Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: Illinois @ Indiana Tues., Feb. 2, 9 pm ESPN/2

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

No I'm not acting as if Alford assaulted her. You're acting as if defending and enabling a sexual abuser is fine. It's not.

He shouldn't have defended him before or after any facts came out. Period.

And he definitely shouldn't have CALLED HER INTO HIS OFFICE AND TRIED TO SHUT HER UP. I've read a lot of asinine things on this board, but this is No. 1. 

I am done with you on this subject. You are disgusting. 

Why should he not defend him before anything came out? What if it all turned out to be a lie? Because that never happens right? Maybe his knee jerk reaction was exactly that? Because he's human and people do things like that. And he's obviously learned from his mistakes. Because clearly nothing like it has ever happened at any point in his coaching career. If that were such a god awful thing, he would never coach again in college basketball. But guess what? He's had 3 different jobs since then. And I can guarantee you, he's been asked about it at every single interview. If no one is allowed to make mistakes and learn from them, well then screw it. Everyone needs fired. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Why should he not defend him before anything came out? What if it all turned out to be a lie? Because that never happens right? Maybe his knee jerk reaction was exactly that? Because he's human and people do things like that. And he's obviously learned from his mistakes. Because clearly nothing like it has ever happened at any point in his coaching career. If that were such a god awful thing, he would never coach again in college basketball. But guess what? He's had 3 different jobs since then. And I can guarantee you, he's been asked about it at every single interview. If no one is allowed to make mistakes and learn from them, well then screw it. Everyone needs fired. 

You have zero self-awareness. Keep digging that hole.

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

When you first started making excuses for Alford's conduct, it still was obviously terrible but it was, at the very least, consistent with your "literally anyone in the world would be better than Archie" schtick. But it's gone way beyond that at this point. You seem to genuinely believe in your heart of hearts that what he did wasn't a big deal, and that's extremely disturbing.

Edited by Vauxhall and IU

2 minutes ago, Vauxhall and IU said:

When you first started making excuses for Alford's conduct, it still was obviously terrible but it was, at the very least, consistent with your "literally anyone in the world would be better than Archie" schtick. But it's gone way beyond that at this point. You seem to genuinely believe in your heart of hearts that what he did wasn't a big deal, and that's extremely disturbing.

I believe Alford learned from his mistake. Which is clearly evident in his track record since. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I believe Alford learned from his mistake. 

Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter 

Just now, NOLA Hoosier said:

Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter 

No it does matter. If it didn't, he wouldn't have a job. 

7 hours ago, Treesh said:

No one good is coming here. We don’t have the money. It’s not happening. 

Miller was given a top 10 contract at the time.  We have the money, but it seems the criteria is "could they be here 30 years if they don't suck" instead of "how much have they actually shown".

Or worse yet "eh, screw it good enough".

6 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

No I'm not acting as if Alford assaulted her. You're acting as if defending and enabling a sexual abuser is fine. It's not.

He shouldn't have defended him before or after any facts came out. Period.

And he definitely shouldn't have CALLED HER INTO HIS OFFICE AND TRIED TO SHUT HER UP. I've read a lot of asinine things on this board, but this is No. 1. 

I am done with you on this subject. You are disgusting. 

Also shouldn’t have enlisted the school’s local Christian-athlete group to try to get her to recant as well.

My support for Archie had been hanging by a rope, then it became twine, then it became fishing line, then it became a thread, then it became a hair.  Last night it broke.  Still uncertain if it happens at the end of this season or not, but he's toast.

And then...... there’s this deep dive on the loss. Covers many games. Still happening.

"We are not tough enough to finish games," Miller said. "That's why we are in so many heartbreakers."

Unacceptable.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners