room with Cliff Marshall
  4. Parker Stewart trots to the locker room after him
  5. Walks back to the court with Stewart
  6. Huddles with Race and Al -- they pull him in tight so that he doesn't move out and act out again

57 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Any of you guys see the Tony Andranga video of Jerome Hunter late in the game?

1. Jaws at teammates in an on-court huddle
  2. Taken out of the game while Archie points at him and lectures him
  3. Walks to the locker room with Cliff Marshall
  4. Parker Stewart trots to the locker room after him
  5. Walks back to the court with Stewart
  6. Huddles with Race and Al -- they pull him in tight so that he doesn't move out and act out again

Typical basketball except this time it's seen in the public eye.

Every coach has this moment during practice. For whatever reason, Hunter wanted to act out then. Given his recent suspension, he's clearly upset or not making the right choices. Rather see this from him than TJD or Race so that's good. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Typical basketball except this time it's seen in the public eye.

Every coach has this moment during practice. For whatever reason, Hunter wanted to act out then. Given his recent suspension, he's clearly upset or not making the right choices. Rather see this from him than TJD or Race so that's good. 

Or maybe someone is actually embarrassed they are getting pants by fkg Rutgers.  

Kid busted is butt to get back on the court after his major injury.  I'll give him some slack, even if he chucks up a air ball from time to time.  :)  

49 minutes ago, LockdownD said:

I have no problem with Jerome’s expression of frustration at the end of the Rutgers game. Frankly, I wish he had showed his displeasure during the first half when we let a double digit lead slip away. 

FWIW, I didn't re-watch the game, but I had the distinct impression in the first half that Jerome was playing with far more focus and intensity than many others. 

At the risk of asking for trouble, I was waiting for an IU player to shove a celebrating Rutgers player or pick a fight with a half asleep IU teammate. 

Instead of being supportive, I would've expected them to be red-hot pissed and lashed out because of it.

As in...where the hell is the Will Sheehey or Yogi Ferrell or Michael Lewis or Tom Coverdale or Quinn Buckner, or hell, where is the Scary Larry Richardson even?!?

I mean geez, we had Michael Lewis, Scary Larry, George Leach,  Coverdale, and Fife ON ONE TEAM! Along with some guys that could run and jump and shoot. Other teams were probably pissing their pants at the sight of that cranky-@$$ elbow in your ear crew. 

Rant over.

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

FWIW, I didn't re-watch the game, but I had the distinct impression in the first half that Jerome was playing with far more focus and intensity than many others. 

At the risk of asking for trouble, I was waiting for an IU player to shove a celebrating Rutgers player or pick a fight with a half asleep IU teammate. 

Instead of being supportive, I would've expected them to be red-hot pissed and lashed out because of it.

As in...where the hell is the Will Sheehey or Yogi Ferrell or Michael Lewis or Tom Coverdale or Quinn Buckner, or hell, where is the Scary Larry Richardson even?!?

I mean geez, we had Michael Lewis, Scary Larry, George Leach,  Coverdale, and Fife ON ONE TEAM! Along with some guys that could run and jump and shoot. Other teams were probably pissing their pants at the sight of that cranky-@$$ elbow in your ear crew. 

Rant over.

This is a recipe to beat IU teams in recent years.  Rutger has physically and mentally beat us up for years.  Our response has been to mostly just curl up in the fetal position and take it.  That is also part of the "leadership" issue IU has had for years.  When will anyone on the team step-up and say enough is enough we're not getting punked like this again.  We don't have that guy.  We have nice student athletes that try sometimes but couldn't really care less about holding each other accountable.  When you're in organizations that do and don't it's night and day what they can and will do. 

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Rant over.

Zero leadership on this roster

Zero issues with Hunter’s behavior. You’re supposed to be pissed off when you’re getting punked by your opponent like we were in the second half. I think the only reason it seems “weird” as the Twitter guy described it is because we’ve grown accustomed to not seeing that kind of anger from our team.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I mean geez, we had Michael Lewis, Scary Larry, George Leach,  Coverdale, and Fife ON ONE TEAM! Along with some guys that could run and jump and shoot.

And I've commented before, I don't see that mentality in the '22 kids I've been able to watch play this winter.  

Zero issues with Hunter’s behavior. You’re supposed to be pissed off when you’re getting punked by your opponent like we were in the second half. I think the only reason it seems “weird” as the Twitter guy described it is because we’ve grown accustomed to not seeing that kind of anger from our team.

Losing magnifies everything. Player/coach disagreements intensify. To me, it’s just another example of players vs coach versus team unity with coach.

When you lose you want to blame someone. Coach, yourself, teammates. We have a lot of self blame, I think a lot of silent coach blame, and a little teammate blame, but very little.

We have a multitude of problems.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Was that what set Hunter off? If so did he use that on the court to try and stop someone? I missed most of that exchange and what precipitated it

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app