Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Michigan St Game Thread - 12:00PM ET on ESPN

28 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I assume we will read, at some point, about our Kenpom improvement and I have an idea.

We should suggest to the administration that we hang a Kenpom banner next to the ‘87 Championship banner. Instead of the large NCAA the banner would have a huge KENPOM with each years data. We could bring back the ‘76 team for the banner raising. Would be awesome.

Don't give them ideas on how to lower expectations even further....

19 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I hope he knows German because that’s the only pro basketball he’s playing. 

There are certainly worse ways to spend your early 20s than playing basketball in Western Europe. There’s also the G League. Both of which probably sound better than another slog through the B1G. How does coming back next year improve his stock?

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There are certainly worse ways to spend your early 20s than playing basketball in Western Europe. There’s also the G League. Both of which probably sound better than another slog through the B1G. How does coming back next year improve his stock?

He's really not good enough for the GLeague. 

What an ugly game by Phin and Durham... That's about all I can manage to say right now lol
They don't seem to have a middle were they just play ok. They are either good, (rarely), or they are terrible and they seem to play this way in the same games.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I don’t understand why Hunter was back to 17 min, and just after a 16 point game. 5 points in 17 today. Durham goes 0-4 and plays 36.
I’m not a Durham hater, but why is CAM so wed to heavy minutes for the starting group in games when they can’t score? Race had a strong game and that may be the answer to my question slotting Hunter as a forward but he’s a capable scoring wing in a game when we needed perimeter scoring. Leal 2 min. Frustrating.

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

College life > GLeague. Trust me on that sir.. 

Coming back improves his stock because he’s not very skilled. He doesn’t have a right hand. He can’t shoot outside of 5 feet. He’s not a very good free throw shooter and his lack of energy at times is a major red flag. I question his motor. 

Now you can complain saying Archie won’t develop him. He has access to a 24 hour court, if you can’t get better with finishing with your right hand by yourself then you’ll never make it in the NBA. 

Coming back improves his stock because he’s not very skilled. He doesn’t have a right hand. He can’t shoot outside of 5 feet. He’s not a very good free throw shooter and his lack of energy at times is a major red flag. I question his motor. 

Now you can complain saying Archie won’t develop him. He has access to a 24 hour court, if you can’t get better with finishing with your right hand by yourself then you’ll never make it in the NBA. 
You play in the G-League?

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I agree with your sentiments 100%. 

I just don't agree he'll be back. Kids don't make the best decisions. I hope he's one of the rare kids that do, or at least has great support around him telling him to stick it out another year. Right now he's a great CBB player in his present situation, but his game won't translate right now to the NBA immediately like others. Another year in the Big10 is far better for him than the G or NBA bench.

23 minutes ago, maharkn said:

They don't seem to have a middle were they just play ok. They are either good, (rarely), or they are terrible and they seem to play this way in the same games.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I think Durham has a middle, but agree Phin is either on or off. So frustrating. I was high on Phin after the last game, but I'm back to frustrated. Not sure if this kicks us out of a tourney spot, but if it does, I'm ready for Lander to get more development minutes. 

WOW!  We had 4 players make a FG, 4!!  How does that even happen?!  4 ******* players put the ball in the bucket during the course of live ball play.  FOUR!!!  FOUR ******* players our of 9 that played!!  We had more airballs than players make a basket.

21 minutes ago, Treesh said:

He can have 24 hour access to a court in the G league too. And he doesn’t have to take classes to get it. None of those things you mentioned require coming back for his junior year. Archie Miller can’t coach offense. He’d be better off going to the G league and getting legitimate coaching. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He can have 24 hour access to a court in the G league too. And he doesn’t have to take classes to get it. None of those things you mentioned require coming back for his junior year. Archie Miller can’t coach offense. He’d be better off going to the G league and getting legitimate coaching. 

I don’t think you understand how the G League works but okay. This isn’t an Archie Miller coaching equation. Theres middle schoolers that have more skill than TJD. He just happens to be 700 feet tall. 

I admit I quit watching and took family sledding but listened to the end of game because I knew we were in trouble. I am irate to say the least and would get banned if said what I wanted to. Really just disappointed I guess.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I don’t think you understand how the G League works but okay. This isn’t an Archie Miller coaching equation. Theres middle schoolers that have more skill than TJD. He just happens to be 700 feet tall. 

There aren’t middle schoolers who average 19/10 in the toughest conference in America. There are plenty of “700 foot tall” players in the country who can’t do that either. He has his flaws but he’s one of the best players in the best conference in college basketball. His flaws wouldn’t be nearly as apparent if we didn’t have to rely on him for almost everything.

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I understand it just fine.  I also understand that you’re Archie’s #1 cheerleader and TJD coming back is the only way next year isn’t a complete disaster. That doesn’t make it best for his career. And even if you think coming back to college is better for him, he’d be better off transferring than coming back to IU. 

The G League isn't year round. The coaching isn't year round. The players have jobs, play overseas, train on their own. From my perspective of attending IU and knowing what the G-League life is like, the IU experience and basketball experience seems way more valuable. 

While I'm the leader of the Archie train I'm completely aware Archie is soon to be gone. TJD coming back will help IU but more importantly it will help him. Regardless what you think of Archie, TJD would be forgotten in the G-League. He's better off playing in the best conference in American than playing two months in Iowa. 

He's flawed, he's putting up great numbers sure, but he's not an NBA player. 

Not yet.