Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

We are Currently a Tourney Team

Now, of course, we will be substantial underdogs in four of next five games (two against Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan).

If we win 2 of 5 we will be 5-7 in conference and 10-9 overall, but with a reasonable remaining schedule and a top twenty win added. So, will it change anyone’s mind if we go 2-3 and are well-positioned to be tourney bound?

CAVEAT: If we play according to hoyle, we will be 4-8 in conference, 9-10 overall after the next five, and that will be a grim situation.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Now, of course, we will be substantial underdogs in four of next five games (two against Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan).

If we win 2 of 5 we will be 5-7 in conference and 10-9 overall, but with a reasonable remaining schedule and a top twenty win added. So, will it change anyone’s mind if we go 2-3 and are well-positioned to be tourney bound?

CAVEAT: If we play according to hoyle, we will be 4-8 in conference, 9-10 overall after the next five, and that will be a grim situation.

I keep wondering what the mood would be if we had pulled of the FSU game, and if a foul would have been called at the end of regulation against Wisconsin and TJD makes at least one free throw. Are we happy right now? Even if nothing else at all changed? If we're still a terrible shooting team, if our offense still struggled like it does, if we still got embarrassed by Purdue again, if we still didn't have recruiting momentum.....but we were 10-4, likely ranked and solidly projected to be in the field as something like a 6 seed. This is not an attempt to say "look how close we are!" I would have done that in previous seasons, but it doesn't carry much weight right now. Just curious to think about. 

I keep wondering what the mood would be if we had pulled of the FSU game, and if a foul would have been called at the end of regulation against Wisconsin and TJD makes at least one free throw. Are we happy right now? Even if nothing else at all changed? If we're still a terrible shooting team, if our offense still struggled like it does, if we still got embarrassed by Purdue again, if we still didn't have recruiting momentum.....but we were 10-4, likely ranked and solidly projected to be in the field as something like a 6 seed. This is not an attempt to say "look how close we are!" I would have done that in previous seasons, but it doesn't carry much weight right now. Just curious to think about. 
The loss to purdue every time we play them will never be ok. However if those things mentioned had happened i think we would feel better. The problem is every game archie coaches is a close struggle so naturally you are going to have some tough losses and some good close wins. There are other examples over the years where if something doesn't go right we lose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

It has been snowballing this year. Just about all the momentum has been negative. Losing some big games close but still losing. Struggling against teams we should beat handily. Losing badly to PU at home. Giving PU an incredible 8 game winning streak against us.

Missing on several recruiting targets. Remember Archie is more selective in who he offers and while you can’t get them all when you miss on all the big targets it adds up. 

thinking we should be a top 25 team only to realize we might not even be a tournament team. 

losing Brunk. 

Covid

The biggest and maybe only positive surprise has been the play of Franklin 

3 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Those two games would have changed things but If you want to do the “what ifs” don’t forget to include that it took overtime for us to beat PSU. 

I usually take it easy on the boards after PU losses. The sky is always falling and the sun will never rise. But then it does. This time around though, I think the doom is real. Seems like the whole world is against them. Even the most consistently positive podcast I know of, is now calling for a change. Depressing. One thing is certain, we are about to see what this team is made of. I feel the very future of the program rests on the shoulders of this young team. Can they grind out enough close wins to get an invite? Yeah, I think it’s more than possible. Will they? Don’t know. The players are going to need to decide how bad they want it. I figure, they have got to know that their coach’s future hinges on their success / failure. I fear the negativity directed toward the staff may have gotten in the heads of the players. I hope they can make it to their goal. I feel that missing the NCAA this season, with it being held in Indiana, would constitute a catastrophic failure. Years. It would take years to recover.

Fellas, play as hard as you can, for as long as you can. The program depends on it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Is the field just that bad this year?

We are 8-6 with wins over Stanford, Providence, Butler, and Maryland, and no bad losses.

Our problem is not our current resume, it's our record after we play Iowa twice, Illinois, Michigan, and Rutgers in our next five games. If we're still above water after that, we will rightfully have earned a field berth. 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We are 8-6 with wins over Stanford, Providence, Butler, and Maryland, and no bad losses.

Our problem is not our current resume, it's our record after we play Iowa twice, Illinois, Michigan, and Rutgers in our next five games. If we're still above water after that, we will rightfully have earned a field berth. 

Maryland and Butler aren't anything to gloat about. None of those wins are actually. 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You're saying that our awesome resume is built on beating a 7-6(3-4) Providence, a 4-7(3-) Butler, 8-5(4-3) Stanford and 8-6(2-5) Maryland? Do you see how pathetic of a resume that is?

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Maryland and Butler aren't anything to gloat about. None of those wins are actually. 

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You're saying that our awesome resume is built on beating a 7-6(3-4) Providence, a 4-7(3-) Butler, 8-5(4-3) Stanford and 8-6(2-5) Maryland? Do you see how pathetic of a resume that is?

I'm not gloating or saying that we have an "awesome resume", and your condescending crap is annoying as hell.

You asked why our resume is a tourney resume (for a ten seed, not a good seed) and I provided the multiple Quad 2 wins that make it that way.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm not gloating or saying that we have an "awesome resume", and your condescending crap is annoying as hell.

You asked why our resume is a tourney resume (for a ten seed, not a good seed) and I provided the multiple Quad 2 wins that make it that way.

It's a good resume for another NIT. Because if that's an NCAA tourney resume, then college basketball has continued to get worse.