Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Game Thread: Iowa at IU 2/7/21 Noon FOX

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Are we sure he was kept out today versus lost all his minutes to Jordan G?

Hunter was dressed.

Not sure but can’t imagine he would go from playing 17-18 mpg and having won the gold jersey to losing all his minutes to Jordan. Makes more sense to me that, as Cam said, he’ll play when CAM thinks he’s ready again 

1 minute ago, cappymo14 said:

Didn’t think I needed anything there stat guy. It’s not exactly uncommon to win against a ranked and follow it with a loss to an unranked team. Happened in your own conference several times this season alone. ??? I mean it looks like the three year totals are in the 20’s? What are we talking about here?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Your refuting a bad looking stat with your gut feeling. If that can even be called refuting. 

How the **** did the Indiana Hoosiers win that game?!  Feels like that should have been an easy L.  I guess it is that time of the year when Iowa takes a nosedive!

It's funny going back reading the comments in here.  The freshman need more time, player X is way better than player Y!  Then the stats look completely different..  He just needs more minutes to get in a rhythm!  Again, the stats tell a different story.

Regardless of class, position or whatever, the entire TEAM needs to play better.  Shooting FREE THROWS shouldn't be THAT difficult!  That's several more Ws, a team that's ranked, and safely in the tourney.  Yet, here we are..

11 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Shout out to Fran for sitting Garza for the last 12 minutes of the first half after his second foul, only for him to play the whole second half without picking up even one more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's something that drives me nuts about coaches.  You do not need to automatically sit a guy with two fouls in first half.

On the other hand, you do not need to start a guy with three fouls to begin the second half.  Guys with three fouls at half should sit to begin the second half, IMO, until the under 16 timeout.

Hey Bow how goes it —

I’m really hoping to see Hunter back. Loved the end game shots today but damn our starting guards were shooting bad until then 

Good man ..

I just want to get into the tournament this season. Tournament is in our home state. We need to build off this win unlike we have the past few seasons. Guard play is so important !

33 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

That's something that drives me nuts about coaches.  You do not need to automatically sit a guy with two fouls in first half.

On the other hand, you do not need to start a guy with three fouls to begin the second half.  Guys with three fouls at half should sit to begin the second half, IMO, until the under 16 timeout.

In fairness to Fran, they maintained a 6+ point lead the whole time Garza was out until about the last two minutes when we went on that unforeseen 90 second spurt. He may very well have put Garza back in if the game started turning towards IU.  

I'm not 100 percent certain on the rules, but when you throw the ball inbounds, once it hits anything, the clock starts, correct? 

When the Iowa kid threw that last pass in, it hit off the backboard, caromed of our guy (TJD, I think), then went out to center court, where an Iowa kid grabbed it and heaved it at the bucket. All that happened in 1.6 seconds? 

Why isn't our home timekeeper taking better care of us????

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not 100 percent certain on the rules, but when you throw the ball inbounds, once it hits anything, the clock starts, correct? 

When the Iowa kid threw that last pass in, it hit off the backboard, caromed of our guy (TJD, I think), then went out to center court, where an Iowa kid grabbed it and heaved it at the bucket. All that happened in 1.6 seconds? 

Pretty sure it has to touch a player, but the clock was definitely doing that weird every .3 seconds thing it’s done in basically every home game this season once it did start. 

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Add to that the refs stood in front of the hockey glass for 5 minutes huffing and puffing checking the time after Armaan's basket. Dolson should look into getting a defogger too.

Your refuting a bad looking stat with your gut feeling. If that can even be called refuting. 

Maryland beats Purdue#23

Loses to unranked Penn St. the next game.

Minnesota beats #7 Michigan

Loses back to back games to unranked teams immediately following

Wisconsin ranked #5 in the country beats #11 MSU

Loses its next to unranked Maryland. (Their 2nd time this season)

Iowa beats ranked Purdue

Loses to unranked Minnesota 105-95

Illinois ranked #5 in the nation beats #9 Duke

Loses its next game to unranked bottom feeder Missouri.

Shall I go on? Cause those are just this season. It’s not even close to all of them either. Honestly it happens so often in this conference that I feel bad that a stats guy like yourself doesn’t know something so simple about his favorite conference. Like I said stats guy, the three year totals are in the high 20’s. Low 30’s. IDK, maybe you just aren’t a very good stats guy? Man, I generally agree with you on most things and I understand that you are all about the tank, but it’s not cool how you dismiss everything that doesn’t line up with that narrative. Honestly it’s exhausting watching how you reduce everything to such a little HS insult fest. So the team really isn’t as bad as you want them to be. So what? Either get behind the guys or get out of the way.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Actually been happening past few years we have clock issues

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I remember a home game with Michigan 2 years ago where there was like a 15 minute delay to start the game because our clock wasn't working properly. It must have angered Michigan having to wait that long, because when the game finally started they scored the first 17 points and never looked back. 

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I remember a home game with Michigan 2 years ago where there was like a 15 minute delay to start the game because our clock wasn't working properly. It must have angered Michigan having to wait that long, because when the game finally started they scored the first 17 points and never looked back. 

Omg I was there that was so annoying!