Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

BBall Non-Coaching Program Improvements

I wish we had an arena more like Ohio st and Louisville. I think it helps with recruiting. I even think our floor looks kind of outdated lol. I know this isn’t going to go over well, and not in the right thread. Archie’s problems isn’t our arena. I am well aware of that. After watching the OSU game , I caught myself comparing. Anyway, I am hoping for Archie to succeed, but it looks more and more less likely with every season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

I wish we had an arena more like Ohio st and Louisville. I think it helps with recruiting. I even think our floor looks kind of outdated lol. I know this isn’t going to go over well, and not in the right thread. Archie’s problems isn’t our arena. I am well aware of that. After watching the OSU game , I caught myself comparing. Anyway, I am hoping for Archie to succeed, but it looks more and more less likely with every season. emoji853.png

Completely agree. We are an outdated program. Plain and simple. From coach to where we play. No fun. No excitement. 

5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I wish we had an arena more like Ohio st and Louisville. I think it helps with recruiting. I even think our floor looks kind of outdated lol. I know this isn’t going to go over well, and not in the right thread. Archie’s problems isn’t our arena. I am well aware of that. After watching the OSU game , I caught myself comparing. Anyway, I am hoping for Archie to succeed, but it looks more and more less likely with every season. emoji853.png

Interesting discussion point. Bow--I'm gonna start a new thread based on your post and use this to start it.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I'm biased toward Assemby Hall--the history and fans on top of the court + the much better recent tech and amenities work really well IMO.

However, now I'm curious...what were the OSU and Louisville comparison items that we are lesser at?

52 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I like Assembly Hall and wouldn’t want us to change. It’s outdated.  Some of the views are pretty bad. But it’s IU basketball. Few college arenas are better than a packed assembly hall. 

I think that at a time where the program is struggling, a new cookie cutter arena (as nice as it would be) would put us further down the “just another team” path. 

Oh the balcony and lower level above row 40 are AWFUL. Can't really fix that without tearing the sucker down, and for me that's not worth it. Also, crap seats in the balcony do not affect program performance IMO.

I don't think it would make the program better performance wise by any means, but Assembly Hall needs way too many updates. Whatever engineers they have need to find a way to eliminate all or the majority of the walls to allow more flow for the stands. 

New jerseys. Something creative. It's a new era. A new era needs to be brought in with something different. The history hangs in the rafters, no need to wear it. 

Get rid of Adidas. Be a follower or be a pioneer. Nike or something like Puma. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh the balcony and lower level above row 40 are AWFUL. Can't really fix that without tearing the sucker down, and for me that's not worth it. Also, crap seats in the balcony does not affect program performance IMO.

The balcony gets a bit too much hate, imho. I’ve sat up there before and while they’re not great seats by any means, you can see the court fine. Especially with the new tech they have. Between the two I’d rather sit in the balcony then the 40s. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't think it would make the program better performance wise by any means, but Assembly Hall needs way too many updates. Whatever engineers they have need to find a way to eliminate all or the majority of the walls to allow more flow for the stands. 

New jerseys. Something creative. It's a new era. A new era needs to be brought in with something different. The history hangs in the rafters, no need to wear it. 

I'd be okay switching to Nike or even Jordan, more recognizable in basketball than Adidas is.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The balcony gets a bit too much hate, imho. I’ve sat up there before and while they’re not great seats by any means, you can see the court fine. Especially with the new tech they have. Between the two I’d rather sit in the balcony then the 40s. 

It's really something that's impossible to fix. Especially under the balcony. We at least have a football stadium with great views though. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Get that Jumpman logo. Merch prices would probably jump but some of the Michigan gear looks pretty slick with the Jordan logo on it, in my opinion. That'd be my personal preference, not that it matters. Puma sponsor any D1 teams as of yet? I know they have a couple NBA players under deals, but haven't seen much in the ways of college gear

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don’t think the stadium matters much when it comes to the players. If it does, I would bet it’s a positive. Especially if they get a recruit there for the right game. Fans might not like it because some of the views suck, but the players aren’t ever going to be sitting up there. 

