Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Ohio State - 1/28/21 @ 8:00 on BTN

Little side note: I get that they want to give some of these ladies an opportunity to make a career for themselves with their passion, but the BTN is doing viewership of women’s basketball zero favors letting this Kathleen Doyle girl do color commentary on a big conference game. She’s worse than some of the high school kids that call their schools games on public tv channels. Ugh. 

IU has to get more athletic. They have good players but they struggle to defend especially against the quality B10 teams like Maryland and OSU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

OSU and Maryland seem to be IU's kryptonite. I have now seen every team play and can confidently say OSU and Maryland are just better. They are also a terrible matchup for the Hoosiers with their physicality and ability to score. Problem is we play OSU again and will probably end the same and we probably lose one more.

Still in a tough stretch but I have seen Iowa and MSU play who are next and both look no where on the same level as OSU and below NW but still good. (comparison Maryland just lost to OSU in a close game like IU did and beat MSU by over 30 tonight).  

OSU is banned from postseason play this yr but its them and Maryland for 1-2 and OSU could easily take conference crown and then have season done with ban. The question is whether we can get to 14-4 and a solid third which would be best record in conference ever. 

Don't start dropping games to teams you should not, but Maryland and OSU are that good. IU played far from their best game tonight but part of that is OSU is that good and just took out Maryland as well. 

5 minutes ago, mjhoosier said:

IU has to get more athletic. They have good players but they struggle to defend especially against the quality B10 teams like Maryland and OSU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yup those two are by far the biggest and most athletic and cause IU to struggle. No one else is anywhere near that level in conference and as result IU has taken care of them.

Not our night as the Buckeyes take control of the 4th Q and get a 78 -70 win.   Have to regroup for Michigan State on Sunday.

Reb:  Holmes 10; Berger 10; Patberg 9; Gulbe 8; Penn 4                                Assists:  Patberg 4; Penn 3      

Shooting:    IU  40%        O$U  36%          We were just 1-14 on 3s and 15-24 FT.     17 turnovers also a big problem tonight.

Lets do this like a presidential race with game status for IU in remaining games:

Safe wins:

PU

PSU

@Wis

@Ill

Probable wins:

MSU 

Iowa

Tossups:

@Iowa

Mich

Probable Loss:

@OSU

Need to win all the games in the first two columns and split the tossups. That would put us at 14-4 which to me is the number the team and fans should be shooting for as it would lock up at least third place and also once again set a new record for Big Ten wins.

Also if we make up Rutgers home game and MSU road game, Rutgers goes in the safe win category and @MSU in Probable win category. Should win both of those.