Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IUBB at Rutger 8:00 on BTN

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If Archie Miller is back next year, it's only because our administration doesn't want to pay his buyout. 

or a bunch of puxxies who just don't care about sports anymore.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

That’s the $10 million question.

one has to think that boosters would be happy to step in if that's the hanging point. that's if we still have boosters lol

7 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

or a bunch of puxxies who just don't care about sports anymore.

one has to think that boosters would be happy to step in if that's the hanging point. that's if we still have boosters lol

I'm not convinced that if it comes down to a full buyout that we will have booster $ to come in and pony up the cash.  If IU were looking to fire Miller AND make a splash in the coaching market, you are not just talking about paying Miller off but also looking to pay big for a new coach.

The more likelier option that I would envision is Miller and the University reaching a reduced buyout option.  Miller really has two options.....go into next year as a lame duck and knowing that the buyout after next year drops significantly....or look for a smaller buyout and go back to his roots where he found success and look at coaching at a mid major.  There are two things that really aren't deniable:  his tenure at IU has been a failure and his tenure at Dayton was very successful.  Might want to see if he can catch fire a second time at a mid major school, Daytonish type of place.....and my guess is it was a place where he was happier.

If they can’t buy him out this year, I would seriously advise our underclass, including TJD, to immediately transfer elsewhere. I just don’t want those guys playing in this system anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I'm not convinced that if it comes down to a full buyout that we will have booster $ to come in and pony up the cash.  If IU were looking to fire Miller AND make a splash in the coaching market, you are not just talking about paying Miller off but also looking to pay big for a new coach.

The more likelier option that I would envision is Miller and the University reaching a reduced buyout option.  Miller really has two options.....go into next year as a lame duck and knowing that the buyout after next year drops significantly....or look for a smaller buyout and go back to his roots where he found success and look at coaching at a mid major.  There are two things that really aren't deniable:  his tenure at IU has been a failure and his tenure at Dayton was very successful.  Might want to see if he can catch fire a second time at a mid major school, Daytonish type of place.....and my guess is it was a place where he was happier.

The Boosters got IU in this mess in firing Crean without a plan. They can get us out if it or watch this program implode into disrepair, at a time when Purdue, Ohio St, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, etc are ALL on the come up. It will be unrecoverable 

Just now, cappymo14 said:

If they can’t buy him out this year, I would seriously advise our underclass, including TJD, to immediately transfer elsewhere. I just don’t want those guys playing in this system anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They look like they’re having so much fun though.