Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers @ Iowa Hawkeyes (9 p.m. EST on FS1)

Yeah, I got ya. I think we just have some wires crossed here. I have the same app you're showing. I have it on my phone, ipad, apple TV, etc. DirecTV is a supported provider. I stream live sports through that same app all the time. For some reason, I do not see any option to access replays on that same fox sports app. Funny part is I don't even need that. I DVR'd the game. I was just trying to contribute to the conversation about where to find the replay....and have obviously done very poorly in my attempt. 

Got ya. Yeah on mine you just scroll down until you get to the section with game replays.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I watched the replay that was posted earlier.

-There times we could've gotten down big, but fought.

-Some questionable fouls, but battled through foul trouble

-Leal looked more comfortable

-That's the kind of game we need from Phinisee

-FT shooting was dreadful, no excuse to be that bad at the easiest shot in the game

I'm wondering if this was our one game to have to have a really good game. We had Marquette in Archie's second year and then we fell off, Florida State last year and then we fell off. Was the Iowa win just that? We will know Sunday against Rutgers. They aren't very good now that the target is on their back. Gotta take advantage of their slump and throttle them. 

I'm wondering if this was our one game to have to have a really good game. We had Marquette in Archie's second year and then we fell off, Florida State last year and then we fell off. Was the Iowa win just that? We will know Sunday against Rutgers. They aren't very good now that the target is on their back. Gotta take advantage of their slump and throttle them. 

Rutgers is good just in a bad slump. They have lost 5 in a row and are due for a good performance. Worried that they will put it together Sunday against us and we won’t be ready.

Hope I am wrong and Rutgers continues to be rutger.

I’ve seen a lot of concern over who is going to play center next year including myself. 

duncomb of course but it seems like Geronimo can do it too. I don’t like 6’6” centers but he can do it from time to time, good to know

11 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I’ve seen a lot of concern over who is going to play center next year including myself. 

duncomb of course but it seems like Geronimo can do it too. I don’t like 6’6” centers but he can do it from time to time, good to know

I agree Geronimo did a very nice job. But a true freshman and a converted small forward as your post options?...in the Big Ten? That will be a catastrophe.

Same goes for Race. He is a solid 4, but not a starting center on a good team, IMO. Better shooting would help, but good teams have capable big men. Gonna have to get a serviceable transfer if Brunk & TJD move on. 

18 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Let's just try to get more post depth.  A SF playing the 5 in the B1G should be 'in case of emergency break glass'.

Better substance than your post tbh

Serious question. Are you unhappy because IU won and people are happy about it? Or is it because people have said that if they turn out it around they might not want Archie gone?
I'm asking because your last few posts certainly look that way.
This is not an attack on you. Just trying to figure out where you are coming from.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Let's just try to get more post depth.  A SF playing the 5 in the B1G should be 'in case of emergency break glass'.

Yeah losing a guy like Brunk hurts but we had a couple open spots coming into the year. When you see guys like Nunge who is from Indiana on other teams rosters it makes you wonder why we don’t always grab a 3 star big even if they are primarily a bench guy.  Heck i never really liked the attention Priller got but he had to play center a few times and wasn’t terrible. If we have open spots our depth can’t be blamed on an injury to our 1 real center.  

Serious question. Are you unhappy because IU won and people are happy about it? Or is it because people have said that if they turn out it around they might not want Archie gone?
This is not an attack on you. Just trying to figure out where you are coming from.

I think you meant to quote someone else?

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Yeah losing a guy like Brunk hurts but we had a couple open spots coming into the year. When you see guys like Nunge who is from Indiana on other teams rosters it makes you wonder why we don’t always grab a 3 star big even if they are primarily a bench guy.  Heck i never really liked the attention Priller got but he had to play center a few times and wasn’t terrible. If we have open spots our depth can’t be blamed on an injury to our 1 real center.  

Yes, I’m concerned for this position next year. In Archie’s time here we’ve had two nba caliber players in the post in Morgan and TJD. What happens when we go from that to an unproven freshmen and a 6’6” sophomore.

we not only need more depth but more talent and experience. We need a transfer and not just a body but one that can/will start over those two. Like Bielfeldt quality at worst or we are in for a world of trouble

I'm assuming you meant for that question to go to me. I'm not unhappy. I was in the game thread the whole time and enjoyed the win. Best case scenario IU goes on a crazy run and the rest of the season is fun. I don't care who the coach is I just want to see victories on top of victories and to have fun watching games again. And despite what everyone is trying to rudely say to me there are people on here acting like everything is ok again after 1 great win. I get excitement and enthusiasm after a big win and I have/had it too but you can't take too much from 1 win just as you can't do that with 1 loss.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk