Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ Illinois - 2/14/21 @ 3:00 ET on BTN+

Holmes looked like she was pressing. The rest of the team looked off as well but fortunately Illinois is just not good. . As said above, any other team and it would have been a loss. 

Note I just saw on twitter that Danielle Patterson has also opted out of season as well. Unlike Penn, I don't think this one matters and has been somewhat typical of players at end of bench who are overhyped.

I always talk about using rankings as guides but not gospel and I don't think the current team says that better. IU has had six 5* players join in last few years. One I would say met her ranking in Jaelynn Penn (opt out not withstanding), three exceeded their ranking in Patberg, Berger and Holmes and are always referred to as 'the big 3'. On the other end of the spectrum Jori Allen and Danielle Patterson were way over ranked and hence why they have transferred. Patterson transferred here for greener pastures and is clearly not as good as she thinks or rankings say and Jori Allen transferred elsewhere since it was not what she expected here. 

In this culture right now kids want out at the first sign of trouble and it is happening in every program. The fact we are even recruiting 5* players now and 2/3 worked out is why we are reaching levels team never has before. 

Note I just saw on twitter that Danielle Patterson has also opted out of season as well. Unlike Penn, I don't think this one matters and has been somewhat typical of players at end of bench who are overhyped.
I always talk about using rankings as guides but not gospel and I don't think the current team says that better. IU has had six 5* players join in last few years. One I would say met her ranking in Jaelynn Penn (opt out not withstanding), three exceeded their ranking in Patberg, Berger and Holmes and are always referred to as 'the big 3'. On the other end of the spectrum Jori Allen and Danielle Patterson were way over ranked and hence why they have transferred. Patterson transferred here for greener pastures here and is clearly not as good as she thinks or rankings say and Jori Allen transferred elsewhere since she was not what she expected here. 
In this culture right now kids want out at the first sign of trouble and it is happening in every program. The fact we are even recruiting 5* players now and 2/3 worked out is why we are reaching levels team never has before. 

Archie should consider this option. 3 great players will win basketball games. 10 average players won’t win as many basketball games.

It is true that kids transfer too easily these days and that is only going to get worse, not better. The coaches that adapt best to the environment will win more games.

So far, Moren has been able to replace pieces that have left and we have been steadily good for a while now. Hope she can keep it up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Grace Berger is on the Big Ten Player of the Week honor roll!

• Notched 3rd triple-double this season vs. Penn State - 17 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists
  • Scored in double figures twice last week including 10 points in a win at Illinois

May be an image of 1 person and text