Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Michigan St Game Thread - 12:00PM ET on ESPN

Random complaint: really wish we'd find players who could become great college players, but aren't guys who will draw the attention of the NBA vultures. Really getting tired of hearing about players and their "stock." 
I am sure all great teams deal with that but on that note we deal with it but our team is opposite of great. Disappointing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Random complaint: really wish we'd find players who could become great college players, but aren't guys who will draw the attention of the NBA vultures. Really getting tired of hearing about players and their "stock." 

We’re just not old enough

56 minutes ago, Treesh said:

The G League isn't year round. The coaching isn't year round. The players have jobs, play overseas, train on their own. From my perspective of attending IU and knowing what the G-League life is like, the IU experience and basketball experience seems way more valuable. 

While I'm the leader of the Archie train I'm completely aware Archie is soon to be gone. TJD coming back will help IU but more importantly it will help him. Regardless what you think of Archie, TJD would be forgotten in the G-League. He's better off playing in the best conference in American than playing two months in Iowa. 

He's flawed, he's putting up great numbers sure, but he's not an NBA player. 

Not yet. 

TJD is old for a sophomore. Two years in college was the plan for him coming into IU. He turns 21 on Monday. Does whatever advantage he gains next year offset being 22 for the NBA draft? I doubt it. He’s going to end up in the G League whether he leaves this year or next. Might as well do it now before you’re considered an old prospect. Chances are that if he returns for another season he’ll have the exact same weaknesses a year from now that he has right now.

2 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I don’t understand why Hunter was back to 17 min, and just after a 16 point game. 5 points in 17 today. Durham goes 0-4 and plays 36.
I’m not a Durham hater, but why is CAM so wed to heavy minutes for the starting group in games when they can’t score? Race had a strong game and that may be the answer to my question slotting Hunter as a forward but he’s a capable scoring wing in a game when we needed perimeter scoring. Leal 2 min. Frustrating.

Hunter is SOFT on D.  If he is not on one of his hot streaks you can’t play him.  I like Leal as much as anyone but if you watched the 2 minutes he played you would get it.  Lander is going to be good but nowhere near ready.  I’m not defending Archie but I don’t know what other option he has but to play Rob.  Rob was recruited and was expected to be something he hasn’t become for whatever reason.  It should be called out that Northwestern and MSU are more than bad.  Both are down right awful teams.   Losing to both of them on our own court is a joke.  Tournament team?  SMH.  Whatever.  

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

I have said many times for many years that Archie Miller is the worst coach in the Big Ten.  I'm starting to think Richard Pitino is worse which puts Archie at 13th.  Prove me wrong.

Richie has lost 0 home games.  I choose him hands down.  Tired of getting beat by awful teams on our home floor.  If fans were in the stands man this would be so much worse.

7 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Richie has lost 0 home games.  I choose him hands down.  Tired of getting beat by awful teams on our home floor.  If fans were in the stands man this would be so much worse.

I can't argue that.  Man I tried to be a pumper and it didn't even work.  Maybe Archie Miller truly is the worst coach in the Big Ten 

46 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

TJD is old for a sophomore. Two years in college was the plan for him coming into IU. He turns 21 on Monday. Does whatever advantage he gains next year offset being 22 for the NBA draft? I doubt it. He’s going to end up in the G League whether he leaves this year or next. Might as well do it now before you’re considered an old prospect. Chances are that if he returns for another season he’ll have the exact same weaknesses a year from now that he has right now.

This is the last year at IU for TJD, not even a question.   it is a business decision.  You don't pass up a few million dollars to return to play College Basketball.  Where he ends up who knows, but he will get drafted and he will get a few million for being drafted.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

So I was right?  I'm so confused

Minny has lost 6 of 8 and haven’t won a game away from the Barn this year.  They just got blasted by 31 at home.  With that being said it’s open to each persons interpretation as to who is the worst coach in the league would be. 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Minny has lost 6 of 8 and haven’t won a game away from the Barn this year.  They just got blasted by 31 at home.  With that being said it’s open to each persons interpretation as to who is the worst coach in the league would be. 

But it's definitely between those two, right?

1 minute ago, Josh said:

But it's definitely between those two, right?

For you maybe but not others.   Some might include Hoiberg since he went a calendar year in between conference wins and some might give him a pass for it only being year 2 but others won’t give any passes.   Some might include Collins who has had 3 straight losing seasons.    Some might think Turgeon is with as little he has done with the talent he has had 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There aren’t middle schoolers who average 19/10 in the toughest conference in America. There are plenty of “700 foot tall” players in the country who can’t do that either. He has his flaws but he’s one of the best players in the best conference in college basketball. His flaws wouldn’t be nearly as apparent if we didn’t have to rely on him for almost everything.

I agree on some of this, but what he does very well in CBB, he will likely not be able to do in the NBA. 

Also, I've seen a ton of mock's not even mention him in the 1st two rounds. The last mock I saw with him included was mid 2nd round. 

IMO, if he worked on a few areas, he could push himself solidly into the 1st, which would mean substantially more $$. 

And look at Garza... potential POY, and a ton of press... He's a senior and will likely go in the 2nd just because he's not likely to translate due to limitations... TJD has a ton of unrealized potential, I think is the point. And the G probably is less helpful developmental wise, than another year in the B10.