Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers @ Iowa Hawkeyes (9 p.m. EST on FS1)

11 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Gutsiest win of the AM era? I haven’t read the thread at all and I’m sure it’s been covered but FREE THROWS!! We could have won by 17...20? Huge props to the aggressive and ready to go Rob, Geronimo ready to fill some huge minutes, and just a team full of guys finally ready to fight their ***** off.

Great clock and roster management by Archie with Trace and Race in early foul trouble. 

11 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Lander has the skills but Rob/Al have the experience. Coaches aren’t about to trust a freshman playing 4 or 5 minutes a game in that situation regardless of skill.

Lander for Franklin was my point. Franklin doesn’t have the skills or the experience 

8 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I’ll say this about Lander. He will be overlooked tonight by most, but the minutes he had tonight were some of his best. He absolutely STOLE those very valuable minutes for Archie. He didn’t have to be great, he just had to get some rest for Rob/Frank. His defense was good, he moved the ball, got guys some shots and was strong with the ball. Those minutes he played in the 2nd half were GIGANTIC. Good job kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely. I think some people have written him off prematurely. I graduated from an Indy-area HS in 2006 and either saw or played against multiple guys that ended up in the NBA. The only two that could’ve walked into a college game against the #4 team at Lander’s age and given meaningful minutes were Oden and Gordon. I think that says quite a bit...

Edit: For our younger posters, Greg Oden was an absolute monster at that age.

1 minute ago, hoosierdogg said:

Great clock management by Archie with Trace and Race in early foul trouble. 

Yeah for sure. I mean.... I’m literally shocked. I’m not making up the fact that they both picked up their 4th before the under 12 TO in the 2nd half right? And that we were losing by 9 at that point? Just a masterful job of clock management as you said.

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Let me add to the joy:

As disastrous as Kentucky has been, this afternoon they started a thread that would provide them some happiness at our expense.

Tonight, that thread did not age well:

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/whose-looking-forward-to-iu-getting-waxed-tonight-by-iowa.336936/

"whose" instead of "who's". 

UK fans...God love 'em. 

Loved having the guards double Garza as he started backing in. So easy to pick his pocket. Seemed once he dropped his head he was determined to back in and we figured it out. They had no answer after that which is silly since we had no one to contest him down low.

Huge kudos to all those who battled and fouled Garza the first 60% of the game as he seemed to give up trying to post us the last 40%

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

First time all year absolutely NOBODY had a throw-away game. Lander did nothing spectacular but had no turnovers and took no bad shots. Geronimo...lived up to his name. Down the line, though, nobody failed to hold up their ends when called upon. But, guys, we gotta start hitting those free throws.

This team has the components of a team that could make a run in March, maybe sweet 16 if we are lucky. But if Lander gets comfortable and confident, Stewart adds a shooting threat and TJD returns, then the 2021-2022 team could be special. Just some thoughts, obviously we’d need our current roster to take a step forward, just excited for the future of the program.