Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

What Does IU Need to Do to Get in the NCAAs?

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

This is 100% fact. Dolson knows this too. It's why he is slowly asking people who they want. IU is not going to pay the buyout to just go hire Dane Fife or someone like that

Right, It would depend on who becomes available.  IF an A-list candidate became available, it's time to make a move.  

I see alot of people on social media and on here acting like we have no shot at getting in but I think we should easily get in. Win at rutgers and at msu and one big ten win should get us in. Also no excuse to lose to purdue again imo. At this point if we don't make it then a move should definitely be made

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s going to down in the funniest/worst way. IU will lose both games this week, beat MSU, inevitably lose to PU, then split two conference tournament games to finish 14-14 (8-11).

After they flame out on the second day of the conference tournament, the coach will say they deserve to make the NCAAs and they played a hard schedule. They won’t even make the NIT.

It’s going to down in the funniest/worst way. IU will lose both games this week, beat MSU, inevitably lose to PU, then split two conference tournament games to finish 14-14 (8-11).

After they flame out on the second day of the conference tournament, the coach will say they deserve to make the NCAAs and they played a hard schedule. They won’t even make the NIT.

Funniest way possible is lose at rutgers beat Michigan. Then lose at msu but win at purdue. Lose first game big ten tournament.

19 hours ago, lillurk said:

The NIT is actually going to be interesting this year — 16 teams, all games in New York.  I would assume their rule about teams winning their regular season conference title but not making the NCAA would be void this year....IMO, it’s a pretty bad rule as it produces some really weak teams at the bottom of the NIT pool.

19 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I see alot of people on social media and on here acting like we have no shot at getting in but I think we should easily get in. Win at rutgers and at msu and one big ten win should get us in. Also no excuse to lose to purdue again imo. At this point if we don't make it then a move should definitely be made

I think the problem is that what you have us doing to easily get in isn’t easy for us.

19 hours ago, lillurk said:

Actually it might be funnier to get one of Rutgers/UM, beat MSU, and drop the PU and tourney opener

On 2/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, Josh said:

I think the talk about Money is funny.  IU is sitting on $2.4 Billion in Endowment.  I know a portion is restricted, but taking $10-$15Million or so out would be a good long term Investment.  Keeping Miller around probably wont be great for donations is my guess.    I think the General Endowment doesn't specifically allow Athletics but a few years ago there were "quasi" type of accounts within the endowment where money was donated specifically for Athletics

8 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

If this team is gonna break the streak of not winning more than 2 in a row or not losing more than 2 in a row it will most definitely be losing.

Guys they're done.  They looked like a Rec team out there being pants by Rutgers.  

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Guys they're done.  They looked like a Rec team out there being pants by Rutgers.  

My comment may have been confusing now that I read it back. I meant to say we will definitely lose 3 in a row before this team ever wins 3 in a row. And I agree with you. They looked like they were just toast last night. A shame b/c we threw a hell of a first punch, but as soon as we got punched back, we seemed content to just roll over. Michigan may end up demoralizing us to a point we can't recover from.