Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Michigan St Game Thread - 12:00PM ET on ESPN

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We jumped out to a 19-6 lead. We got outscored 72-52 after that. TJD scored 34 of our 71 points. Going to be a real ugly year next year without him.

He’s not getting drafted without showing he has a 20 ft+ jumper. Not much use for a skinny 6’8 center in the NBA...but that hasn’t stopped other IU kids from leaving early. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We jumped out to a 19-6 lead. We got outscored 72-52 after that. TJD scored 34 of our 71 points. Going to be a real ugly year next year without him.

That's what chaps my a$$. ... We've been bitching about how we can't get out of the starting gate. Today, we couldn't have asked for a better start. But after that, we crapped our pants. 

My disappointment is picking us to win in the prediction league. I told myself that Archie’s IU teams have nearly always laid an egg when there is a “win this and they are in” game but I picked us to win anyway. 

Same here. I’m just sick over it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

5 points 3 rebounds from the bench.. that's tough to win with.

4 points 5 rebounds from two starting guard although they did get 7 assists.

When MSU stopped turning it over and we started turning it over along with our inability to get defensive rebounds that allowed them plenty of second chance opportunities lost us that game.  We wilted when we had the chance to step on their neck.

I know Rob has his fans here and he had a solid stretch there in late December to mid January but he's a liability. His defense doesn't make up enough for the rest of the things he doesn't do. Hell, I'd wager Parker Stewart could be thrown out there and at least hit an outside shot. Just so disappointed after the Minny game where things were really clicking.  

I’ve been mostly checked out for the entire season but this game just confirms what I’ve been considering the whole time. I’m done supporting, or giving any energy to this joke of a program. I’m out. They’ve beaten me into submission. 

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

He’s not getting drafted without showing he has a 20 ft+ jumper. Not much use for a skinny 6’8 center in the NBA...but that hasn’t stopped other IU kids from leaving early. 

Not getting drafted isn’t as big of a deal as it used to be. It’s almost better to go undrafted than it is to go in the second round sometimes.

I agree with you that his NBA prospects aren’t great right now. But given how not even our guards seem capable of shooting, the chances of Archie teaching him how to shoot are slim. Might as well go pro and get paid to learn.

I'm not even sure what to say about that performance, but I can tell you I see a very alarming repeated trend. I also refuse to call out college age kids by name who undoubtedly read these threads. HOWEVA - Archie has saddled himself to one player in particular whose repeated dismal pefromance is killing this team. Slow play, no ability to create, meaningless passes, high turnovers, won't shoot even when wide open, and when he does, poor percentage. His very predictable performances, and Archie's nonsense strategy of playing him 35 minutes a game, are what is killing this team. We can't win them all, but that poisonous combination has lost us at least 5 games...maybe 6, this year. Take a look back at the box scores and you'll see what I'm talking about. It also makes IU VERY VERY boring to watch. Going to go beat the dog or scream at the kids now...bye.

8 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

Don’t know what Andy Katz was smoking when he said Hoosiers could go a couple games deep into the tournament!emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Him and Bill Walton may have been hanging out. Nearly fell out of my chair when he said that. That's a pro-level sunshine pumping

Consistently inconsistent or inconsistent consistently.  Take your choice because both describe this team and not just in the current season.  I haven't watched us play for several games.  I check in periodically on the stattracker and when it's over I'll read the last 5 pages of the game thread.  Tells me all I want to know.

5 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’ve been mostly checked out for the entire season but this game just confirms what I’ve been considering the whole time. I’m done supporting, or giving any energy to this joke of a program. I’m out. They’ve beaten me into submission. 

Same, this is where I'm at.  The administration doesn't care, players don't seem to care, so why should I invest 2 hours every couple of days into watching us struggle to maintain mediocrity?

No more.  I'm just done wasting my time on this university's basketball program this season.

Never even thought like this before but I'd almost rather lose out and force the admin to make a choice so I know where they're at. If I know where they are that should tell me where I should be. I actually felt good about things after Minny and that goes against my way of thinking. Should've known better.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk