Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers @ Iowa Hawkeyes (9 p.m. EST on FS1)

1 minute ago, Btownsneaker said:

This team has the components of a team that could make a run in March, maybe sweet 16 if we are lucky. But if Lander gets comfortable and confident, Stewart adds a shooting threat and TJD returns, then the 2021-2022 team could be special. Just some thoughts, obviously we’d need our current roster to take a step forward, just excited for the future of the program. 

Welcome aboard with the first post Sneaker.

Keep diving on in!

I was interested to see how this team would respond in this game, coming off of such a bad performance exactly one week ago.  Tonight the team showed up, rose to the challenge, got different things going offensively, and the defensive effort and execution was as good as I think I’ve seen under Archie.  Not to mention they closed the deal and didn’t make any critical mistakes down the stretch.   

I stand by all the criticism towards Archie from after the Purdue game because I believe it was deserved, especially since it’s clear this team has more to it than what it showed during that game.  With that said huge credit to not only the players but the coaching staff as well as they had a great game plan and kept the #1 Kenpom offense in the nation to under 70 points.   

Edited by craigyv88

Games like this take me back to the argument I had made the last few seasons that if Archie had some shooters on his team, his system isn’t that far off from making us competitive...

This team is still a work in progress, but tonight was a great win and actually fun to watch (free throw shooting be damned!). A good resume a builder and it was great to see our young guys having fun together out there. Let’s build on this and get through this tough stretch we have coming up. 

The flashes from our young guys are really something.  As down on Archie as I am if we can keep TJD another year and make the tourney this year who knows maybe he can figure something out. 

Either way if I am Dolson I am telling Archie he has to hire a shooting consultant or something. 

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If Brass actually did watch Ozark with his wife instead of the game, I hope he does it the next 4 games! ;)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lol actually my daughter had a rough night sleeping so we started Ozark just as they made the winning plays down the stretch.  

BTW Ozark S3E9 might be one of the best episodes of TV ever 

Good.  Looking at the box score we hit well from range for a change, though FTs still suck something awful.  That's the kind of game we need from Phinisee more often; he's shown the ability to be a solid contributor at this level, but needs to show it more consistently.

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol actually my daughter had a rough night sleeping so we started Ozark just as they made the winning plays down the stretch.  

BTW Ozark S3E9 might be one of the best episodes of TV ever 

Really good.  Tom Pelphrey(Ben) got robbed of even an Emmy nomination.  He should of won for best supporting actor and didn’t even get nominated