Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 17 - Illinois 2/2/21)

6 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Dakich on the call. Hopefully, someone has his IU cutout made or he will be angry.

IU 72

ILL 71

Well, I might want to change this if what I'm hearing is true. Still not sure who will be available for tomorrow night

Can IU catch lightening in a bottle twice in the same season?

Over/under for this game is 141.5 and Illinois is a 2 or 3 point favorite.  That makes the implied result somewhere around 72-69 Illinois.

I'm wondering if this is a classic bounce game for Illinois.  They just squeezed by Iowa and could be set for a let down against a team that they have already beaten.  While Indiana is only 4-4 at home this year, Illinois is only 3-3 on the road and certainly susceptible to the upset.

Meanwhile IU has had over a week to get ready and heal.  Just like before the Iowa game.  Turn one of the overtime losses around and both Illinois and Indiana would be looking at 10-6 records, instead of 10-6 and 9-7.

I'm looking for an Indiana upset in a game where Illinois might not be their sharpest.  I make it 76-71 Hoosiers.