Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Video clip memories of IU past moments

18 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Thread for short video moments....good, bad, or ugly....from past years.

I'll lead us off:  Todd Jadlow throwing an in bounds pass off of Iowa's Kent Hill's face when he couldn't get the ball in bounds.

I remember this when it was happened. I was sitting in my apartment on campus and my roommate and I were watching and having a couple beers. I remember being torn, because part of me thought it was a pretty cheap shot from Jadlow, but another part of me thought it was kinda humorous. 

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I remember this when it was happened. I was sitting in my apartment on campus and my roommate and I were watching and having a couple beers. I remember being torn, because part of me thought it was a pretty cheap shot from Jadlow, but another part of me thought it was kinda humorous. 

Jadlow was one of those guys who if he played for another team, you'd hate him.  I still remember Knight undressing him when he taunted the crowd at Minnesota.

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Thread for short video moments....good, bad, or ugly....from past years.

I'll lead us off:  Todd Jadlow throwing an in bounds pass off of Iowa's Kent Hill's face when he couldn't get the ball in bounds.

Watched it live and didnt like it then or now. Dont blame the Iowa player honestly.

So this happened 32 years ago today. I was a junior at the time. Was watching with my roomie in my rented house on Walnut Street. After Jay hit that shot, we ran around the house and screamed our heads off.

Lyndon and Jay couldn't have squeezed another millisecond out of that play. 

You know RMK loved that one. He was good friends with Johnny Orr back in the day, but really hated Michigan after he left. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

So this happened 32 years ago today. I was a junior at the time. Was watching with my roomie in my rented house on Walnut Street. After Jay hit that shot, we ran around the house and screamed our heads off.

Lyndon and Jay couldn't have squeezed another millisecond out of that play. 

You know RMK loved that one. He was good friends with Johnny Orr back in the day, but really hated Michigan after he left. 

Don't know if the clock being at 0:00 really means 0 seconds or less than 1 second -- no tenths of a second showed back then -- but if it mean there was no time left, he really didn't get it off in time.  But **** Michigan.

It’s the slow season, so I thought I’d pass along a treat…35 unedited, non-highlight reel minutes of the extraordinary Walt Bellamy in an IU uniform playing for Branch McCracken.

IU is in the dark uniforms—Bellamy is in his first year as a Hoosier and is #35. We run a decent OSU team out of the gym, and I do mean run. Indiana is incredibly good at flying out from every defensive rebound with some next level outlet passes. And Bellamy is an absolute beast. 

No sound, but really good video quality. Enjoy:

On 2/19/2021 at 11:07 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Don't know if the clock being at 0:00 really means 0 seconds or less than 1 second -- no tenths of a second showed back then -- but if it mean there was no time left, he really didn't get it off in time.  But **** Michigan.

Game is not over until the horn sounds . Jay beat the horn - barely.

On 2/9/2021 at 3:14 PM, coonhounds said:

Michael lewis did this also however I cant find the video but I remember it happening.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Iowa would always crowd the line(I think you’re supposed to stay a certain distance back from the line; Iowa rarely was called for crowding iirc) and Knight instructed both Jadlow and later Lewis to hit it off their heads.

19 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Iowa would always crowd the line(I think you’re supposed to stay a certain distance back from the line; Iowa rarely was called for crowding iirc) and Knight instructed both Jadlow and later Lewis to hit it off their heads.

I think you're right about being a certain distance off the line.  I remember watching when Lewis did that and my dad saying something like "that'll teach him to crowd the line".

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I think you're right about being a certain distance off the line.  I remember watching when Lewis did that and my dad saying something like "that'll teach him to crowd the line".

Iowa was notorious for doing that; it was part of their full-court press. Officials would rarely call it.

I’ll see if I can find the article on Knight telling them to do it.