Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Michigan St Game Thread - 12:00PM ET on ESPN

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I don't know why, but Priller has never struck me as being very intelligent. Maybe it's his supporting of Archie Miller, maybe it's using cliches like "haters gonna hate" on Twitter, or maybe it's both. 

One thing I will say.....we won almost every game Priller played in, LOL.

19 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I don't know why, but Priller has never struck me as being very intelligent. Maybe it's his supporting of Archie Miller, maybe it's using cliches like "haters gonna hate" on Twitter, or maybe it's both. 

Me neither, at least if his tweets are any indicator. Earlier in the season he made absolutely terrible arguments defending Archie. He accused IU fans of only wanting Archie fired because he hasn’t won a national championship here, and then he said some crap like “IU should’ve fired Bob Knight too then since he didn’t win a national championship in his first four seasons.” Nevermind the fact that he won the conference three of his first four season and then went undefeated in year 5.

I heard what DD said during the game and didn't think it was that big of deal. Posters on here have said worse things about TJD. He also was really complimentary about him and his growth as a player. People are way too easily offended these days. I'm not a big DD fan because I think he goes too far a lot of the time. However I, most of the time, really enjoy his insights when he analyzes a game. He was spot on with the things he said during the MSU game. The herd mentality is kinda sad sometimes. People are complicated and rarely ever all good or all bad.

31 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I have no idea how intelligent Priller is.  I do think that if intelligence is a matter of strange support of certain players/coaches or using cliches on twitter, then Dakich would certainly fit that bill as well.

My guess is Priller is probably just corny as **** while Dakich is supporting certain individuals because of a character flaw that won't let him back down from a statement once he's made it.  Probably isn't lack of intelligence on either end.

9 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I heard what DD said during the game and didn't think it was that big of deal. Posters on here have said worse things about TJD. He also was really complimentary about him and his growth as a player. People are way too easily offended these days. I'm not a big DD fan because I think he goes too far a lot of the time. However I, most of the time, really enjoy his insights when he analyzes a game. He was spot on with the things he said during the MSU game. The herd mentality is kinda sad sometimes. People are complicated and rarely ever all good or all bad.

May be, but was what TJD's brother really something that Dakich should be making such a big deal out of?  His brother is a high school kid, and teaching high school kids I can tell you they over react sometimes (and that's not a new thing.....been teaching 30+ years and that has remained the same).  The only difference now is that kids have the ability to let their feelings be known and available to everyone immediately.  

Truth is that the "controversy" is pretty much a dead issue with a single post that a 17 year old kid made if a 60 year old man wasn't dragging it out.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And, he fouled the living crap out of Caleb Swanigan:

That's why I said "usually", LOL.  I remember that game and remember that Purdue didn't even bother putting any one on him on defense.   It wasn't even that they had his guy back off....they basically used five guys to defend four and leave Priller open.  5 minutes, 2 of 2 from the field, 2 of 2 from the line......4 fouls.  We had no clue what to do with Swanigan which is why Priller was in.  Thomas Bryant fouled out in 17 minutes of play, De'ron Davis fouled out in 9 minutes.  Freddie McSwain had 4 fouls in 13 minutes.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

May be, but was what TJD's brother really something that Dakich should be making such a big deal out of?  His brother is a high school kid, and teaching high school kids I can tell you they over react sometimes (and that's not a new thing.....been teaching 30+ years and that has remained the same).  The only difference now is that kids have the ability to let their feelings be known and available to everyone immediately.  

Truth is that the "controversy" is pretty much a dead issue with a single post that a 17 year old kid made if a 60 year old man wasn't dragging it out.

As a former teacher, I completely understand what you are saying. I don't hold kids to the same standard that I do adults. With kids, there are a lot of teaching moments. The side of DD that I don't like is the side that needs to win every exchange. A bigger person would walk away or be very careful with the response. He probably won't. But like I said, I see the good and the bad with DD. I know that I am a work in progress as well, albeit a really old one.

22 minutes ago, cthomas said:

People are way too easily offended these days. 

I'm not sure they are more offended now than they were before, they just more ways that are readily accessible to vent those feelings.  I.e., parents have thought that 'the coach is screwing my kid over and he should be playing more' for a long time.....they just didn't have the ability to basically reach everyone at once for the whole world to see.  I think it's also why so many tweets are made and then deleted.....but the internet is quick enough to know anyway.

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

As a former teacher, I completely understand what you are saying. I don't hold kids to the same standard that I do adults. With kids, there are a lot of teaching moments. The side of DD that I don't like is the side that needs to win every exchange. A bigger person would walk away or be very careful with the response. He probably won't. But like I said, I see the good and the bad with DD. I know that I am a work in progress as well, albeit a really old one.

Yep.  When a teacher stops learning, they stop teaching.

And that he looks like he just got out of the mystery machine with his best friend the talking dog

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

It’s not the first time he went after TJD this season. It’s in no way new.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think this is key. I have heard DD twice on his show talk about how when TJD plays it is all about him. “He never a high fives a teammate or thanks you for the assist”. I don’t even listen that often and I have heard it from him a couple times. 

Since TJDs family lives in this radio market word is going to get back to the family and heck by then it will be worse than what he said but since he has done it a few times I would be a little upset about it. I have not thought that about him while he played but remember thinking I needed to watch for that next time. It was such a recent comment that I have not watched since I last heard it. 

I think DD gives out some good info but he is hard to listen to often and I cannot follow him on Twitter. Classic case of I have to get the last word. 

8 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think this is key. I have heard DD twice on his show talk about how when TJD plays it is all about him. “He never a high fives a teammate or thanks you for the assist”. I don’t even listen that often and I have heard it from him a couple times. 

Since TJDs family lives in this radio market word is going to get back to the family and heck by then it will be worse than what he said but since he has done it a few times I would be a little upset about it. I have not thought that about him while he played but remember thinking I needed to watch for that next time. It was such a recent comment that I have not watched since I last heard it. 

I think DD gives out some good info but he is hard to listen to often and I cannot follow him on Twitter. Classic case of I have to get the last word. 

True!

In today's weekly update, Archie confirmed that neither Brunk nor Stewart will play this season.

Archie Miller says Joey Brunk is "just now starting to get a little more active." Brunk is done for the season.

Stewart "is still dealing with a lot of different stuff" regarding acclimation. Practicing but neither guy available

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Stewart "is still dealing with a lot of different stuff" regarding acclimation. Practicing but neither guy available

Sounds like code for "I don't like how he plays defense" regardless if he can help us score.  

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Sounds like code for "I don't like how he plays defense" regardless if he can help us score.  

He shouldn't like the way Hunter plays defense and yet he still plays. 

33 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

To me, it sounds more like "he's just not good enough." I thought he seemed like a reach to begin with. 

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

To me, it sounds more like "he's just not good enough." I thought he seemed like a reach to begin with. 

To me it sounds more like he is a mid year transfer that was always going to sit out this season.   Espn ranked transfers and he was in the top 5 of most impactful transfers for their new team