I like the jerseys we had back when Zeller and Oladipo were here. They’re a classic look. I hate the new ones we’ve had the last few seasons, though. 

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Get that Jumpman logo. Merch prices would probably jump but some of the Michigan gear looks pretty slick with the Jordan logo on it, in my opinion. That'd be my personal preference, not that it matters. Puma sponsor any D1 teams as of yet? I know they have a couple NBA players under deals, but haven't seen much in the ways of college gear

I don't think Puma has any programs anywhere. But Id love the Jordan move. It would be the only reason I'd ever wear Jordan. 

The dad in me though wants a move to New Balance. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t think the stadium matters much when it comes to the players. If it does, I would bet it’s a positive. Especially if they get a recruit there for the right game. Fans might not like it because some of the views suck, but the players aren’t ever going to be sitting up there. 

I like the jerseys we had back when Zeller and Oladipo were here. They’re a classic look. I hate the new ones we’ve had the last few seasons, though. 

The new jerseys stink. I think we should save the Zeller era ones for special days. "Throwback jerseys" that also add in an extra merch possibility. But I'd like to basically copy what some NBA have. Pacers would be neat. Something simple like the Spurs but have the stripes on the side. Maybe something like what Denver has with their "sunset" jerseys and have the sample gates. What we have no is the least creative thing imaginable. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't think Puma has any programs anywhere. But Id love the Jordan move. It would be the only reason I'd ever wear Jordan. 

The dad in me though wants a move to New Balance. 

Owned a pair of red and white Jordan XVII's when I was in middle school. That was some fine packaging - came in a suitcase type box. Like Apple, they really do a good job of branding their products. Would love to see IU go that route. Part of its IU bball and their reliance on history, but our uniforms just seem stale to me. Certain parts of the fan base would hate it, but even some red horizontal bars down the side of the uniform tops and bottoms would at least add some flare. I believe someone had this type of design pictured a while back

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Owned a pair of red and white Jordan XVII's when I was in middle school. That was some fine packaging - came in a suitcase type box. Like Apple, they really do a good job of branding their products. Would love to see IU go that route. Part of its IU bball and their reliance on history, but our uniforms just seem stale to me. Certain parts of the fan base would hate it, but even some red horizontal bars down the side of the uniform tops and bottoms would at least add some flare. I believe someone had this type of design pictured a while back

I create IU jerseys on 2k21 sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The new jerseys stink. I think we should save the Zeller era ones for special days. "Throwback jerseys" that also add in an extra merch possibility. But I'd like to basically copy what some NBA have. Pacers would be neat. Something simple like the Spurs but have the stripes on the side. Maybe something like what Denver has with their "sunset" jerseys and have the sample gates. What we have no is the least creative thing imaginable. 

I don’t think we need creative jerseys. Maybe an alternate or two, like the ones we had (I think last year) for Black History Month. But I think ours are fine. Look at Duke’s, for example.

46AFB690-649A-4D04-8895-B60FA9183920.thumb.jpeg.9c809809d96b09da7f6b5146c65abe3a.jpeg

There’s nothing really fancy or creative about those. To me, something like jerseys is only an issue because we aren’t winning. If our program was in a good place I don’t think anyone would really care what jerseys we are playing in. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t think we need creative jerseys. Maybe an alternate or two, like the ones we had (I think last year) for Black History Month. But I think ours are fine. Look at Duke’s, for example.

46AFB690-649A-4D04-8895-B60FA9183920.thumb.jpeg.9c809809d96b09da7f6b5146c65abe3a.jpeg

There’s nothing really fancy or creative about those. To me, something like jerseys is only an issue because we aren’t winning. If our program was in a good place I don’t think anyone would really care what jerseys we are playing in. 

That's still more creative and has a much better flow than ours right now. They are at least aesthetically pleasing. If we were winning, we'd still have the classic look.