Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

NOLA Hoosier

Game Thread: Rutgers Scarlet Knights @ Indiana (12PM ET on BTN)

I'm interested in seeing the lineups thrown out today. We honestly didn't miss Galloway at all. Leal needs 15-20 minutes. Geronimo needs at least 10. We need Rob to continue being aggressive trying to score. But where does Galloway fit in now?
I am worried that archie will forget everything that happened Thursday and we will see a day filled with lineups that don't make any sense. Probably geronimo won't get in the game or something crazy like that. Hopefully archie has learned and will give guys minutes and those guys are ready to capitalize on it like last game

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

I am worried that archie will forget everything that happened Thursday and we will see a day filled with lineups that don't make any sense. Probably geronimo won't get in the game or something crazy like that. Hopefully archie has learned and will give guys minutes and those guys are ready to capitalize on it like last game

No, Geronimo’s gonna play. Wouldn’t surprise me if he plays more than the other night. When Rutgers plays Harper at the 4, and they do it a lot, he becomes a really bad matchup problem for IU. Thompson isn’t gonna chase him for 25 mins. Maybe Hunter gets that matchup more, but I don’t like that any better. But Geronimo, on effort and athleticism alone, has a chance to help here for 10 or 15 mins. 

No, Geronimo’s gonna play. Wouldn’t surprise me if he plays more than the other night. When Rutgers plays Harper at the 4, and they do it a lot, he becomes a really bad matchup problem for IU. Thompson isn’t gonna chase him for 25 mins. Maybe Hunter gets that matchup more, but I don’t like that any better. But Geronimo, on effort and athleticism alone, has a chance to help here for 10 or 15 mins. 
Yeah I was just getting a point across that archie hasn't been great at getting kids minutes that can impact a game. Usually it takes a injury or something to get a kid a chance.

9 minutes ago, Demo said:

+1

Geronimo, on strength and quickness, is an excellent choice to guard Harper.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Yeah I was just getting a point across that archie hasn't been great at getting kids minutes that can impact a game. Usually it takes a injury or something to get a kid a chance.

Yeah, I know you were making a broader point. It just gave me a chance to spout off about Geronimo, who I love. He’s still undercooked, but there aren’t many guys switchable enough to credibly defend Garza in 1 game and Harper in the next.

Hopefully, they play like they did Thursday

On a side note, I enjoyed the Story of Rutgers' Myles Johnson on the Journey this week. He seems like a solid young man who knew what he wanted when choosing his College. Their Engineering Program was just as important as the basketball program.

Journey is by far my favorite non-game program for College Basketball. We fans, of any team, often look at players of other teams as someone to dislike. This program shows their personal side. Of course, there are some players that are easy to dislike based on their on Court conduct. Prime examples would be Davison and Grayson Allen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk