Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Penn State - 2/10/21 @ 3:00 on BTN

If you haven't already noted, the start time for this game has been moved to 3:00.  Our Hoosiers (11-4) (9-2) will try to keep the  momentum going and get a series sweep of the Nittany Lions (8-7) (5-6).

Radio

Live Stats

ABOUT THE LADY LIONS
Indiana will face a Penn State team on a four-game win streak, most recently coming off a win over Wisconsin on Sunday. Senior forward Johnasia Cash is coming off a Big Ten Player of the Week performance as she leads the team with 15.5 points and 9.3 rebounds per game. Sophomore guard Makenna Marisa adds 15.0 points and 4.6 assists per game. The Lady Lions average 76.9 points per game through 15 games of the 2020-21 season.

NOTES

Indiana returns home on Wednesday night and will go for the series sweep of the Lady Lions for the first time since the 2016-17 season. IU took the first meeting in University Park on Jan. 7, 85-64.

Behind a combined 48 points from senior guard Ali Patberg and sophomore forward Mackenzie Holmes, the Hoosiers picked up its first win in Carver Hawkeye Arena since 1994 in an 85-72 win on Sunday. Holmes led the way with 25 points and 13 rebounds for her fifth double-double of the season which earned her a spot on the Big Ten Player of the Week honor roll.

Three players are averaging double figures for the Hoosiers this season behind Holmes' 18.3 points per game. Junior guard Grace Berger adds 15.5 points per game while Patberg is averaging 12.8 points per contest.

Patberg was named on of 30 candidates for the Senior CLASS Award on Monday. An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School ®, the Senior CLASS Award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact as leaders in their communities. 

IU moved up two spots in the Associated Press top 25 this week to No. 15. It matches its highest rating in the media poll this season, coming in at No. 15 in the preseason and weeks 2-4 of the 2020-21 season.

UP NEXT
Indiana travels to Illinois on Sunday. Tip is set for 3 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network Plus.

PSU has won four in a row but all against the bottom half of the Big Ten. Nittany Lions may not win again though as they play the top half of the Big Ten the rest of the season starting with IU on Thursday and are not very good. 

Will be very disappointed if IU does not win this by double digits. 

4 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Weird, I can stream via Fox Sports app but not my provider. I'm happy that I get to watch :)

It's absolutely horrible on BTN.  I keep getting a random zoom that lasts minutes.  It does a fantastic job of not showing what is going on around the ball handler.  How does BTN collect so much money and has a shitty service?

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't follow women's basketball close enough but is Berger a pro? 

22-20 end of 1, psu with a 3 to end the first quarter

Berger is one of my all time favorites- doesn't get flashy and is tenacious 

Left our "A" game in the locker room and letting PSU hang around and they have the halftime lead of 40-39.

Reb:  Berger 4; Holmes 3

Assists:  Berger 4; C-H 3

IU:  48% FG   25% on 3s                       PSU:  50% FG    43% on 3s

No idea what that was. PSU was the female version of Iowa that half where they play really well on offense but cannot stop anything or anyone. 

The problem is IU gave by far the worst defensive effort I have seen from them this season that half. Hopefully that can be adjusted at halftime and this turns into a runaway in second half like it should.

The announcers can mention as many times as they want that PSU has won four in a row, but they beat 3 of the worse teams in the Big Ten and Nebraska, who can literally win or lose to anyone depending on what day you catch them. PSU took advantage of a soft spot in their schedule, but have top Big Ten teams rest of year starting with us and should not win again based on their talent.

Time to play like IU is capable of in second half on defense.