Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

What Does IU Need to Do to Get in the NCAAs?

I'm not big on participation trophies which is how I'd view getting into the tourney because another team had to withdraw.   With the way this season is going, getting into the NCAA this year just isn't that important to me.  That's how soured I am on our program.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm not big on participation trophies which is how I'd view getting into the tourney because another team had to withdraw.   With the way this season is going, getting into the NCAA this year just isn't that important to me.  That's how soured I am on our program.

I recall back in the early 80's when I slept, drank, and ate IU basketball how I laughed at fans of schools who got excited about making the tourney.  You're in it to win it, at least it was that way for us.

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Imagine....if the way we got into the tournament is by originally being left out, a team having to pause b/c of a positive test within 48 hours, and we happen to be geographically convenient team to take their place (who I suppose would be considered part of the "strongest" teams left out). It's almost not even funny. 

On 2/25/2021 at 3:51 PM, HinnyHoosier said:
Good Lord. Lunardi really is off his rocker. He still has IU in the tournament after last night  

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Having IU and Duke on the bubble gets more clicks than St. Bonaventure and Drake.

P.S. Morrie was never on his rocker cuz he's always stunk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

Ok we 12-12. Ive been told 13 wins would get us in. Still the case?

Who friggin' cares!!!! I'm so down on the MBB. Nothing against you... Just feel like it's all just a participation trophy now. a pity **** for us.

18 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Ok we 12-12. Ive been told 13 wins would get us in. Still the case?

Only if 13 wins keeps you above .500 would they have a chance    13-13 going into the conference tournament and losing first round game and they are not going to get in 

Winning the next  2 and being 14-12 and then losing first round game and being 14-13 and they will be in the first 4 games or first 4 out depending on how the committee is going to view only being 1 game over .500

if I was IU I would at least try to be 2 games over .500 before selection Sunday. And that doesn’t even guarantee anything just my opinion on what they need to do  

They dug themselves this hole now can they do anything about it.      Who knows I’ve seen teams get hot late and make a run and I’ve seen teams pack it in and call it a day.   

14 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Who friggin' cares!!!! I'm so down on the MBB. Nothing against you... Just feel like it's all just a participation trophy now. a pity **** for us.

I just want this pathetic season to end.  I have no interest in any  post-season tournament to watch us get beaten by a podunk school from a podunk conference.

Indeed. If I’d known IU Basketball was going to be this bad for this long, I wouldn’t have missed a game when they were playing winning basketball years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So now we obviously need to beat msu and purdue and probably win one in the big ten tournament. Maybe 2. I pose the question if we beat msu but lose to purdue how many tournament wins do we need to make it? Also if we lose both games is winning the btt out only avenue? Or would championship game be enough?

46 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

So now we obviously need to beat msu and purdue and probably win one in the big ten tournament. Maybe 2. I pose the question if we beat msu but lose to purdue how many tournament wins do we need to make it? Also if we lose both games is winning the btt out only avenue? Or would championship game be enough?

Tough to answer.  No one really knows what it’s going to take this year.   Since this year is so different then the norm.  Usually teams that are 4 games under .500 should be very worried about making the tournament.   With unbalanced non conference schedules will the committee look at more teams that are only 2 game over .500?    This is the question most bracketoligist want to know.  I personally have been using 2 games over .500 as my measuring stick but come selection Sunday I can be way wrong or on selection Sunday they reward a team 13-13 with a top 4 SOS.   Interesting year.   

if I’m IU I try to get my win total to 2 games over .500 and with their SOS I would feel confident that they would get in.   

Tough to answer.  No one really knows what it’s going to take this year.   Since this year is so different then the norm.  Usually teams that are 4 games under .500 should be very worried about making the tournament.   With unbalanced non conference schedules will the committee look at more teams that are only 2 game over .500?    This is the question most bracketoligist want to know.  I personally have been using 2 games over .500 as my measuring stick but come selection Sunday I can be way wrong or on selection Sunday they reward a team 13-13 with a top 4 SOS.   Interesting year.   

if I’m IU I try to get my win total to 2 games over .500 and with their SOS I would feel confident that they would get in.   
Thanks! I think easiest route would be winning tomorrow and 2 in btt. Not that impossible.