Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hper50

Twitter Rumor

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Good thing Sam bailed out from Twitter because probably get more heat if nothing has happened to anybody

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He’ll be back. This is his MO...threaten to stop posting so his “followers” will beg for him to come back. 

4 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

You can plan around having 13 scholarships and using them all VS going into the season using only 11. That alone is roster mismanagement 

IMO, he wasn't trying to just fill 11....he was trying to fill 13.  I think it was more about lack of recruiting skill than roster mismanagement.  

As someone pointed out, he did say when he was hired about leaving a couple of spots open....but that is a practice that he had avoided while he was here and I'm certain that given how tenuous his position was here, he would have filled the spots if he could.  I think our freshman would be playing more under a coach who felt his long term security was safer than Miller's is.  

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

So......is the bottom line that Sam Story was using a 'face injury' that didn't really limit Race much as a reason for a 'prayers up' clickbait followed by a 'I'm taking my ball and going home' from twitter?

Yup. I used to post over on the HSN site and never understood how he aquired his status as an untouchable insider. He’s an assistant lacrosse coach in the suburbs of chicago who used to write for the Indiana Daily Student at IU over a decade ago, not some influential force of Indiana basketball. People will often incorrectly refer to him as a Indy area high school basketball coach, to which he conveniently never corrects anyone.  

As for his “taking my ball and going home” status, this has been his go to for years. It’s his way of shirking responsibility and getting his “followers” to run off or ban anyone who calls him out. He’ll be back for more as soon as he thinks he has “intel” HSN wants.