Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: Illinois @ Indiana Tues., Feb. 2, 9 pm ESPN/2

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Fact is Steve Alford was let go at Iowa and fired at UCLA.  If you are firing Miller to hire Alford, all you are doing is rearranging furniture.  And four years later, we are having this conversation again.

Not sure why you quoted me. If we hire Alford I’m a Virginia fan ASAP 

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Fact is Steve Alford was let go at Iowa and fired at UCLA.  If you are firing Miller to hire Alford, all you are doing is rearranging furniture.  And four years later, we are having this conversation again.

Alford still made 3 S16s at UCLA. Indiana has made 4 in the last 25 years. 

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

That’s a good guess. I’ll investigate tomorrow at work and see if I can come up with an answer! 

I confirmed - Rivers had 0-1-1 game at home against Purdue his senior year and a 0-1-3 game against Savannah State but no 0-0-0.  He was also 6-5" so had a bit of an easier time at least grabbing a rebound. He only started 19 games his senior year and looking at his junior year game log - he was far better that season. Would be a depressing rabbit hole to track down an answer that's for sure. Best of luck

I hate to throw out a tired, old cliche -- but that's not gonna stop me: Archie has lost this team (if he ever even had it). 

I saw a handful of times tonight when he pulled players, he was chewing them out -- and they were giving it right back. Even Leal. 

That's not good. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I hate to throw out a tired, old cliche -- but that's not gonna stop me: Archie has lost this team (if he ever even had it). 

I saw a handful of times tonight when he pulled players, he was chewing them out -- and they were giving it right back. Even Leal. 

That's not good. 

They did what he said for 3 years and it didn’t work. They have no faith 

I'm going to go listen to Assembly Call make me feel better. 75% of them have seen through the BS now at least. Took them awhile but they got there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not even Jeremiah Rivers could pull that off. 

You are correct. At 6'5" he was pretty active on the glass and his steal lines pop off the screen compared to what we watch on a nightly basis this season. Just quite disappointing watching Phin's lack of progression this season. I've heard a lot about how much he improved over the month of January and December, but part of me is wondering if he'd simply set the bar so low that expectations of him have been lowered significantly.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Alford still made 3 S16s at UCLA. Indiana has made 4 in the last 25 years. 

Alford defended a rapist. And that rapist then attacked another woman. Indiana's basketball program hasn't had that happen at all in the past 25 years. 

That's not good. 

Never had them. The kids want to win and want winnable instruction. Archie hasn’t proven himself to these kids. Plus they don’t like him. Not a winning formula.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Alford defended a rapist. And that rapist then attacked another woman. Indiana's basketball program hasn't had that happen in the past 25 years. 

And Alford has said he was wrong for doing so. Everyone but some IU fans have moved on from that. Fact is, he's won as much as Indiana has. Is he a good candidate? No. Is he better than we have? Without a doubt in the world. 

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

That's underselling just how bad it would be. We wouldn't just be having this conversation again in four years - we'd be having this conversation with an even more decimated fan base. I shouldn't even say "we," because I wouldn't have any part of it. If IU hires Alford, I am done, and I mean DONE, until both he and Dolson are gone. And I know I'm not alone.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And Alford has said he was wrong for doing so. Everyone but some IU fans have moved on from that. Fact is, he's won as much as Indiana has. Is he a good candidate? No. Is he better than we have? Without a doubt in the world. 

He said he was wrong only after he said he was right about a dozen times -- and only when the UCLA fan base and media pushed him on it. And it was a half-hearted apology at that. And you're wrong -- not everyone but IU fans have moved on from it. Do you think the first lady Pierre Pierce attacked has moved on? Do you think she's OK with the fact that Alford called her to meet with him, then tried to get her to keep quiet. Or do you think the second woman Pierce attacked has moved on? 

Your defense of what Alford did is absolutely disgusting. 

He said he was wrong only after he said he was right about a dozen times -- and only when the UCLA fan base and media pushed him on it. And it was a half-hearted apology at that. And you're wrong -- not everyone but IU fans have moved on from it. Do you think the first lady Pierre Pierce attacked has moved on? Do you think she's OK with the fact that Alford called her to meet with him, then tried to get her to keep quiet. Or do you think the second woman Pierce attacked has moved on? 

Your defense of what Alford did is absolutely disgusting. 

Do I believe they have moved on from Alford? Probably. It's been 20 years. Alford has said he was wrong for defending him before all facts came out. I'm sure there is much more to what happened than we will ever know and I bet New Mexico, UCLA and Nevada know more than we will ever know. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Do I believe they have moved on from Alford? Probably. It's been 20 years. Alford has said he was wrong for defending him before all facts came out. I'm sure there is much more to what happened than we will ever know and I bet New Mexico, UCLA and Nevada know more than we will ever know. 

You are absolutely disgusting for suggesting that a sexual-assault victim has just "moved on" because 20 years have passed.

You are absolutely disgusting for suggesting that a sexual-assault victim has just "moved on" because 20 years have passed.

You act like Alford sexually assaulted her. He didn't. He defended the guy before all of the facts came out. He's said he was wrong for doing so. I'm saying the girl has likely moved on from Alford defending the guy. Not from being sexually assaulted. I'm not defending Alford defending the guy. I am saying that people deserve a second chance and he's clearly passed that chance for years.