Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

BBall Non-Coaching Program Improvements

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm willing to change anything, but not Assembly Hall.  Keep it for a hundred years.  Oh, and candystripes too.  Keep them.

Different jerseys?  Sure.  Names on back?  Sure.  New court?  Nah.  Louisville's is atrocious. 

What about a new court design? Like the court itself? 

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm not really willing to go there.  IU basketball is classic, the court should be too.  There's some really ugly courts out there.  I guess I'd have to see the design

Something like what Illinois has would be kinda neat. With the Indiana shape being a different color of flooring and then maybe the Script Indiana going across. 

The balcony gets a bit too much hate, imho. I’ve sat up there before and while they’re not great seats by any means, you can see the court fine. Especially with the new tech they have. Between the two I’d rather sit in the balcony then the 40s. 
I've only sat in the upper levels. I could see why the Court just fine. I've also been in the upper levels of other college arenas. I'll take IU's views from there anytime.
Maybe it's my age, but I just don't see new uniforms, arenas, drop ceilings(IUgrad a couple years ago) helping play get better. I'm not saying I am against anything new. I just don't see it. As someone said, they would just have an arena like every one else.

Now, I am 100% in agreement that the Administration does affect the program

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don’t think we need creative jerseys. Maybe an alternate or two, like the ones we had (I think last year) for Black History Month. But I think ours are fine. Look at Duke’s, for example.
46AFB690-649A-4D04-8895-B60FA9183920.thumb.jpeg.9c809809d96b09da7f6b5146c65abe3a.jpeg

There’s nothing really fancy or creative about those. To me, something like jerseys is only an issue because we aren’t winning. If our program was in a good place I don’t think anyone would really care what jerseys we are playing in. 
Yes, I know I'm old and I've said this already, but I just don't look at any team's uniform and get excited and think that's what IU needs.

I have however seen Uniforms that I laugh at and think never. An example would be the White Sox shorts uniforms in the late 70s(I know not CBB) or the neon uniforms of Oregon.

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Yes, I know I'm old and I've said this already, but I just don't look at any team's uniform and get excited and think that's what IU needs.

I have however seen Uniforms that I laugh at and think never. An example would be the White Sox shorts uniforms in the late 70s(I know not CBB) or the neon uniforms of Oregon.

In the day and age of social media, new jerseys can be huge. It's something to post and get interest. Creates a buzz. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The balcony gets a bit too much hate, imho. I’ve sat up there before and while they’re not great seats by any means, you can see the court fine. Especially with the new tech they have. Between the two I’d rather sit in the balcony then the 40s. 

100% agree. The SSAH balcony is no steeper/higher than Banker’s Life which overall is widely considered one of the best viewing experiences in the NBA. Below the SSAH balcony is pretty awful and I’m glad they stuck a bunch of “blogger boys” up there with the most recent renovation. 

I've said this before and will continue to do so: I think our uniforms are fine, and I have a difficult  time believing changing them would have any effect whatsoever on recruiting. However, I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate style we wear every once in a while, as long as they aren't black -- after all, our unkempt neighbors a hundred miles to the north wear that color. But if we are gonna change unis, I will insist on one addendum: Belts! 

9761085.thumb.jpg.5b46dbb245f149c504a9b6a9256cbdfc.jpg

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I understand. I also believe this issue will be split pretty much along age difference.

Most likely. I don't believe it'd would change much. It would just be nice to see. We've went 25 years of being mediocre. I'm just one who believes it's time to leave the history in the rafters and throughout the halls and lobby. 

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Most likely. I don't believe it'd would change much. It would just be nice to see. We've went 25 years of being mediocre. I'm just one who believes it's time to leave the history in the rafters and throughout the halls and lobby. 

Common ground! I actually agree with you on this, LCS. I've been in the camp for quite a while that the tradition in our jersey/uniform is far more the candy striped pants than the jerseys themselves. Every other blue blood has made changes to their uniforms, some subtle, some not so subtle. Their legacy/tradition/standing has not been affected. Keep the candy striped pants. We don't have to go drastic on the jerseys but I'm on board with some alternate options and some modernizing. I've never really thought about the floor. I'm indifferent there, but I'd be down for freshening that up too, within reason. 

1. All kidding aside, agree with y'all that we need to emphasize the candy stripes. It's our historical identity. A one-time look that accentuates them differently would be excellent.
  2. With a little kidding included, if we're looking to add to the candy striped pants, we could add this look from CoolDad Fred:

image.jpeg

Each time I hear about a refresh to the court design I think to the Oregon basketball court with those silhouette trees (Stanford v Oregon women was on ESPN last night) and I'm ever thankful that "Hoosiers" is such an obscure term. Hate to think of some of the sheer crap that could come from a design of that ilk.

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

Each time I hear about a refresh to the court design I think to the Oregon basketball court with those silhouette trees (Stanford v Oregon women was on ESPN last night) and I'm ever thankful that "Hoosiers" is such an obscure term. Hate to think of some of the sheer crap that could come from a design of that ilk.

I, for one, don't understand the trees. I'm sure they're paying homage to their timber industry, but at the same time, I'm pretty certain every state has trees. Oregon is the Ducks -- so maybe they should have outlines of Donald, Daisy and Daffy. Or maybe Huey, Dewey and Louie. 

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

The only cool thing about the Oregon court is the torri gates that spell Matt (Phil Knight's son who died).  Really cool design that incorporates Phil Knight/Nike relationship with Japan.1404941228_ScreenShot2021-02-16at3_48_46PM.png.c78886cfe6ac623e30d258297ccfda0f.png

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

The only cool thing about the Oregon court is the torri gates that spell Matt (Phil Knight's son who died).  Really cool design that incorporates Phil Knight/Nike relationship with Japan.1404941228_ScreenShot2021-02-16at3_48_46PM.png.c78886cfe6ac623e30d258297ccfda0f.png

I honestly didn't notice that last night and that is indeed a really neat touch. I just couldn't get over the corners of the court where the fir design is more of a dark gray. I just kept thinking that they needed to the turn the lights up as the it seemed really dark at the edges. I know that was the "in" thing a few years ago when they introduced this court, but I, personally, have no issues with the state outline and IU logo in the center of the court.

At one point I wanted a new arena but I think that is totally out of the question now. SSAH still has the ability to be one of the best home courts in cbb.If changing the uniforms help then do it  but I personally dont think that will have much impact.

I’m probably the first to ever complain about our floor being boring, but adding some color would be a nice touch. IU has already spent so much money renovating, I don’t see a new arena in the next 10-15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I remember when during Crean's tenure they added the B1G logo in the box. Pretty sure there were a lot of heart palpitations due to that. Could only imagine something bigger.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk