Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

BBall Non-Coaching Program Improvements

40 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I honestly didn't notice that last night and that is indeed a really neat touch. I just couldn't get over the corners of the court where the fir design is more of a dark gray. I just kept thinking that they needed to the turn the lights up as the it seemed really dark at the edges. I know that was the "in" thing a few years ago when they introduced this court, but I, personally, have no issues with the state outline and IU logo in the center of the court.

Really cool design.  I read about it in Phil Knight's book Shoe Dog. 

A few weeks ago, I was stuck inside due to a blizzard and had some time to kill. So I made some alternate IU unis based on another thread about changing things up. I even added(gasp!) names to the back for most of them. The font I used was the closest I could find to the modern 'Cool Dad' font.

iu candy stripe.png

iu single stripe.png

iu name stripe.png

riLo9a95T (5).png

A few weeks ago, I was stuck inside due to a blizzard and had some time to kill. So I made some alternate IU unis based on another thread about changing things up. I even added(gasp!) names to the back for most of them. The font I used was the closest I could find to the modern 'Cool Dad' font.

1799682894_iucandystripe.thumb.png.202f05b1a6d98c7a8bbc1d8be2c63b56.png
512570741_iusinglestripe.thumb.png.ad077d8c39ce8ac54618ae0bad6b4c1d.png
1586888606_iunamestripe.thumb.png.08b202a56decc497c74e06d96f9d6266.png
1398169632_riLo9a95T(5).thumb.png.533cf50cb7024febccd1b6661c29ab8b.png
Really like the Name Stripe unis. Like a lot

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1799682894_iucandystripe.thumb.png.202f05b1a6d98c7a8bbc1d8be2c63b56.png
512570741_iusinglestripe.thumb.png.ad077d8c39ce8ac54618ae0bad6b4c1d.png
1586888606_iunamestripe.thumb.png.08b202a56decc497c74e06d96f9d6266.png
1398169632_riLo9a95T(5).thumb.png.533cf50cb7024febccd1b6661c29ab8b.png
2nd from the bottom is the best.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

iu candy stripe.png

iu single stripe.png

iu name stripe.png

riLo9a95T (5).png

2nd from top is okay, I could go with that as an alternate.

22 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

iu candy stripe.png

iu single stripe.png

iu name stripe.png

riLo9a95T (5).png

I like the No. 32 Galloway version. One slight adjustment I'd like to see would be put the IU on the side of both legs of the shorts (like they are now) and have the candy stripes from the waistband across the bottom of the legs. 

Another change I wouldn't mind seeing -- if we have to change anything; again, I'm fine with the way our unis are now -- is to have the "Indiana" in  script across the front. 

38 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Another change I wouldn't mind seeing -- if we have to change anything; again, I'm fine with the way our unis are now -- is to have the "Indiana" in  script across the front. 

I believe this would be the best option.  I like some of the design elements in the ones above but there seems to be too many components in each.  I like the Galloway design but I'd get rid of the alternating colors around the neck.

I remember when during Crean's tenure they added the B1G logo in the box. Pretty sure there were a lot of heart palpitations due to that. Could only imagine something bigger.

I actually liked it when they did that. I’d like to see them add more crimson around the edges

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I actually liked it when they did that. I’d like to see them add more crimson around the edges

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I liked it too but I remember people losing their shirts on something so minor. Maybe I remember it wrong. And I'm fine with more subtle changes to the court but keeping the core design in tact.

2 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

I honestly didn't notice that last night and that is indeed a really neat touch. I just couldn't get over the corners of the court where the fir design is more of a dark gray. I just kept thinking that they needed to the turn the lights up as the it seemed really dark at the edges. I know that was the "in" thing a few years ago when they introduced this court, but I, personally, have no issues with the state outline and IU logo in the center of the court.

First time I saw the Oregon court I thought they must have had a leak in the roof and the floor had significant water damage.  Couldn't see the forest for the trees!

42 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I liked it too but I remember people losing their shirts on something so minor. Maybe I remember it wrong. And I'm fine with more subtle changes to the court but keeping the core design in tact.

I’m pretty sure that was required by the conference too. 

I’ve said this before, but when they upgraded AH, I wish they would’ve tore down the balconies and made the non- banner end a large and steep student section. Maryland did this and it’s awesome.

UolXNMwNng5OqdPHwlk1g-7dfJvTnEg1zdQHAnm3

So our arena would’ve had the short end with the banners and luxury seats, and the rest would’ve been a steep horseshoe with 7,000+ students at one end. 

I don’t like the recent jerseys. Scrap the stars and get the trim back on the top. I don’t want names on them, but our script Indiana looks great and I wish it was utilized more. Maybe something like the cream NBA Christmas jerseys from five years ago as an alternative?

Paul_George_Indiana_Pacers_Swingman_2015

I’d prefer we go true cream instead of white. Maybe not for other IU sports, but for basketball it would create a nice vintage touch.

The only change to the court I would make is to move the scorer’s table back a foot so substituting players don’t have to squeeze while waiting to check in. 

1) Indiana script. Somewhere. Anywhere. Why it’s only ever on T-shirts and football helmets, I’ll never know.

2) Replace the center court state outline...with the bison.

3) Burn every last drop ceiling in Bloomington (preferably after removal).

4) Two of the above are exercises in sarcasm.

5) The program improves when the basketball improves. None of changing this or that matters when you’re winning, and none of those changes make you win except the basketball-getting-better part.

6) Why am I still adding to this itemized list.

7) Why are you still reading this itemized list?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

11 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I'd be okay switching to Nike or even Jordan, more recognizable in basketball than Adidas is.

**** it, go Under Armour.  Growing brand....huge stock market jumps in the last six months.  Let them design alternate uniforms for us.

Oregon signed a record deal with Under Armour back in 2014.  And while a lot of us old guys roll our eyes at the uniforms they have, high school and college players LOVE them.  I'm going to watch IU regardless of their uniform.....but maybe it's time we did something different to draw some attention to the younger generation.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

**** it, go Under Armour.  Growing brand....huge stock market jumps in the last six months.  Let them design alternate uniforms for us.

Oregon signed a record deal with Under Armour back in 2014.  And while a lot of us old guys roll our eyes at the uniforms they have, high school and college players LOVE them.  I'm going to watch IU regardless of their uniform.....but maybe it's time we did something different to draw some attention to the younger generation.

Under Armour is a trainwreck of a company and is losing schools left and right. Do you mean Nike?

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Under Armour is a trainwreck of a company and is losing schools left and right. Do you mean Nike?

Their last two quarters they saw stock rise 14% and then 28% as their financials came out very well, but yes, they certainly bled for quite a while.

My point was more about not looking for just a safe steady stream of money and rather looking for a company that would design something that pops.....not for us die hard fans, but to grab the attention of the youth market.  A lot of uniforms that we find hideous (i.e., most of Oregons) seem to have the exact opposite effect.