Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ Wisconsin - 2/24/21 @ 7:00 ET on BTN+

This is what the Illinois game should of been. We did exactly what we were supposed to and got Holmes back on track which was the most important thing. We have now tied last years team with most conference wins ever.

Really tough game Saturday but not the end of world if we lose it. Also, OSU will not play in Big Ten Tourney due to postseason ban which means we are all but certain to be a top 3 seed and either win conference or avoid Maryland till Big Ten Tourney final. 

We move to (15-4) (13-2) with a 77-49 win over Wisconsin and dominated just as expected.

Reb:  Holmes 9; C-H 8; Berger 8; Gulbe 7                                Holmes finished with 5 blocks.

Shooting:       IU  46% FG / 35% on 3s / 73% FT                     Wisky  35% FG / 20% on 3s / 70% FT

Rebounds:  IU - 50     Wisky - 22

Big game Saturday at Ohio State.  3:00 tipoff and broadcast on basic BTN

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We move to (15-4) (13-2) with a 77-49 win over Wisconsin and dominated just as expected.

Reb:  Holmes 9; C-H 8; Berger 8; Gulbe 7                                Holmes finished with 5 blocks.

Shooting:       IU  46% FG / 35% on 3s / 73% FT                     Wisky  35% FG / 20% on 3s / 70% FT

Rebounds:  IU - 50     Wisky - 22

Big game Saturday at Ohio State.  3:00 tipoff and broadcast on basic BTN

Do yourself a favor...don't switch over to men's basketball 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Do yourself a favor...don't switch over to men's basketball 

No problem.  I stopped watching the men play in January.  I've followed Twitter and know we blew a huge lead --  surprise, surprise.  I'll try not to get too far ahead of you in Prediction League.  I don't care about the rest of those losers.   :103:

Michigan got absolutely massacred by Iowa tonight in a game that was delayed five hours by a false positive test with Covid. This means we clinch 2nd place going just 2-1 down the stretch. Maryland however also blew out Purdue so very unlikely we catch them which we already knew.

Looking like a 2nd place finish now most likely in Big Ten and just playing for a higher seed in NCAA tourney. A win over OSU may move us to a 3 and if we win out and get to Big Ten Tourney final against Maryland maybe a 2. Would love to be a 2 or 3 and avoid one seed till Elite 8. I think we lock up at least a 4 seed by beating Iowa, Purdue and one game in Big Ten tourney. 

In terrific shape overall thanks to our play and other losses around us. 

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

So we could finish 16-2, but 15-1 Maryland would be the league champion? Lame. 

Maryland would be 16-1. They will only play one less game than us and beat us earllier. If they finish 16-1 and us 16-2 they are legit champs.

By same token if they somehow lose to NW and finish 15-2 and us 16-2 I believe we would be co-champs with them awarded one seed based on head to head win but not positive.