Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers @ Iowa Hawkeyes (9 p.m. EST on FS1)

Better substance than your post tbh

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
The lone "lol" response on a message board says one of four things to me:
1. Juvenile
2. Lack of rebuttal
3. Lazy
4. Jerk

None of those provide anything. Also there are people on here seeming to fall right into the same step as year's past with talking about making tourney runs this year, great players wanting to transfer here, and us being a top 15 team next year. These are things discussed in the thread for the best win of the year. So despite you being a snarky **** about it you are in fact wrong. My point is you can't too high after one win just like you can't get too low after one loss. Or if you do one or the other you shouldn't then cast stones at the other side of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I agree Geronimo did a very nice job. But a true freshman and a converted small forward as your post options?...in the Big Ten? That will be a catastrophe.

Same goes for Race. He is a solid 4, but not a starting center on a good team, IMO. Better shooting would help, but good teams have capable big men. Gonna have to get a serviceable transfer if Brunk & TJD move on. 

Only a catastrophe for Indiana for some reason. Duncomb isnt a big time recruit, but if we have Rob, Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Stewart, Lander all on the perimeter, our bigs should be complimentary pieces rather than focuses. That includes Race. 

16 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

The lone "lol" response on a message board says one of four things to me:
1. Juvenile
2. Lack of rebuttal
3. Lazy
4. Jerk

None of those provide anything. Also there are people on here seeming to fall right into the same step as year's past with talking about making tourney runs this year, great players wanting to transfer here, and us being a top 15 team next year. These are things discussed in the thread for the best win of the year. So despite you being a snarky **** about it you are in fact wrong. My point is you can't too high after one win just like you can't get too low after one loss. Or if you do one or the other you shouldn't then cast stones at the other side of it.

5. Or just someone who found this whole thread funny when reading it all the way through and picked your response to put the lol on it.   I guess I could of just did the emoji laugh like others.   Sorry it offended you.   Surely people see  the humor in this thread after every outcome of a single game win or lose the roller coaster responses.   I thought it was funny nothing more nothing less 

5. Or just someone who found this whole thread funny when reading it all the way through and picked your response to put the lol on it.   I guess I could of just did the emoji laugh like others.   Sorry it offended you.   Surely people see  the humor in this thread after every outcome of a single game win or lose the roller coaster responses.   I thought it was funny nothing more nothing less 
The only offense is that it simply provided nothing. If you thought the whole thread was so funny you laughed out loud then you could've just created a single post without quoting anyone to say that. When you quote me it makes me wonder what about that post was hilarious. It is also out of character for you because you normally provide something when you post and as a mod I wouldn't think you'd provoke anyone with a post that could only really do that because it wasn't going to do anything else. Doesn't really matter. Moving on.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Let's just try to get more post depth.  A SF playing the 5 in the B1G should be 'in case of emergency break glass'.

Could Brunk come back next year? (Assuming he’s healthy enough). He’ll be 24 at the start of the season next year so he might be ready to move on with his life, but he might not want his career to end like this.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I was going over some previous meetings with Iowa and was surprised to see we've won 10 of the last 14 matchups, including 4 of the last 6 in Carver-Hawkeye. The two we lost in that span were both in overtime. 

There are teams that we have done well against and others that have owned us. Outside of Iowa, the only teams we’ve owned have been bottom feeders. Our record against Wisconsin and Purdue for example is horrendous 

24 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

There are teams that we have done well against and others that have owned us. Outside of Iowa, the only teams we’ve owned have been bottom feeders. Our record against Wisconsin and Purdue for example is horrendous 

It seems like anymore, we can never rattle off more than 3 or 4 in a row against anybody, even the bottom feeders. But as mentioned above, you can't forget the epic 3 game run we currently have on MSU. 

After a sampling of college basketball, almost everything we complain about with how IU plays could be said about nearly every other team. I fully understand wanting excellence in our program, but there is some ugly basketball being played everywhere. Let's not forget that one of the best offensive basketball teams in the country went 11 minutes without a field goal at home against us. Not an excuse or justification. Just an observation.

54 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Michigan State a bottom feeder?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

“Owned” being the key - I wouldn’t say we’ve owned Michigan State. We have played them well very recently but that’s 3 games out of how many? Overall they have a case to say they’ve owned us if anything

last 10 games against MSU we are 4-6

On 1/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, cthomas said:

After a sampling of college basketball, almost everything we complain about with how IU plays could be said about nearly every other team. I fully understand wanting excellence in our program, but there is some ugly basketball being played everywhere. Let's not forget that one of the best offensive basketball teams in the country went 11 minutes without a field goal at home against us. Not an excuse or justification. Just an observation.

Fair point and why I prefer NBA basketball right now.