Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers @ Iowa Hawkeyes (9 p.m. EST on FS1)

13 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Guys I didn’t get to see the game.  I think I owe it to Hoosier Nation not to watch the games live...... you’re welcome.

Me either! I am resigned to not watching anymore and if that means they win so be it!

10 hours ago, Btownsneaker said:

This team has the components of a team that could make a run in March, maybe sweet 16 if we are lucky. But if Lander gets comfortable and confident, Stewart adds a shooting threat and TJD returns, then the 2021-2022 team could be special. Just some thoughts, obviously we’d need our current roster to take a step forward, just excited for the future of the program. 

I was thinking the same thing this morning. If TJD comes back, and only losing Al, this should be a top 15 team next year. 

12 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

if someone sees where on youtube or wherever where a fan can watch a replay of the game. FYI, cant do hulu or anything like that due to bandwidth issues. but, if someone has is it on digits and can send it to me, i can download it

I gotcha brother:

if someone sees where on youtube or wherever where a fan can watch a replay of the game. FYI, cant do hulu or anything like that due to bandwidth issues. but, if someone has is it on digits and can send it to me, i can download it

Keep an eye on BTN. They show replays of FS1 games once in awhile

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hunter is definitely a 4 for us.  I actually really like our group of 4s.  Which gives us flexibility with the 5. Not sure Brooks would have a role with us Sadly.  Unless we move Race to the 5 permanently 

We got 43 points last night out of our starting guards. That’s what we have to find a way to continue. Depth wise I like what we have but wouldn’t mind Al sticking around.  

I can think back and add up the scoring from our starting guards in about 7 games and it wouldn't be 43 points

11 hours ago, Btownsneaker said:

This team has the components of a team that could make a run in March, maybe sweet 16 if we are lucky. But if Lander gets comfortable and confident, Stewart adds a shooting threat and TJD returns, then the 2021-2022 team could be special. Just some thoughts, obviously we’d need our current roster to take a step forward, just excited for the future of the program. 

This team playing with effort and if we get hot a few games could easily go further than a sweet sixteen. We shall see

Just watched the 23-3 stretch.  And my god that is what you want IU to be. 

We made a lights out shooter go 0-9.  That’s insane dude could probably go 1-9 blindfolded and we kept him scoreless. 

Pretty much everybody who played during that stretch played with energy and was unselfish. With our freshmen playing very well.  

Archie has a chance hear to regain momentum. We have a beatable Rutgers team coming up. Then Michigan on the road which is basically house money atm. Then two good teams at home. Protect home Court here and we are in a great spot. 7-5 in conference.  With 2 games against Struggling MSU and games against our home loses which hopefully we can’t get revenge for at least one. 

Sorry for the glare, but I found this going through the BTN schedule and found this. The game is aired at 1600 central time today7654b52746829e87af3dd77ebfd3a21c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I was thinking the same thing this morning. If TJD comes back, and only losing Al, this should be a top 15 team next year. 

Pump the brakes.. this team CAN be good with consistent effort.  How good is basically up to them and what they're willing to put in over the offseason.  Armaan showed that he wanted it and made a jump between freshman and sophomore year.  Will others around him make that jump, do they have that fire?

The biggest issue with this team and it has been for several years is consistency.  They've shown they can win these games but also lay absolute turds on any given night.