Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

BBall Non-Coaching Program Improvements

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

No to the one on the right. 

Second from right isn't terrible but looks more like something the soccer team would wear.  The IU looks like something you'd find etched in stone at the Bloomington campus.

The middle two are BADASS!

The two on the left look pretty much like what they wear now with the lettering being a slightly different font and a larger IU on the shorts.

Definitely like the middle two.  I like the idea of a black alternate jersey but don't like the design on the one of the far right.  

I would kind of like to see some alternate to our candy stripe warm up pants -- something along the lines of our chrome silver and crimson helmets that the football team had.

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Since we were talking about jerseys, what do folks think about these? I think they’re pretty cool. 

Script logo is amazing and I’ve been wanting to see it for years. If they did script with the older rounded IU on the shorts I’d be a happy man. At the very minimum I wish they’d PLEASE just go back to the original piping on the neck and arms—these unis they have now suck.

Also, anything black would basically make us look like UofL. 

7 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

It does seem that IU is much more strict about admittance into the school of some players now.  I don't think we are likely to see many DeAndre Thomas and Jamurcus Ellis at IU any more.

Ok.  Not really a compliance issue though.  That’s been Northwestern’s problem for years.  Coaches need to negotiate that when they are hired.  Rumor has it that Vandy’s baseball coach has a clause which requires the University to admit any player he wants.  Has a couple  of CWS appearances to show for it.   

13 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Since we were talking about jerseys, what do folks think about these? I think they’re pretty cool. 

Using the script logo is good... But this just takes us back to the bore from before. Like I told the guy on Twitter, a new era of Indiana basketball calls for a new style. 

Using the script logo is good... But this just takes us back to the bore from before. Like I told the guy on Twitter, a new era of Indiana basketball calls for a new style. 

Except people outside of Indiana fans are hardly familiar with it. I don’t care what era something’s from, just make it look good. The script is more than capable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Except people outside of Indiana fans are hardly familiar with it. I don’t care what era something’s from, just make it look good. The script is more than capable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm talking more about the basic striping which is what we've always used. 

2 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Ok.  Not really a compliance issue though.  That’s been Northwestern’s problem for years.  Coaches need to negotiate that when they are hired.  Rumor has it that Vandy’s baseball coach has a clause which requires the University to admit any player he wants.  Has a couple  of CWS appearances to show for it.   

Rumor doesn’t equate to reality.  And even if true, that’s a crummy thing for school to put in a contract.

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Firm no on the black, no on 2nd to right.  Two in the middle I'd love as alternates.  The two on the left are like what we used to wear with the pinstripes, and I wish we'd go back to; it's clean, simple, and looks good.

3 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

I'm not plugged in to Vandy baseball but I have a couple of friends that are alums and are plugged in. I've never heard this. I think where this might be stemming from is how Vandy handles grant money for many baseball players. D1 baseball has very weird scholarship rules saying you can allot something like 11.5 full ride scholarships across 30 different players. But as I understand it, b/c Vandy is pretty expensive, they have a lot of students qualify for grant money based on family income. I think the baseball program in particular takes advantage of this b/c qualifying for grant money does not count against the scholarship limit. So they can skirt around the rules by offering at least "partial scholarships" to many more high level players than other schools can. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I'm not plugged in to Vandy baseball but I have a couple of friends that are alums and are plugged in. I've never heard this. I think where this might be stemming from is how Vandy handles grant money for many baseball players. D1 baseball has very weird scholarship rules saying you can allot something like 11.5 full ride scholarships across 30 different players. But as I understand it, b/c Vandy is pretty expensive, they have a lot of students qualify for grant money based on family income. I think the baseball program in particular takes advantage of this b/c qualifying for grant money does not count against the scholarship limit. So they can skirt around the rules by offering at least "partial scholarships" to many more high level players than other schools can. 

Sure but Vandy is an academic school and extremely difficult to get into.  I heard it from an assistant coach at a neighboring school a few years ago when the Kid was down there for a tournament.  Our coach setup a tour of their locker room and facilities and spent an hour answering questions.  That one came up.  :)  

But the point is, most athletically successful academic schools are super lenient on admitting athletes.  I am not sure IU falls into that category.  

On 2/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, HoosierAloha said:

And for the record, IU wasn't squeaky clean under any of the previous coaches.  There were things going on away from the program where families were "assisted" in different areas.  It didn't make headlines and was being done by a lot of programs.  You can look at it how you want.  I doubt there are any truly "clean" programs in the country and most of it is shades of gray.

This is correct - Vonleh and Bryant were both very suspect recruitments. We aren’t as brazen as some others out there. It to think we’ve landed everyone of our players without plying in the grey is not true

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Firm no on the black, no on 2nd to right.  Two in the middle I'd love as alternates.  The two on the left are like what we used to wear with the pinstripes, and I wish we'd go back to; it's clean, simple, and looks good.

I cannot for the life of me understand the rationale for having the shorts not match the jersey? If you put thin stripes on top, make them thin on the bottom. If you go chunky, go chunky.

having thin on jersey, medium on the waistband and then chunky on the legs looks sloppy and stupid 

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I cannot for the life of me understand the rationale for having the shorts not match the jersey? If you put thin stripes on top, make them thin on the bottom. If you go chunky, go chunky.

having thin on jersey, medium on the waistband and then chunky on the legs looks sloppy and stupid 

To have them all the same you'd almost have to go all thin, not much room for thick stripes around the arms and neck.  That doesn't bother me though.  I would've had the stripes the same on the waist and legs on second look though.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:29 PM, NOLA Hoosier said:

Script logo is amazing and I’ve been wanting to see it for years. If they did script with the older rounded IU on the shorts I’d be a happy man. At the very minimum I wish they’d PLEASE just go back to the original piping on the neck and arms—these unis they have now suck.

Also, anything black would basically make us look like UofL. 

The script should be our uniforms, at least at home.

3aNKmJd.jpg

xeKnLV5.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

The script should be our uniforms, at least at home.

3aNKmJd.jpg

xeKnLV5.jpg 

I can get on board with that. I also can get on board with Jordy and Vic coming back in those duds. We ain't got no guards! (Well, Armaan is pretty good -- but we need to keep him healthy). 

On 2/20/2021 at 10:52 AM, MikeRoberts said:

This is correct - Vonleh and Bryant were both very suspect recruitments. We aren’t as brazen as some others out there. It to think we’ve landed everyone of our players without plying in the grey is not true

I think of playing in the gray under the last two coaches has seen our administration clamp down on what they will allow now.