Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hper50

Twitter Rumor

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

The new scouting report on us, sans Race Thompson ... 

"They got no head toppers -- a bunch of mites, run ya off the boards. You got to squeeze 'em back in the paint, make 'em chuck it from the cheap seats."

We need you sober...

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Should we be worried that we haven't officially heard anything about Race? Was there a fight? Maybe someone sucker punched him? Leaves too much to speculation to not come out and say something. 

My guess is nothing has been released to protect Race's privacy. ... It's sorta up to reporters who cover the team to flesh it out and so far, it appears nobody has. That Tom Brew dude posted a couple hours ago that the IU media relations department had no comment. Well, of course they had no comment. If you're a reporter, you need to have better sources than just going to the SID. 

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Should we be worried that we haven't officially heard anything about Race? Was there a fight? Maybe someone sucker punched him? Leaves too much to speculation to not come out and say something. 

Not discussing injuries seems to be common place in college bball. Don't think hipaa laws are the reason and more likely a strategy to prevent opponents from preparing one way or the other. Don't necessarily have a strong opinion on it, but just an observation.

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

My guess is nothing has been released to protect Race's privacy. ... It's sorta up to reporters who cover the team to flesh it out and so far, it appears nobody has. That Tom Brew dude posted a couple hours ago that the IU media relations department had no comment. Well, of course they had no comment. If you're a reporter, you need to have better sources than just going to the SID. 

Sports media is just awful. Period. And super duper soft. The Charmin bears would wipe with them. So surprise we can't ever get much outside of the same ol boring news we always get. 

58 minutes ago, bigrod said:

We need you sober...

Hopefully we don't need me sober, because that's not happening. I promised the wife I would take a walk after work, then I'm sitting at my bar in the basement the rest of the night watching CBB. If I tweet after 10 pm please know I've been drinking. ALOT 

3 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Looks like some got what they wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lmaooo. I don't know what Sam Story expects. He acts the way that he does because he loves the attention. Playing dumb when he gets called out on it isn't a good look.

For someone who's "not on message boards," he sure found out what people were saying about him on them real quick. 

He'll be back tweeting within the week. People like him can't stop. 

24 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Tweeting to tell everyone you're giving up on the Tweeting is more than a little ironic.

Actually, it's Tweeting to say that:

• His wife is right
  • He can't win, and
  • There are still four different non-Twitter ways to reach him for his thoughts.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Tweeting to tell everyone you're giving up on the Tweeting is more than a little ironic.

Actually, it's Tweeting to say that:

• His wife is right
  • He can't win, and
  • Anyone who wants to can reach him four different ways for his thoughts.

He could have at least left the site name for an uptick in membership here. He's got plenty of replies telling him how wonderful he is and to ignore the hate and dumpers. Lots of pumpers populating his fanbase I can see. I don't know Sam Story nor have I spoke bad about him, maybe he'll buy me a drink, though I suspect that was a hollow offer

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lmaooo. I don't know what Sam Story expects. He acts the way that he does because he loves the attention. Playing dumb when he gets called out on it isn't a good look.

For someone who's "not on message boards," he sure found out what people were saying about him on them real quick. 

And did a screen shot of Hovadipo's post.  Most interesting...

Just now, kreigh8 said:

He could have at least left the site name for an uptick in membership here. He's got plenty of replies telling him how wonderful he is and to ignore the hate and dumpers. Lots of pumpers populating his fanbase I can see. I don't know Sam Story nor have I spoke bad about him, maybe he'll buy me a drink, though I suspect that was a hollow offer

The chance for redemption is on the table at least!

36 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

It would actually mean something if this wasn’t his annual shot in the open ended dark to poor me just dm if you need me.  I guess we have found consistency in Hoosier country.  All we need now is Justin Albers to piss off the masses and we are right as rain.

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah man, he does this every year and it’s always been on sites I was a part of.  He isn’t always Sam Story on here or 247 but he sees it. Regularly.  I learned a long time ago people with actual info don’t create a second account cause they “rage quit” like he has on over 10 times that I know of.  Used to be a thing on Scout and then he followed us to HSN and then 247.  He is here too but mostly stayed where Ken (milehiu) was.  Damn Janitors everywhere in the world.

How can this guy not separate the fact that whatever kind of info people come to him for...whether it's right, wrong, sourced or not, his tweet didn't serve anything close to that purpose. It served no other purpose than to whip people into a frenzy. If he wants to be somebody that people seek out information from, that was simply a dumb move.......unless you simply just crave the attention. It was dripping with the notion that he ran to twitter to put that out there so people would be salivating for him to give more info. The fact that instead of having some humility and owning that he shouldn't have done that, he seeks out and screenshots comments from various message boards (that he doesn't post on remember!!) and attaches them to a plea for people to tell him "oh please don't go!!" just proves the attention craving. Get over yourself, pal. You can "send prayers" privately w/o feeling the need to tweet that with no context when you knew exactly what it would do.