Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

2022 SF Tyrell Ward

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Whenever a kid mentions LSU, he’s making it easier for me to move on. No interest, none,  in any kid legitimately interested in Will Wade. 

Discuss your conversation with Mike Woodson and your overall thoughts on Indiana?

“He talked about me being an impact player from the start and also bringing the NBA style with him and using me as a positionless player, and helping me develop my body right away to adjust to the Big Ten.”

https://stockrisers.com/s/345/four-star-junior-tyrell-ward-locks-in-official-visits-talks-recruitment

Southern JamFest from DuShawn London:  An already proven scorer, 6-foot-7, 185 pound Tyrell Ward was one of the standouts of day one. The New World and Dematha Catholic G/F played with the ball in his hands a lot, scoring from all three levels while really locking in on the defensive side of the ball. Ward has long arms which helps him get into the passing lanes and be disruptive. Ward currently has a final eight schools and plans on taking five officials to five of his final eight by August.

Ward wants to visit four schools:  Xavier, Indiana, LSU and Maryland.  He said specific dates have not been established for those four visits.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/report-2022-small-forward-tyrell-ward-wants-to-visit-four-schools-including-indiana/?fbclid=IwAR25CJbSsBWm4L3pJTkD8DYRyLGhcnZqNq6qDCcgJYkLL-yafsGO5SUxCFo

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ward wants to visit four schools:  Xavier, Indiana, LSU and Maryland.  He said specific dates have not been established for those four visits.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/report-2022-small-forward-tyrell-ward-wants-to-visit-four-schools-including-indiana/?fbclid=IwAR25CJbSsBWm4L3pJTkD8DYRyLGhcnZqNq6qDCcgJYkLL-yafsGO5SUxCFo

Virginia Tech will probably be hard to beat on this one.  Virginia Tech just hired DeMatha’s coach as an assistant 

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Virginia Tech will probably be hard to beat on this one.  Virginia Tech just hired DeMatha’s coach as an assistant 

I think you’re right on this one. Mike Smith is gonna be a monster at Va Tech. Still, it’s kind of strange that the kid would take an official to Maryland but possibly do an unofficial to Va Tech. Not sure Mike’s right on this one as far as proximity. College Park is maybe 10 mins from DeMatha  while Blacksburg is a cruise. Would’ve been like Leal taking an official to IU and then an unofficial to Vandy. Still, I really like this kid and I’m probably just wishfully thinking here. 

Jamie Shaw of Rivals -

Indiana: “They will be playing an NBA style. Head coach Mike Woodson told me that he is going to bring that style he had with the New York Knicks to Indiana, and I am really excited to see that when I go up there.”

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/four-star-tyrell-ward-plans-to-wait-on-visits

Jamie Shaw on the CP3 Memorial Day Classic and considered Ward the best defender of the weekend. -

Ward proved to be a difference maker over the weekend. The 6-foot-5 wing was a presence on the defensive end, especially in the passing lanes. Ward played the point of the defensive looks using his length and his quickness to make it a struggle for the opposition. Ward has a top eight of Indiana, LSU, Georgia, Xavier, Virginia Tech, Miami, Maryland and Georgetown.