Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

We are Currently a Tourney Team

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It's a good resume for another NIT. Because if that's an NCAA tourney resume, then college basketball has continued to get worse

Sigh.

I believe we go through this with you EVERY FREAKIN SEASON!

College basketball, as with every sport, will be GUARANTEED to have a record every season of exactly a .500 winning percentage. No better, no worse.

The top 68 teams out of 300 includes a bunch of teams from high major conferences instead of above .500 small/mid conference teams, because when a team like IU plays an above .500 team from a small conference, the big conference team squishes them like a bug.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sigh.

College basketball, as with every sport, will be GUARANTEED to have a record every season of exactly a .500 winning percentage. No better, no worse.

The top 68 teams out of 300 includes a bunch of teams from high major conferences instead of above .500 small/mid conference teams, because when a team like IU plays an above .500 team from a small conference, the big conference team squishes them like a bug.

That's wrong actually. Teams play D2 teams that count on their record. So it isn't going to be .500. A little over likely. 

But it doesn't mean the quality isn't getting worse and worse. The one and done rule and conference realignment is showing its impact in an ugly way. 

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That's wrong actually. Teams play D2 teams that count on their record. So it isn't going to be .500. A little over likely. 

But it doesn't mean the quality isn't getting worse and worse. The one and done rule and conference realignment is showing its impact in an ugly way. 

Not the topic of discussion, but I tend to agree with LCS in this aspect. The quality of college basketball has continuously gotten worse throughout the years, in my opinion. Players jumping to the NBA at any chance they get and players transferring for more playing time has weakened the product over the years. Don't have the answers to fix it, but just my novice observation. Not trying to get in the middle of an LCS vs Mod spat, so carry on...

2 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

Not the topic of discussion, but I tend to agree with LCS in this aspect. The quality of college basketball has continuously gotten worse throughout the years, in my opinion. Players jumping to the NBA at any chance they get and players transferring for more playing time has weakened the product over the years. Don't have the answers to fix it, but just my novice observation. Not trying to get in the middle of an LCS vs Mod spat, so carry on...

First of all...I'm not acting as a mod when I disagree with the substance of a post! Please please (please!) tell me when I'm full of crap if my substantive point is not what you're thinking!

I'm not sure the quality of college ball has been much different throughout the one and done era, and may be better than during the previous none and done era. In any event, the one/none and dones affect a very small percentage of players.

However, my point was in response to LCS's contention that team resumes are somehow lesser than in other years or eras. To me that is nonsense (at least since the field expanded); teams win and lose and the committee judges their relative merits. 

Sigh.

Seems to be starting a little early this year. I thought this was a February “hot take” topic. The sky is blue

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

First of all...I'm not acting as a mod when I disagree with the substance of a post! Please please (please!) tell me when I'm full of crap if my substantive point is not what you're thinking!

I'm not sure the quality of college ball has been much different throughout the one and done era, and may be better than during the previous none and done era. In any event, the one/none and dones affect a very small percentage of players.

However, my point was in response to LCS's contention that team resumes are somehow lesser than in other years or eras. To me that is nonsense (at least since the field expanded); teams win and lose and the committee judges their relative merits. 

I would say that resumes will be less across the board this year without a full non-conference slate, which our Hoosiers could have desperately needed to pad that W-L column some. This is hopefully an outlier year but resumes are indeed lesser this year especially in this one and done era as you stated.

As far the first line - fair enough. Certainly wasn't my intention to put a target on my back as I enjoy discussing IU sports and sports in general so don't want to lose the privilege which a mod would have control over which is why I said I wasn't trying to get in the middle of it, which I guess I'm knee deep in now replying to this.  

16 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

As far the first line - fair enough. Certainly wasn't my intention to put a target on my back as I enjoy discussing IU sports and sports in general so don't want to lose the privilege which a mod would have control over which is why I said I wasn't trying to get in the middle of it, which I guess I'm knee deep in now replying to this.  

No worries!

I hope it's not a factor, but I guess it could be kinda unavoidable--in a large part because this site's moderators are universally charming, intelligent, and extremely good looking (except for Str8, who can't help the way he looks, and Stromboli, who instead of handsome, is delicious!) 

Anyway, no one should ever be afraid to disagree with a post because it's from a moderator. When board rules are stated...that's different, but mods' sports hot takes are just that; their own biased opinions.

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

D2 wins do not count toward wins when the committee evaluates them nor do they count when figuring SOS of other teams playing them. Only games played between D1 teams count toward SOS.

D2 wins do not count toward wins when the committee evaluates them nor do they count when figuring SOS of other teams playing them. Only games played between D1 teams count toward SOS.
Thanks I was surprised nobody caught that .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No worries!

I hope it's not a factor, but I guess it could be kinda unavoidable--in a large part because this site's moderators are universally charming, intelligent, and extremely good looking (except for Str8, who can't help the way he looks, and Stromboli, who instead of handsome, is delicious!) 

Aw, shucks. 

I can guarantee Stuhoo doesn’t mind if you disagree with him. But if any one of you try to say there is a sandwich superior to the Stromboli, loaded chicken or otherwise, we’ll have a problem. 

We are currently a tournament team that i agree with. I also believe we can still be a 2 seed. Problem is with our schedule and how poor we play we are not going to be in the tournament. We got a opportunity for a great win Thursday night so we shall see

3 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Aw, shucks. 

I can guarantee Stuhoo doesn’t mind if you disagree with him. But if any one of you try to say there is a sandwich superior to the Stromboli, loaded chicken or otherwise, we’ll have a problem. 

Personally?

I prefer an excellent cheeseburger. Can I call that a "modified Stromboli" if the meat is hamburger and the cheese is cheddar? I would be willing to do that to assuage your fragile sandwich ego.

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

We are currently a tournament team that i agree with. I also believe we can still be a 2 seed. Problem is with our schedule and how poor we play we are not going to be in the tournament. We got a opportunity for a great win Thursday night so we shall see

^^This^^

It doesn't look good considering our upcoming opponents, but at least we'll find out pretty soon.

It's a good resume for another NIT. Because if that's an NCAA tourney resume, then college basketball has continued to get worse. 

Dude you can argue your opinion all day long on the resume, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. The brackets are projected and picked by people like lunardi and similar who do it every year. If those people say we’re currently in then we’re currently in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

We are seeing more sub .500 conference teams the last few years get into the tourney is one big thing. 

But it isn't just the one and done rule, conference realignment has arguably hurt college basketball the most. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

When board rules are stated...that's different, but mods' sports hot takes are just that; their own biased opinions. Except for Hovadipo’s objectively correct take that the charge call in its current form is a crime against humanity and any ref that calls one should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. 

Fixed.