Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

BBall Non-Coaching Program Improvements

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the Woodson thread or elsewhere, is this a sign that the Cool Dad unis are gone? Or did Scott have someone rummage through storage at the last moment and grabbed the only #42 jersey that they could find?
606219065b649.image.jpg.0036437cc5ac439ef7c788edf7799ffe.jpg
Good question. When they held that up that was the first that stood out to me.....the piping

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the Woodson thread or elsewhere, is this a sign that the Cool Dad unis are gone? Or did Scott have someone rummage through storage at the last moment and grabbed the only #42 jersey that they could find?

606219065b649.image.jpg.0036437cc5ac439ef7c788edf7799ffe.jpg

Miss the piping on the top uni’s

This isn't specific to Indiana, but I'd like to see college basketball allow players to wear jerseys with Nos. 6-9. I'm not sure, but I think the initial thought to this rule was to make it easier for a ref to call a foul. For instance, if TJD commits a foul, the ref would hold up two fingers and three fingers to signal a foul on No. 23. 

This is Rule 1, Section 22, Article 7, Clause b. 2 “The following numbers are legal: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 00, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55. Team rosters can include 0 or 00, but not both.”

To me, that seems like a tradition whose time has come and gone. Let a player wear whatever number he wants. I think I still might cap it at 55 -- I wouldn't be crazy about guys wearing no. 75 or 83 or whatever. But if a kid wants to wear No. 9 or No. 17 or No. 26, why not? 

If a foul is on No. 7, and everybody knows it, when the ref holds up three fingers and four fingers -- I think the chances of the foul being mistakenly assigned to No 34 are pretty much non-existent.  

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

This isn't specific to Indiana, but I'd like to see college basketball allow players to wear jerseys with Nos. 6-9. I'm not sure, but I think the initial thought to this rule was to make it easier for a ref to call a foul. For instance, if TJD commits a foul, the ref would hold up two fingers and three fingers to signal a foul on No. 23. 

This is Rule 1, Section 22, Article 7, Clause b. 2 “The following numbers are legal: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 00, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55. Team rosters can include 0 or 00, but not both.”

To me, that seems like a tradition whose time has come and gone. Let a player wear whatever number he wants. I think I still might cap it at 55 -- I wouldn't be crazy about guys wearing no. 75 or 83 or whatever. But if a kid wants to wear No. 9 or No. 17 or No. 26, why not? 

If a foul is on No. 7, and everybody knows it, when the ref holds up three fingers and four fingers -- I think the chances of the foul being mistakenly assigned to No 34 are pretty much non-existent.  

For some reason I never liked when players wore single digits numbers especially big guys.  I don't remember any IU players wearing single digits until Jay Edwards wore #3 and Lyndon Jones wearing #4

Good idea to cap it at 55. There would be fistfights at every school over who gets to wear 69.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Miss the piping on the top uni’s

Agreed. The current version looks so weird to me with piping on the shorts but not on the jersey. I'd prefer the piping on both, but at least make them match.

I think if you go new stadium route down the road, you keep the look and feel of AH but modernize it and improve it. Bigger seats, better views, more seats, but keep the unique look and feel so you aren't erasing the history. That won't be needed for a long time but I would bet they go that route if they found a new stadium was necessary. 

Jersey wise, would love a move to Nike or Jordan with a tasteful home and road alternate for occasional games. Adidas as a hoops outfitter is just not as cool. Most top programs are Jordan/Nike it seems.

Edited by e1999doubleglock
Mistype

8 hours ago, e1999doubleglock said:

I think if you go new stadium route down the road, you keep the look and feel of AH but modernize it and improve it. Bigger seats, better views, more seats, but keep the unique look and feel so you aren't erasing the history. That won't be needed for a long time but I would bet they go that route if they found a new stadium was necessary. 

Jersey wise, would love a move to Nike or Jordan with a tasteful home and road alternate for occasional games. Adidas as a hoops outfitter is just not as cool. Most top programs are Jordan/Nike it seems.

IU has 3 more years with Adidas at nearly $7 million/year. That change isn't happening soon and unless IU becomes great at basketball again, I don't think they're getting that money from Nike/Jordan Brand with all the other schools in their portfolio.

I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me because I think they coincided with Archie's arrival.

Ya he wrote an entire manifesto on what the uniforms at IU should look like. He said that no sport at the school should have names on the jerseys and they freaked out. His idea was the 5 stars on the back of the pants. It honestly doesn’t make sense because the tops don’t match the bottoms and the cut of the jerseys isn’t what the cool/good programs wear. I’d also like to point out that I tried to find a powder blue LEO quarter zip from adidas and can not find one. Which is sad, if this were a Nike school they’d be all over the LeO branding and pumping that nationally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 3/4/2021 at 6:18 PM, Magnanimous said:

crimson-cream_186_normal.jpg

Why aren’t these our school colors?

Amen. There needs to be a relaunch with actual cream and crimson, a new font, new uniforms, and an alternate logo that isn't just the interlocking IU. I think Oklahoma football is an excellent example of how to use cream and crimson for some uniforms without looking boring, although they still go red and white most of the time. I would go with Nike over Jordan because the Jordan logo is an eyesore.