Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

NOLA Hoosier

Game Thread: Rutgers Scarlet Knights @ Indiana (12PM ET on BTN)

Really what my major complaint was the fact geronimo didn't get a chance to create a spark in first half. We were playing a kid injured rather than put in a athletic kid who has proven to play well. He gets in down freaking double digits to come in. Difficult situation but he and lander did good. This game is 1 million percent on archie and tjd gets some blame for being to soft today

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This game is a great example of why it's been this season in particular that's soured me on Archie.

I feel like a lot of folks' criticism of Archie was based on just wins and losses, and while yeah, our W/L weren't where we wanted them to be, every year I felt like we were making incremental improvements and slowly but surely solidifying our defense into something really efficient. But the way we've regressed so much on D this year has laid waste to that theory.

Archie's whole coaching philosophy is supposedly defense. It was why I was so excited to watch his teams after the fun but empty calories of Crean ball. If we were still occasionally losing tough games but showing improvement on D, it'd be one thing. But if our D is going to be this bad, it negates his entire ostensible reason for being here.

Ixnay on Archay

We hoped for the best but it just didn’t happen.

4 years of inconsistent consistency less than mediocrity is enough.

Sad. But true.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Posted in Women's Thread as well:

Exhibit A: IU Women erase a double digit deficit against a really good NW team in second half for double digit win. They have now pulled away from rest of Big Ten besides Maryland and will compete with them for Big Ten Title. This also shows tremendous growth as IU was in same position earlier in yr vs. Tennessee and lost. 

Exhibit B: IU Men are down double digits second half against bad Rutgers team and never get over hump and take a bad loss and have shown no growth throughout season. 

One has a coach who needs an extension to avoid being poached and the other has a coach who needs to be fired. Amazing the difference where programs are at. 

Not a lot of positives today, but this was the most comfortable Lander has looked all season. First time he wasn't rushing everything. Hopefully he can keep that going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is improving.
Not very good defensively though....Know who Gio Baker is? I do. You do. Did he?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Not a lot of positives today, but this was the most comfortable Lander has looked all season. First time he wasn't rushing everything. Hopefully he can keep that going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would help if Archie Miller didn't have 30 minutes set aside for Al Durham every game. 

Mistake not playing Geronimo early!

Mistake not fouling at the end of the game with a team that is second to last in the nation at them.

Mistake not playing Lander more earlier in season . He looks ready now and has a quick first step that our other guards don’t have.

Mistake losing home games when we can’t afford to . We will miss the tournament yet again.

I really like our Freshman class. I hope they stick around regardless of what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think the biggest reason for today’s performance, TJD! He did not, for the 4-5th time this season, look as though he wanted to be there. The dilemma is what as a coach do you do when you have 1 other player with size? Do you continue to let him check out or do you bench him and hope that a smaller line up can hang? I do not understand TJD at all, all B1G talent, on any night could take on anyone in D-1, but every couple games decides to either take the game off or is still in bed sleeping! I have seen a lot of people say he is gone this year, but have not seen him in very many draft conversations, and I believe his disappearing acts may have a lot to do with it. If he wants to play at the next level, he has to turn it on game in and game out! I don’t know if he can.

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

I think the biggest reason for today’s performance, TJD! He did not, for the 4-5th time this season, look as though he wanted to be there. The dilemma is what as a coach do you do when you have 1 other player with size? Do you continue to let him check out or do you bench him and hope that a smaller line up can hang? I do not understand TJD at all, all B1G talent, on any night could take on anyone in D-1, but every couple games decides to either take the game off or is still in bed sleeping! I have seen a lot of people say he is gone this year, but have not seen him in very many draft conversations, and I believe his disappearing acts may have a lot to do with it. If he wants to play at the next level, he has to turn it on game in and game out! I don’t know if he can.

I'd like to see his stats in games that start at noon. He always seems to sleepwalk through these games. I've never seen a guy not be ready for the opening tip in a game. That was a really bad omen for this one. 

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Spot on. TJD has been infuriating at times this season. He looks checked out for entire halves, something that a fringe NBA prospect absolutely can not do. 

Nah man. No single player, into it or out of it, decided this. You couldn’t stop dribble penetration on the perimeter, were late rotating all game, forgot, yes forgot, Gio Baker on several defensive plays, and turned it over 9 times in the second half. Look no further than that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Spot on. TJD has been infuriating at times this season. He looks checked out for entire halves, something that a fringe NBA prospect absolutely can not do. 

Yes several half performances this year, but today all game. And it’s the same MO every game he does this, either too soft or wayyyy to hard at the rim, lazy passes, back to the basket is no existent, no fight on rebounding, at least 1 over the back call on him..... I just don’t get it!