Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Michigan St Game Thread - 12:00PM ET on ESPN

Anyone know what Dakich said during the game? I’m far from a fan, but I didn’t notice anything outrageous. 

[/url]  

Dakich said TJD was all about him early in the year and wouldn’t point to other players for a good feed\pass. I’m assuming this tweet is referring to those comments

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He said that at the beginning of the season tjd was all about getting his and not being team oriented but now he was starting to be about the team and not just getting his

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think Dakich was trying to compliment TJD for his maturation but DD just has a way of being abrasive sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anyone know what Dakich said during the game? I’m far from a fan, but I didn’t notice anything outrageous. 

I actually like dakich but what I find outrageous that he has said in the last couple games was knight is the only one who cares about the undefeated streak and is getting his vodoo dolls out ignoring the fact that knight probably has zero clue what is even going on this season. The other outrageous thing is that he told knight while he was a assistant to get in the refs ear to change the game lol. We all know knight would have smacked him in the head if he said any such thing to him. He was the general he isn't listening to one of his former players he let pretend to be a assistant

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Hunter is a complete liability on the defensive end.  He played enough and was in down the stretch when we were looking for offense.  He would have played more if he was on a heater but this game he wasn’t.  I fault CAM for many things but not for putting value and giving minutes for ‘D’ and effort.  We lost this game not because we couldn’t score.  We lost this game because we gave up a 50 piece in the 2nd half and let them shoot a high % all over the court.

We see it differently. You don’t think we lost because we couldn’t score, but only 4 players on the team even got a field goal. I mean seriously that’s terrible. Al 0-4, Rob 0-6, Lander, Leal and Galloway all O’fers, and we lost by 7. Hunter just came off a banner game. In this game he was 2-5 and 1-3 for 5. In this game that made him the third leading scorer in 17 minutes. We did lose because of lack of scoring.

I get his D is not great (disagree with your take his D has definitely improved) but the idea he shouldn’t be on the floor when the guards can’t score at all? We need scoring to win, we need shooting to spread the floor.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don't know how Dakich could consider TJD as someone who was ever 'just looking to get his'.  Sorry, but I don't see him forcing up shots nor going out and trying to shoot perimeter shots to show the NBA he can 'shoot'.  If he's selfish, we need more selfish players.

11 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is literal bullsh*t. Love to hate on Dak, but all he did was compliment TJD the entire game. This is either directed to someone else or Tayven can cross IU off his list because we don’t need anyone who’s accuracy is this off

How much does it hurt losing out on Aaron Henry because we signed Damezi Anderson first...

Everything about that 2018 class has hurt and really set Archie back. He inherited one recruiting class, which he couldn't do much about, and he has 3 of his own. The 2020 class looks like it will be very good. The 2019 class looks elite with TJD a top B10 player and Armaan looking like he could become one. But the 2018 class, which was one of the top classes in the country at the time, is a complete loss. Bad classes happen (just look at UK and Duke this year), but it couldn't be worse timing for Archie that it happened his first year.

Langford was fine, but everybody knew he wouldn't be contributing to long term success. So of the other four, Forrester and Anderson are gone, Hunter has terrible injury luck that has sapped what could have been, and Phinisee has never developed, and his problems are mostly related to confidence, not basketball knowledge or skill. What was supposed to be the foundational class to start the turnaround is a big zero. Some of that falls on Archie, but some of it is just bad luck with that class basically having the worst of all possible outcomes.

The 2018 class is a stain on how we look at everything. We say that Archie doesn't develop players, but I think pretty much everybody has gotten better, except for the 2018 class. We expect that by year 4 he should have a better team, but his first class contributed nothing to the rebuild and set them back.

You can't win without good guards, and Archie got zero between 2017 (where he had little choice) and 2018. Not getting to take McKinley Wright like he wanted to in 2017 was a killer too. However, It looks like he's gotten 4 solid to potentially very good guards between 2019 and 2020, so that's reason for optimism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:
Anyone know what Dakich said during the game? 

Dakich said TJD never acknowledges a good pass or play by his teammates. Dakich also complimented TJD's play throughout the game and said he carried the team on his back.

9 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

How many airbags has Lander shot?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m thinking he’s into the teens now. To put it honestly, he has more air balls on 3’s than all the Indiana games I have watched in my lifetime. I really like his game but damn, he needs reps.

Thisis literal bullsh*t. Love ot hate Dak, all he did was compliment TJD the entire game. This is either directed to someone else or Tayven can cross IU off his list because we don’t need anyone who’s accuracy is this off
There was a point in the first half where Dakich said(paraphrasing) that a lot of the season TJD was about TJD

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, schoosier said:

I’m thinking he’s into the teens now. To put it honestly, he has more air balls on 3’s than all the Indiana games I have watched in my lifetime. I really like his game but damn, he needs reps.

He needs to stop shooting with his off hand. That’s what he’s doing right?