Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: Illinois @ Indiana Tues., Feb. 2, 9 pm ESPN/2

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

So glad he made the shot, but why does Archie consistently have them start the play with about 6 seconds left?  It's a running clock, shoot it with about 2 or 3 to get the putback. 

More challenging and therein rewarding.

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Sit a guy an entire game for being late to practice? Was he 3 days late? Guys at other schools only miss the 1st 4 minutes if they're accused of actual crimes. Archie must be a stickler.

Not sure Archie can win.  Fans get on him for not making players accountable yet if he does others get on him.

Bottom line is we don't know the circumstances, and if it is a failed drug test (which someone suggested) then there could be a mandatory suspension.  IMO, it is proper for a coach to keep team discipline issues internal and not make them public.  Our want to know doesn't make it necessary to know.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

FB fan page -- not very reliable. But I've seen more than one person post that it was a failed test (again, not of the classroom variety). 

Ahh.. so it IS devil’s lettuce (Treesh-ism)

6 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Sit a guy an entire game for being late to practice? Was he 3 days late? Guys at other schools only miss the 1st 4 minutes if they're accused of actual crimes. Archie must be a stickler.

At MSU you can be guilty of assault and the university will get you 0 repercussions and an apology. **** Izzo is what I’m getting at 

11 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Two questions:

1. Are you and Lander related?

2. Do you have an off switch? We get it, Lander is a 5 star and Durham is no good. You've covered that

Durham doesn’t suck but he’s nothing special either. 11 ppg on 39% shooting this season. Same with Phinisee. The latter has 0 points, 0 rebounds, and 0 assists tonight. Lander has played better as he’s been given more time. It’s hard to get a groove when you’re playing 2-3 minutes here and there. He’s played 11 tonight and done well. Why not play Lander over the meh senior when the team doesn’t drop off with Lander on the court?

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Not sure Archie can win.  Fans get on him for not making players accountable yet if he does others get on him.

Bottom line is we don't know the circumstances, and if it is a failed drug test (which someone suggested) then there could be a mandatory suspension.  IMO, it is proper for a coach to keep team discipline issues internal and not make them public.  Our want to know doesn't make it necessary to know.

I believe after three failed tests it's a mandatory suspension or the NCAA can impose sanctions.  Part of the myriad reasons Syracuse got in trouble many years ago with Melo 2.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

We suck.

Better?

Remember , before the game I asked you to cheer em home tonight! Don’t let us down brother.

You ain't gotta bash them, you just gotta admit problems.  Like waiting way too long to make a play in a running clock.

I'm still hoping they poop their shorts

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Durham doesn’t suck but he’s nothing special either. 11 ppg on 39% shooting this season. Same with Phinisee. The latter has 0 points, 0 rebounds, and 0 assists tonight. Lander has played better as he’s been given more time. It’s hard to get a groove when you’re playing 2-3 minutes here and there. Why not play Lander over the meh senior when the team doesn’t drop off with Lander on the court?

I agree he's playing much better tonight but he was making some costly mistakes in previous games.  If we get this level of Lander I wouldn't be opposed with him splitting minutes with the upperclassmen.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Durham doesn’t suck but he’s nothing special either. 11 ppg on 39% shooting this season. Same with Phinisee. The latter has 0 points, 0 rebounds, and 0 assists tonight. Lander has played better as he’s been given more time. It’s hard to get a groove when you’re playing 2-3 minutes here and there. Why not play Lander over the meh senior when the team doesn’t drop off with Lander on the court?

I'm not Durham fan myself, but I've seen enough games where he's initiating the offense (for whatever reason) even with Phinisee on the court. You can impact the game without scoring, not saying he's doing that tonight, but without Hunter I don't think IU can afford to just completely sit him in the second half regardless of how well Lander is playing. Happy to see Lander finally finding his footing, but to say we don't need Al now I think is misguided is all.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The original question wasn't pointed at you.  In terms of Durham, he does still lead the team in assists (which he has no business doing....it's embarassing to Phinnissee) and rebounds decently for a guard.  The fact is the poster who originated this has an unhealthy obsession to the point of not caring what Durham does on the court while assessing him.

The fact is that they way they are calling the game tonight, we are going to need all of our guards as the refs seems to want Dosunmu on the line.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I agree he's playing much better tonight but he was making some costly mistakes in previous games.  If we get this level of Lander I wouldn't be opposed with him splitting minutes with the upperclassmen.

Yeah, I guess I don't get the thought that Lander has played so well this year that he's deserved a big uptick in playing time.

Anyone have Durham’s +\- so far tonight?  Just curious as he is not a bad player but we just look and feel better when he is not in the game. We are going to need him to pull this game out but just feels like we play better without him for some reason. Just curious what the numbers show?