Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Game Thread: Iowa at IU 2/7/21 Noon FOX

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I didn't see Rob's shot, but it's huge that Armaan WANTED the ball with the game on the line.  We haven't had guards like that since Yogi.

Step back three at the end of the shot clock with 1:39 left with us down three.

Big shot, Rob

A GOOD Coach does not let his team come out after a big WIN and lay an egg a la our Rutgers game at HOME after beating #4 Iowa.
Keep the confident winning juice flowing Archie!
It’s a MUST!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I actually wanted Iowa to shoot a 3 when we were up 3 at the end. A smarter strategy would have been to get 2 and then foul, since we suck at free throws. Tying the game shortened it and gave us the last shot (sans the 1.8 seconds that slowly ticked away after the backboard saved Iowa's Hail Mary attempt)

I was impressed with Race today. He played hard and the rest of the defense was solid. We still don’t get TJD enough quality touches. I’d like to see more of Lander under the strict guidelines of not shooting the ball unless it’s a wide open layup. He sees the floor really well and finds open guys. I think  Franklin will show vast improvement once his ankle is healthy.

I have no idea how to fix Rob and Al. It’s really unfortunate as they seem like good kids who want to play hard. Maybe coming off the bench will be beneficial 

A GOOD Coach does not let his team come out after a big WIN and lay an egg a la our Rutgers game at HOME after beating #4 Iowa.
Keep the confident winning juice flowing Archie!
It’s a MUST!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I hear what y’all are saying on this subject. I get it, trust me. A big resume building win is negated in part if you follow it up with a loss at Northwestern. I’m just not sure that you can rake the guys across the coals for losing that game against Rutgers. They were in that game and lost. Let’s not act like IU is the only team Rutgers has beaten though. IU, if nothing else, needs this next game more than the Iowa game. If just to get people to STFU about it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I hear what y’all are saying on this subject. I get it, trust me. A big resume building win is negated in part if you follow it up with a loss at Northwestern. I’m just not sure that you can rake the guys across the coals for losing that game against Rutgers. They were in that game and lost. Let’s not act like IU is the only team Rutgers has beaten though. IU, if nothing else, needs this next game more than the Iowa game. If just to get people to STFU about it.

Problem is it wasn’t just Rutgers were something like 2-9 after beating a ranked team. 

Massive win for IU.   IU will have a season sweep of a team that will be a 3 or 4 seed in the ncaa tournament.  If Iowa gets hot again they could get a 2 seed.   If IU finds itself on the cut line these wins will stick out.    As I have said before there is no doubt in my mind IU should be one of the 37 at-large teams they just need  to stack wins to back that up.    I believe Hova pointed the next 5 games a winnable and he is correct.  This stretch coming up is more important then the 2 games IU just played.  Big week ahead 

enjoy the super bowl everyone but watch Boise st//Nevada at 4. It should be another good one.  

Good win we needed it. Positives was race lander and geronimo i like them. Phin and Franklin when it counted. Tjd solid second half. Only complaint was archie not keeping the lineup at end of first in to start the second. Lander and geronimo only get in when momentum is lost and we are down

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Massive win for IU.   IU will have a season sweep of a team that will be a 3 or 4 seed in the ncaa tournament.  If Iowa gets hot again they could get a 2 seed.   If IU finds itself on the cut line these wins will stick out.    As I have said before there is no doubt in my mind IU should be one of the 37 at-large teams they just need  to stack wins to back that up.    I believe Hova pointed the next 5 games a winnable and he is correct.  This stretch coming up is more important then the 2 games IU just played.  Big week ahead 

enjoy the super bowl everyone but watch Boise st//Nevada at 4. It should be another good one.  

USPS,

In your opinion, what seed will we get when we win out and potentially win the conference?

Thanks,

-Indiana Hoosiers basketball fan that doesn’t see another loss on our schedule

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Looks like their conference is doing the schedule where they travel and then play two games at their opponent in a row.  That'll be the second straight game of Boise at Nevada.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

USPS,

In your opinion, what seed will we get when we win out and potentially win the conference?

Thanks,

Does that include the conference tourney as well?

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

USPS,

Thanks,

Is there such thing as a zero seed? I mean the number of quality wins we'll rack up by running through the rest of the schedule + Big Ten tourney will be through the roof. I could see a scenario where we are granted a bye through to the sweet 16. 

Thing is..... IU should have never let Rutgers on a 5 game skid IN the game after a big win AND playing at home. There’s really no excuse for IU just to be “in” the game hanging by a thread.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app